If I remove ei.cfg afterwards do I have an AIO-Version with Updated included?

revnu

Hello,

I try to make a Windows 7 x64 Version with all updates included. Then I first tried it, I made it with a version where I removed the ei.cfg out of "sources", so I can select which version to install.

I then selected all versions in WinToolkit an realised, that it took much longer.

Then I was unsure what exactly happens, because of that I made it again with a ei.cfg (Windows 7 Pro) included. So I only had one version selected. At the end I had a version with all updetes included.

My question is, if I now remove the ei.cfg after including updates if I have a version there the updates are included for every version, or only for Windows 7 Pro ?

greetz revnu

Edited by revnu

baah, one problem chasing the other problem.

The finished install.wim is 3,7 GB. Now I cant use it with UEFI-Boot, as the USB-Stick must have fat32 in order to make that work. Anybody has a solution for that? I know there is a method to split the install.wim, but only in fragments not bigger than 600mb. Also Im not expirienced in that. Would be nice if someone could help me making an AIO-Version with all Updates and an install.wim, that is divided in 2 parts.

THX for any help

greetz revnu

2 hours ago, NIM said:

you have posted in the wrong forum

Hi,

Thx 4 the answer. I thought it is the right forum. Could you plz move me to the right section and/or help me with my request ?

I like to understand if it makes a difference if I only select Windows Professional in Wintoolkit, before integrating updates and afterwards remove ei.cfg, so I have a all-in-one-version with all updates. AFAIK it should work, as only the install.wim is modified, and its global. But Im not 100% sure, as I dont know if some special files are modified, so it will only work for Professional version.

The Question how to split the install.wim, so it works on fat32 I will investigate on other forums if nobody can give me a tip.

greetz revnu

If you remove the ei.cfg afterwards, you can work only on the version you have got the ISO for.

If you remove the ei.cfg before you integrate updates, you integrate them in the version you choose; I never tried to integrate in all the versions available (and it would take very long!).

If you want to integrate in all the version, follow this how to.

BTW, my ISO with HP& Prof integrated is anyway bigger than 4 GB

Regards, Thiersee