Vista Update Pack?

laddanator

Is there anyone or anywhere I can download all the newest Vista updates in one place. Trying to download the updates from Update Catalog one by one is getting old. :) I know Vista sucks but we still get people who come in and want their Vista machine worked on.

Anyway you know of to convert cab to msu?

Good question... I'm not sure. I know that the program you want to use to install the updates is "pkgmgr". I don't know and haven't experimented with installing the CAB files on a Vista install before. Maybe cabbing the CAB file might work? I know that sounds stupid, but I just don't know....

Posted this in the wrong place. How can I move to the Vista Section?

I'll move it for ya....

Good question... I'm not sure. I know that the program you want to use to install the updates is "pkgmgr". I don't know and haven't experimented with installing the CAB files on a Vista install before. Maybe cabbing the CAB file might work? I know that sounds stupid, but I just don't know....

I'll move it for ya....

Thanks so much, dougiefresh!

• 8 months later...

Thanks I'll test it.

edit.

I have tried to integrate, but it shows me this error with wintoolkit.

vistasp2.jpg

152 of 169 'Not compatible with 6002' updates ?

At the end of the process vlite get's me the same error
Edited by mesmer

Thanks for your screenshots wiktorynka . Thanks to them I realized that I forgot to remove the compatibility check, I'm stupid.  :confused02:

With vlite, at the end of the process, I get a big screen showing me all updates are not supported. (over a hundred)

Thanks mooms. I'll try again with wintoolkit and if fails try with Batch Files for Integrating Vista Updates and Hotfixes

Edited by mesmer

In vLite do otherwise than in WinToolkit. At the beginning of the act in the same way or single out the only one that interests us the image of the system - better to do it in WinToolkit than vLite because this will further reduce the system image. In vLite add all the updates in the form of msu (KB956250 addition to adding a cab) at the end add IE9 msu and start integration. In general, do not integrate with vLite the following updates: KB968930, KB975929, KB980248, KB2545698. You can then install them manually or integrated into WinToolkit or Vista-Tool 2.0 beta 3. After integration by vLite all updates + IE9 pops up a message that IE9 is not integrated properly but restart and retry can bring a positive effect - click OK and allow the program to complete the work and save your changes. After reboot, remove vLite configuration file (with the Presets folder) and add again IE9.msu + langpack.cab to IE9 and updates to IE9 currently, IE9-Windows6.0-KB2829530.msu and IE9-Windows6.0-KB2847204.msu - now vLite all beautifully integrate. We can go to the integration of the four missing updates in WinToolkit or Vista-Tool 2.0 beta 3 or install the manually after installation. Ready - a little more work but the effect is the same. Any additions to the system DX, VC + +, MRT, NET 3.5 SP1, NET 4.5, Java, Flash, etc i propose to integrate the setupcomplete (best option) or the Vista Update Toolkit 1.8.2 (difficult and annoying to be correct).

P.S. There is another program WinNT6.0.0.8 True Integrator but I could not control it yet, the integration of updates to Vista - probably the problem causes IE9. But you can use it to integrate true addons.

Edited by wiktorynka

thank you very much for your clarifications. I've successfully integrated 167 updates. Included IE + updates + LP.

updatesfd.jpg

I used wintoolkit, but have been two updates in red and not installed. Are KB2483614 and KB2813347.

Tomorrow I'll try to integrate them with Vlite or another tool.

I used the 'rebuild' option to save space in the iso, but it weighs 4.87 Gb Only update pack have occupied more than 1.3 gb. Is it too much, or is it okay?

Edited by mesmer

Strange - as recently done in WinToolkit full-installing Vista Bussines x64 with integrated all the trimmings by setupcomplete (over 600MB) is the ISO image was about 4, 7GB but Vista x86 is about 3, 9GB. In vLite bit more.

Edited by wiktorynka