Cleaning LCD screens

NIM

What do you use for cleaning of LCD displays?

I have tried a lot of products and I can say that Carl Zeiss wipes works best for me.

They don't leave any stains while cleaning and dry very fast. At first those wipes contained alcohol, but the newest line of product doesn't contain any alcohol.

Post your recommendations below.

I believe that the safest way to apply any spray cleaner is to spray it on a cloth and not spray it directly on the screen.  Any of them are probably safe that way but I wouldn't use one that contains ammonia.

I typically also use the individually wrapped Zeiss alcohol wipes intended for eyeglasses.

Cheers and Regards

Well, you're right.  I guess you use these?

71BzEc-%2BrJL._SX522_.jpg

About the Product
  • TOUGH AND GENTLE: Pre-Moistened lint wipes that provide thorough and gentle cleaning for all kinds of dirt by removing bacteria, germs, fingerprints, dust, oil, and smudges.
  • SAFE AND EFFECTIVE: Does not contain artificial fragrances to safely prevent streaks and bacteria from spreading on eye.
  • STREAK AND SCRATCH-FREE: Non-abrasive, antistatic micro-fine tissue cleaning wipes that leave zero scratches, streaks or marks on eyeglass lenses.
  • Alcohol and ammonia free formula
  • POCKET SIZE, small resealable packages with individually wrapped wipes so you can have them handy everywhere

Whereas I've been using these:

51Rms5sEoaL.jpg

• SAFE AND EFFECTIVE: Pre-Moistened lint wipes that provide thorough cleaning from all kinds of dirt gently by removing bacteria, germs, fingerprints, dust, oil, and smudges.
  • CONVENIENCE: Disposable pre-moistened wipes make it quick and easy to safely clean optics lenses.
  • LENS CLEANER: Does not contain artificial fragrances to safely prevent streaks and bacteria from spreading on eyeglasses and sunglasses.
  • STREAK AND SCRATCH-FREE: Non-abrasive, antistatic micro-fine tissue cleaning wipes that leave zero scratches, streaks or marks on eyeglass lenses.
  • OPTICS WIPES: Wipes designed to clean all lenses like sunglasses and eyeglasses.

Which I'm not sure, but might contain a small amount of alcohol, at least they smell as though they might.  But I've never had any issues using them occasionally.  Ammonia though can de-laminate mirrors so that is a definite no-no.

Anyway, after doing some reading, the general consensus is to just use a water dampened cloth with a very small amount of gentle soap for extreme situations, so your choice of wipes is better than mine.

Cheers and Regards

Yes, I've been useing Carl Zeiss wipes that contained alcohol and those were perfect.

I still have to try the new formula without alcohol, but I doubt that it will be that good. When wipes contain alcohol they dry ultra fast and that is the reason why those don't leave an streaks on the screen. 

Well, after I have tried alcohol free formula of Carl Zeiss wipes I can say that new wipes SUCK!

Those "new formula" wipes are leaving stains and lints (I hope that's the right word) Compared to first one, these really aren't worth the money!

I'll have to find a proper alternative because it seems that alcohol is the key in super fast drying that results in no stains at all.

Edit:

I have found old vipes on ebay :)