View other files from this member
- Submitted: Jan 13 2012 05:34 PM
- Last Updated: Apr 04 2012 04:18 PM
- File Size: 2.77MB
- Views: 0
- Downloads: 14,072
- Approved by: Legolash2o
- Approved on: 13 January 2012 - 05:40 PM
Download DISM for XP and Vista v1.0.59 Votes
This will automatically install DISM for you and make sure you have the latest. This is needed to use WinKit and some other applications on Windows XP and Vista SP1 or later. It is not needed if you have Windows 7.
Deployment has a new tool in Windows 7: DISM (Deployment Image Servicing and Management). DISM is a command line tool which can be used to service a Windows® image or to prepare a Windows Preinstallation Environment (Windows PE) image. It replaces Package Manager (pkgmgr.exe), PEimg, and Intlcfg that were included in Windows Vista®.
DISM can be used to service Windows Vista® with Service Pack 1 (SP1) and Windows Server® 2008 and provides the same functionality that Package Manager provided. DISM provides additional functionality when used with Windows® 7 and Windows Server® 2008 R2.
In addition to replacing three previously released tools, DISM also supports more features and functionality than the other tools (most notably Package Manager) supported in Windows Vista, including logging, inventory commands with parse-able output, detailed help, offline INF driver package installation, direct application of MS update packages, and integration of international settings.
DISM can be used to..,
1. Add, remove, and enumerate packages.
2. Add, remove, and enumerate drivers.
3. Enable or disable Windows features.
4. Apply changes based on the offline servicing section of an unattend.xml answer file.
5. Configure international settings.
6. Upgrade a Windows image to a different edition.
7. Prepare a Windows PE image.
8. Take advantage of better logging.
9. Service down-level operating systems like Windows Vista with SP1 and Windows Server 2008 (Supports only Vista SP1 and later images)
10. Service all platforms (32-bit, 64-bit and Itanium).
11. Service a 32-bit image from a 64-bit host and service a 64-bit image from a 32-bit host.
12. Make use of old Package Manager scripts.
What's New in Version v1.0.5 (See full changelog)
- Will only work on XP and Vista.
- v1.0.4 fixes quite a few critical problems.
- v1.0.5 includes Imagex.exe (x86 and x64)
Other files you may be interested in ..
Aug 30 2011 08:10 PM
- 12 Total Files
- 6 Total Categories
- 6 Total Authors
- 211,803 Total Downloads
- Win Toolkit Latest File
- Legolash2o Latest Submitter
5 user(s) are online (in the past 15 minutes)
0 members, 4 guests, 1 anonymous users