[AddOn] Media Center 2005 (English) January 24 2012

ricktendo

deskqa6.jpg tanksmalliw8.jpg

ehomeor4.pngWindows XP Media Center 2005 (English)

Info: This is a true addon that fully converts Windows XP Profesional into Windows Media Center Edition 2005 along with Update Rollup 2, KB887410, KB925766, KB956148, KB973768, KB2502898, KB2619340 and KB2628259 updates.

Also includes "Plus" programs a.k.a. Windows Digital Media Enhancements (some removable thru Add/Rem Windows Components):

- Windows Dancer

- Windows CD Label Maker

- Windows Audio Converter

- Windows Party Mode

- Themes and Screen Savers (Aquarium, Space, Da Vinci, Nature, My Pictures Premium)

Others:

- Royale Theme (Energy Blue)

- Media Center Edition skin for WMP

Requires .NET Framework 1.1 sp1 and WMP10/11

ehomeor4.pngJanuary 24, 2012

http://adf.ly/1713566/mce05en

MD5: 2f454b95fdc805cc6c618705616238c1

Size: 165 MB

Integrate at the same time/with a updatepack

ehomeor4.pngJanuary 24, 2011 RVMI compatible

http://adf.ly/1713566/mce05rvmien

MD5: 2aa62b20bc5779daa765e49789e2cca9

Size: 165 MB

You can dissable unwanted components using WINNT.SIF, all you need to do is add wich ever one of these components you want turned off by default to the [components] section of your WINNT.SIF

[Components]
PlusSS=Off ; Screen Savers (turns off all)
PlusGold=Off ; Aquarium (screensaver)
PlusSpac=Off ; Space (screensaver)
PlusDavn=Off ; Da Vinci (screensaver)
PlusNatr=Off ; Nature (screensaver)
PlusMpix=Off ; My Pictures Premium (screensaver)
PlusDancer=Off ; Windows Dancer
PlusParty=Off ; Windows Party Mode
PlusAudio=Off ; Windows Audio Converter
PlusCDLM=Off ; Windows CD Label Maker
PlusTheme=Off ; Themes (turns off all exept Energy Blue)
WinPlus=Off ; Windows Digital Media Enhancements (just use this if you want to dissable ALL the above)

More Info:

aboutjp6.jpg
SUMMARY

Away mode is a new feature that introduces a power management mode of operation in Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005.

If Away mode is enabled, the computer enters Away mode instead of standby. The computer enters Away mode when you press the Power button on the remote control. This behavior also occurs when you press SLEEP on the keyboard. After the computer enters Away mode, the computer appears to be turned off. However, the computer is still running. For example, it can still perform functions such as record TV shows or serve Windows Media Extender sessions.

When your computer enters Away mode, the following actions occur:

• The display is turned off.

• The audio is muted.

• Input devices such as keyboards, mouse devices, and the remote control are filtered to make sure that errant keystrokes are not processed.

• Media playback is stopped, except for live TV.

• The CPU may enter a lower power performance state. This condition occurs if a lower power performance state is supported by the hardware.

• The graphics processor may enter a lower power performance state. This condition occurs if a lower power performance state is supported by the computer's graphics hardware and drivers.

MORE INFORMATION

To view Away mode options, click the Away tab in Power Options in Control Panel. If there is no Away tab here, the computer does not support Away mode.

The following settings are available on the Away tab:

• Enable Away mode

When you click to select the Enable Away mode check box, Away mode is enabled. After you enable Away mode, the settings for the Sleep button on the Advanced tab of Power Options are unavailable. When you click to clear the Enable Away mode check box, Away mode is disabled, and the settings for the Sleep button are restored.

• Return the computer from Away mode on mouse or keyboard activity

When you click to select the Return the computer from Away mode on mouse or keyboard activity check box, any keyboard, mouse or remote control activity returns the computer from Away mode. When you click to clear this check box, the computer returns from Away mode only when you press the Power button on the remote control, or SLEEP on the keyboard.

• Prompt for password when the computer returns from Away mode

When you click to select the Prompt for password when the computer returns from Away mode check box, you are prompted to log on to the computer when you return from Away mode.

Note Away mode is not installed as part of Update Rollup 2 for Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005. Away mode is available only if the following conditions are true:

• The Away mode component was preinstalled by an Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) or system builder.

• The Away mode component was preinstalled on a new Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005-based computer that supports Away mode technology.

You can add or remove any unwanted programs thru Add or Remove Windows Components

addremkr5.jpg

wdigienhwh6.jpg

scrspj8.jpg

So does the media center play vids, no updates are prompted for?

I think I will try to make it compatible with the integrator then call it final

BTW if you guys go to add remove windows components you can add/remove any "Digital Media Enhancements" you may or may not want

Thanks for the input guys, updated addon to FINAL

Updated a few files, compared the ehome dir's of XP with my addon and XP MCE (original with updates) using Beyond Compare and they are pretty much right on

Sorry, tried to make it compatible with the integrator but couldn't

what is different with this final version then the old one ? can i convert it again cuz i intergrate the old one can i add the new one ? on my xp disk with Your MCE 2005 (OLD)

Here is whats different

Thanks for the input guys, updated addon to FINAL

Updated a few files, compared the ehome dir's of XP with my addon and XP MCE (original with updates) using Beyond Compare and they are pretty much right on

Sorry, tried to make it compatible with the integrator but couldn't

BTW updated again:

- Added Dancer does not start when music plays update (but dancer still cannot detect sound :()

- Fixed typo in Font registration

- You can now set the Aquarium, Da Vinci, Nature and Space cursor shemes via CPL even if you don't use the Plus themes (will work on sounds next)

- General INF maintenance