XPtsp GUI v3.0.0.26 - February 27, 2012

dougiefresh

46 members have voted

1. 1. What language OS do you use XPtsp on?

• English
    • non-English
    • Both English and non-English

This poll is closed to new votes

i uncheck msc and program section and patch current pc and patching has been completed

then restart pc when right click on My Computer >Manage

get this error

Edited by mona

What's Changed in v1.4.5.5:

- Blocked bootscreen color selection if user doesn't want it patched.

- Blocked Task Manager color selection if user doesn't want it patched.

- Blocked Page 5 from showing if no options are available to set.

- Modified code so that Live Install and Integration both use DrvSpace.exe.

- Enabled Royale visual theme restoration upon uninstall.

- Streamlined JPG to BMP conversion function.

- Removed the dependancy on the need for an external XPtsp.ini file.

- Removed MSC files from Component Selection to remove crash situation after patching.

- Information is now held in Current.ini instead of Patched.ini, going to use a similar format.

- MD5 hashes are stored in MD5.ini for future use.

- Added Page 9 to handle running the GUI on a system that is already patched.

- Currently Page 9 supports only removal of XPtsp. Future plans is for repatching files whose resources have changed.

- Languages folder is copied to the installation folder.

IMPORTANT!! The current version will not allow you to install a new version without uninstalling the currently installed version. I plan to make it so that it will update resources that have been modified, however, it make take a while for the code to be developed.

Note: Mona has found a bunch of issues with the GUI. So it is my hope that I'll be able to eliminate each of the problems that were found tomorrow. Thanks for all the bug reports, Mona! (No sarcasm intended!)

Mona: I've updated the XPtsp.7z archive in first post with the new script.

EDIT: I think I've solved some of the problems. I'll work on the rest today. (It's 4:30am here)

dougie i forgot to tell you that i have changed the theme files so the cursors dont point to the right place in the gui.(btw i checked the luna.theme and it seems to be intact from the original.)

also there is atleast 1 file that dosent get patched in a live patching;

shell32.dll

as it is probably in use byt he system,the way i see it you ahve 2 choices:

1-kill explorer then patch/copy back

2-do a recopy at runonceexe on next boot.

also one last thing,the oem info generation is not getting done correctly, here is a sample from the oeminfo.ini file:

[OEM_Support( Information]
LineOS: Windows XP SP3 version 5.1 build 2600.xpsp_sp3_qfe.090121-1326=OS: Windows XP SP3 version 5.1 build 2600.xpsp_sp3_qfe.090121-1326
Line=Installed Components and Updates (1):
LineInstallation (updation) date and time: 03/03/2009 8:58:24 PM=Installation (updation) date and time: 03/03/2009 8:58:24 PM
LineInstalled Components and Updates:=Installed Components and Updates:

as you can see some lines are merged or are missing "=".

I'll check them again.... It will be this afternoon (it's 4:30am here).

Regarding oeminfo.ini, there are some glaring problems that need fixed, and not just the ones you've mentioned to me. I need to rewrite that function....

Regarding shell32.dll, it gets replaced during a live install on a VM during my testing. And personally, I'd rather not kill Explorer.....

Regarding the cursors, I thought I fixed that.....

Thanks for the information, Bober.

I've got several problems that I need to solve before I can release the next version. In order to solve the problem of files not getting properly replaced, I'm going to have to rewrite the patching code. I wanted to put this off until much later, when I've got a good portion of the rest of the code done. But, chances are that the changes that need to be made will make the patching process go faster.

I'm running a live patch on my system right now. Hopefully, it will be patched correctly..... I'll report back once the script is finished.....

EDIT: Patching on my 2.4GHz quad-core with 4GB RAM took 449 seconds (about 6 8 minutes). I noticed that there weren't as many SFC prompts as there were in the VM.... Rebooting my live machine now.

EDIT2: Some files apparently got patched. Others apparently didn't. So, I'm going to have to rewrite code this weekend..... What fun I'll have! (NOT!)

I've tried several mods to the code to get the script to patch a live system correctly. One method completely failed, and others produced the same results as the released version...... I've got a few things to try, but I'm running out of ideas....

EDIT: I've just lost a bunch of work I did due to a system screwup.... I've retrieved the released code and am reuploading it to the servers. It will take a little while, but the links will be current (again). Man, I can't say how happy I am that I had made an archive of the changes between versions..... at least I didn't lose v1.4.5.5 as well!

I installed the latest version today and everything was cool until I uninstalled it and rebooted the pc only to be greeted with a missing ntoskrnl error that left me reinstalling windows. :angry:

Anyone else have this or was it an isolated problem?

I was hoping to do more spinning dougiefresh. But my hash for XPtsp_v1.4.5.5_GUI.exe is 3d535aa1b313f835350068627dd79809 :sweatingbullets: and according to first post they don't match,nevertheless I proceed and after I finished patching I experienced problems mention bellow.

I did not use this tool for a while and I see you made some major changes with this patcher. I hope you fix that script so it would work as it should :)

I installed the latest version today and everything was cool until I uninstalled it and rebooted the pc only to be greeted with a missing ntoskrnl error that left me reinstalling windows. :angry:

Anyone else have this or was it an isolated problem?

Almost the same...although I run it on 64 bit win 7,I had blue screen after I logon to win. Luckily I did not end up reinstalling my OS ^_^ :thumbsup_anim:

feared: :o Wow..... That is sooo not good! I'm sorry for the script causing you trouble. I don't know what else to say....

Gorki: The GUI was not designed to patch a Live System under Windows 7. It is designed to patch Windows XP.....

You are correct about the MD5. GUI v1.4.55 is supposed to be 3d535aa1b313f835350068627dd79809. I'll fix the first post right now.

Everybody: I've gotten several reports that live machines perform the task differently than virtual machines. I've personally verified that the script patches things differently, despite the fact that the code doesn't change (or can tell if it is running in a VM).... I don't know why this happens! It's been driving me insane the last few days.....

So due to this situation, I will not be releasing any new versions of the GUI until I can resolve this situation to my satisfaction. I just thought I'd let everybody know why no new versions will be coming out for a while..... (although I'm praying that I can resolve this situation quickly!)

Gorki: The GUI was not designed to patch a Live System under Windows 7. It is designed to patch Windows XP.....

You are correct about the MD5. GUI v1.4.55 is supposed to be 3d535aa1b313f835350068627dd79809. I'll fix the first post right now.

That was not my intend in the first place. I was trying to patch XP source folder (CD) but I was unabel to navigate to it so I copy patcher directly into root folder and proceed with patching so no Live system patching was done,nevertheless I had "feeling" like I did it on Live sistem (since reboot option was ticked at the end of process)...strange but after reboot I had problems mentioned before.

I hope this clears any misunderstanding between us. :) No hard feelings...

Oh, I thought you tried to do a Live Install on Windows 7. My bad. Then how did you experience a missing kernel? I'm confused.... Oh, hold on. You experienced a blue screen after reboot. Wonder why? Any bluescreens after your initial bluescreen?

Any bluescreens after your initial bluescreen?

Nothing after that first initial one... I did not try running patcher for second time.

Thanks for looking into problem...and doing your best. I'll wait for new version and give it another spin. :)

feared: :o Wow..... That is sooo not good! I'm sorry for the script causing you trouble. I don't know what else to say....

No worries dougie, please keep up the hard work on this as I think once you get the kinks all out it's gonna be an awesome program. Besides, my pc was due for a clean install..it's been at least a month now. lol

I'll be there to test your next release.... with a full hard drive image backed up prior of course. :)

Good Luck!

STATUS UPDATE: I finally figured out that I was missing a registry entry which allows SFC protected files to be replaced. Right now, the last test I did was successful, but Explorer was killed before file replacement began. I've got a few file locations to correct before the next test. I am going to test (again) without killing Explorer.... hopefully that'll work! Then I'll fix the uninstaller.... and I'll be ready for another release!

feared: A hard drive image is always a good thing to have....