sfc failures on install media created by wintoolkit

Chrysalis

anyone else getting this problem?

Whenever I make changes to a install.wim with wintoolkit, even if its just one tweak and nothing else then post install sfc scan fails.

My images do have integrated updates prior to using wintoolkit (tested and sfc passes), but this may be relevant as wintoolkit may have an issue dealing with images pre integrated.

2 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

caused by the allow 3rd party themes tweak, ok thats fine.

And this is not the only issue caused by that tweak: VirtualBox 5.xx does not work; the last version running for me was 4.3.12, before I installed my pc without that tweak.

Have a nice week, Thiersee

• 3 months later...
On 6.5.2016 at 9:43 PM, Chrysalis said:

anyone else getting this problem?

Whenever I make changes to a install.wim with wintoolkit, even if its just one tweak and nothing else then post install sfc scan fails.

My images do have integrated updates prior to using wintoolkit (tested and sfc passes), but this may be relevant as wintoolkit may have an issue dealing with images pre integrated.

Hi,

ive the same problem and really like to find out why.

I integrated the Updatepack "Dr.Windows Update Pack Juli2016" in my Windwos 7. Made a AIO Version and tought it is fine. Updates are integrated, thats great. But after fresh install I run SFC and have corrupted files that could not be repaired.

SOme other guy posted, that this error also comes from the KB3022345 Patch, but I dont know if this this is the only thing casing this error.

3 hours ago, Thiersee said:

Dr.Windows-Update-Pack is based on the Convenience Rollup Pack (KB3125574); because of an error from Microsoft an installation made with this Rollup integrated does NOT pass sfc /scannow.

Regards, Thiersee

Ohh Thx for this information.

You have any advice how to integrate most updates in Win7 x64 so that it works? For me it is important that the install.wim is not bigger than 4GB, as I have to use it on FAT32......but if I integrate all Updates its always bigger than 4GB. And their are so many different Update-packs/downloaders, that Im confused a bit which to use.

greetz revnu

9 hours ago, revnu said:

You have any advice how to integrate most updates in Win7 x64 so that it works? For me it is important that the install.wim is not bigger than 4GB, as I have to use it on FAT32......but if I integrate all Updates its always bigger than 4GB. And their are so many different Update-packs/downloaders, that Im confused a bit which to use.

Use this one: http://www.wincert.net/forum/index.php?/topic/12103-update-list-gdr-pour-windows-7-sp1-x86x64-17-mai-2014/ (classic-method, passes sfc or rollup-method, doesn't pass sfc); anyway the ISO will be bigger than 4GB.

BTW, why do you use it on FAT 32?

Thiersee

14 hours ago, Thiersee said:

Use this one: http://www.wincert.net/forum/index.php?/topic/12103-update-list-gdr-pour-windows-7-sp1-x86x64-17-mai-2014/ (classic-method, passes sfc or rollup-method, doesn't pass sfc); anyway the ISO will be bigger than 4GB.

BTW, why do you use it on FAT 32?

Thiersee

Hi,

I work as IT-Service-Technican and we install Windows 7 many times. We spent a lot of senseless time bye installing the patches all time again & again.

My goal is to make an ISO that contains all Updates. I also like to install Windows 7 in UEFI-Mode, so the start-file-management of Windows is better, and we get better results for people. Unfortunately if you want to install Win7 in UEFI-Mode the USB-Stick has to be FAT32. This limits the install.wim to 4GB. You can split the install wim, but I heared that leads to strange problems with licensing.

So then I integrated the Dr.Windows Update pack it was really good. The install.wim was 3,9 GB. After fresh install he searched 4 Minutes for Updates, and only a few was left......but the SFC-Problem destroyed my plans :(

Now Im searching for a similar method. I really aim for a method that includes all Updates and lets the install.wim <4GB

I think I try to download all Updates that are included in the 400MB update and try it again.

Also I had problems integrating IE11, but thats a seconds problem.

greetz revnu

Edited by revnu

9 hours ago, revnu said:

So then I integrated the Dr.Windows Update pack it was really good. The install.wim was 3,9 GB. After fresh install he searched 4 Minutes for Updates, and only a few was left......but the SFC-Problem destroyed my plans :(

I think I try to download all Updates that are included in the 400MB update and try it again.

The reason for not passing sfc is KB3125574 and Dr.Windows Update Pack contains KB3125574!

Try the methode I gave you the link for: you can use Convenience Rollup, not passing sfc does not harm the system.

My install wim after the patch-day of august is 3740 KB, but I deleted the possibility to install HomeBasic and Ultimate (I don't need them, it would be =~ 200 MB more); excluded are a couple of patches that are not integrable offline; the installation satisfy WU; no issues with IE11.

And last but not least: either you have an install.wim with all the patches integrated or you get the install.wim also on a FAT32-stick.

Thiersee

Edited by Thiersee

7 hours ago, Thiersee said:

The reason for not passing sfc is KB3125574 and Dr.Windows Update Pack contains KB3125574!

Try the methode I gave you the link for: you can use Convenience Rollup, not passing sfc does not harm the system.

My install wim after the patch-day of august is 3740 KB, but I deleted the possibility to install HomeBasic and Ultimate (I don't need them, it would be =~ 200 MB more); excluded are a couple of patches that are not integrable offline; the installation satisfy WU; no issues with IE11.

And last but not least: either you have an install.wim with all the patches integrated or you get the install.wim also on a FAT32-stick.

Thiersee

OK,

but if I download the " UL x64 26/08/2016 " I cant 100% tell what from the list I should include. I checked the german IE11, IE11 Updates, Windows 10 integration/telemetry.

should I then just check "classic integration Updates" & "common Convenience Rollup and Classic integration Updates" ? And then I have all Updates I need for my home+pro version? Also you could check the KB3125574 in that Downloadlist, but I think "common Conveniece Rollup" is that big Updatepack in single patches and I wont have SFC-Problems after install right?

THX 4  help

revnu

OK, to make communication easier I attached what updates I donwloaded.

Could you plz tell me if thats all I need to have my German Up-to-date-Version of my Windows 7 (Im going to include only home+professional, so I think I wont have problems with install.wim >4GB)

Also I would be really happy if someone could tell me which updates I should move to prerequisites and how I can integrade the internet Explorer11, that never worked for me. Also Im unsure if I really should move all updates to silent installers if wintoolkit tells me so.

greetz revnu

EDIT: SRY I did not see it, but it is described on that site what updates to load. Im now going to integrade, but im still unsure how to integrate IE11 and if there is anything I should change in wintoolkit (prerequisites, etc)

temp.png

Edited by revnu

11 minutes ago, revnu said:

EDIT: SRY I did not see it, but it is described on that site what updates to load. Im now going to integrade, but im still unsure how to integrate IE11 and if there is anything I should change in wintoolkit (prerequisites, etc)

No problem!

What you selected is correct, but

1) I don't select Win10 (Win7 forever :D)

2) I use the Convenience Rollup Pack and not the Classic.

Prerequisite: I set KB3020369 and KB2670838

IE11: First the IE11 itself in the sequence and then the update

How do you integrate the updates only for HP & Prof?

Schöne Grüße aus Tirol, Thiersee

28 minutes ago, revnu said:

but I think "common Conveniece Rollup" is that big Updatepack in single patches

This is not correct, it is not the same: both satisfy WU, but the integration/installation-time is shorter, if you use the Convenience Rollup (and accept the sfc error).

20 minutes ago, Thiersee said:

This is not correct, it is not the same: both satisfy WU, but the integration/installation-time is shorter, if you use the Convenience Rollup (and accept the sfc error).

Grüße aus Kassel ;)

I cant use the convenience Rollup, as Im working as IT-Technican, and I cant install a Windows 7 that gives SFC-errors from begin, even if the errors are some kind of missinterpretation/hashmissmatch,etc.

I just added all Updates in wintoolkit. It moved 4 to silent installers (KB2533552, KB2603229, KB3020369, KB3046269). 2 Updates it moved to prerequistes (KB2574819, KB2857650).

one update is moved to "internet Explrer" (KB3175443, 52MB)

The IE11 install file itself (IE11-Windows6.1-x64-de-de.exe) is not in list, do I have to add this in some other kind of way? And do you know if all updates are in correct lists now?

greetz revnu

PS: I can write you the tutorial I have to integrate all updates to all versions

EDIT: Then I was looking to whom I have to give credits for the tutorial how to integrade all updates in all version I find out THAT IT WAS YOU THIERSEE!!! :-)

I use what you wrote here, and it worked for me

Edited by revnu

3 minutes ago, revnu said:

The IE11 install file itself (IE11-Windows6.1-x64-de-de.exe) is not in list, do I have to add this in some other kind of way? And do you know if all updates are in correct lists now?

What did you download under "Deutsche Installationsdateien" ?

4 minutes ago, revnu said:

PS: I can write you the tutorial I have to integrate all updates to all versions

Thanks, I have my own :):

http://www.wincert.net/forum/index.php?/topic/13036-making-an-aio-and-integrating-all-updates-possible/ (post #6)

8 minutes ago, revnu said:

And do you know if all updates are in correct lists now?

If you did not change the name of the downloaded files the sequence is OK.

5 minutes ago, Thiersee said:

If you did not change the name of the downloaded files the sequence is OK.

I did not change the names, but I sorted the list bye name afterwards, so the updates are sorted from numbers, I hope thats no problem...

Edited by revnu

13 minutes ago, Thiersee said:

What did you download under "Deutsche Installationsdateien" ?

I only have IE11-Windows6.1-x64-de-de, the others I unchecked, as the WindowsXPMode_de-de.exe is 400mb and I thought that I dont need the others. But I can get them all in list if I have to, because I think I have enough space not because I kicked homebasic & ultimate

EDIT: I tried it. this update gave me an unknown error "4-Windows6.1-KB3172605-x64.msu"

Edited by revnu

10 minutes ago, revnu said:

I only have IE11-Windows6.1-x64-de-de, the others I unchecked, as the WindowsXPMode_de-de.exe is 400mb and I thought that I dont need the others. But I can get them all in list if I have to, because I think I have enough space not because I kicked homebasic & ultimate

EDIT: I tried it. this update gave me an unknown error "4-Windows6.1-KB3172605-x64.msu"

If you load the updates in Wintoolkit you must change the choice from .msu to .exe!

36 minutes ago, Thiersee said:

If you load the updates in Wintoolkit you must change the choice from .msu to .exe!

Ahh THX for the tipp. I now integrated all, also the updated that failed I installed again on the already integrated project and now it worked.

I did not test it yet, but again I have the problem, that the install.wim is now 4,14 GB :-(

Do you have any tipps how I can get rid of the 140MB? If their is no way Im going to dont integrade IE11, because then its 3,9GB

43 minutes ago, Thiersee said:

Even with 3,9 GB could be you don't get it copied.

I had that already. Ma old build had 3,9GB had all updates, but no IE11 and worked fine,.....but sfc failed.

I deleted all local packs and games now. Will see if thats enough. If nothing helps I think I integrade alle updates but let IE11 out, because then its fat32.ready.

IE11 I have to install afterwards. Anyway it is much improvement then it comes to installtime. Still looking for a method to make a home+prof-version with all updates+IE11 in it.