[Addon] Bashrat Drivers Background Displayer V2.5

Hi all

i finally released my own addon that should be working

i tried to make it using entries only but failed so i`m back in using inf until i make it work right

what this addon do

this one show a background while Bashrat's driver packs are unpacking

this addon is based on Nightwolf81 work in here

picture of the screen of setup

instdvrge2.png

Download

MD5 : 8560803C3E7B7C12489DBA69F94ECF44

size:10kb

need feedback

Note:

This addon Features

1-Fixed The themes background not applied problem

2-The install Driver picture is removed before windows starts

3-The Inf file is removed too so no need to clean things after this addon

4-This addon doesn't require The vista Orb addon every one of them works separately

ChangeLog

17-11-2008

Fixed Entries in some problems

12-11-2008

Fixed a typo

Removed some unneeded commands

Edited by DaRk MaDnEsS

thanks ... I will give it a try ... but I kinda think this will apply the image to 1st Desktop view.

I am trying to get a background image to show during DriverPack installation; but I want my own Desktop Wallpaper to apply on 1st Desktop view......(not the DriverPack background)

I tried an earlier addon that worked fine for DriverPack installation ... but applied postage size wallpaper of same image on Desktop .... my Wallpaper that I was applying with default theme

got kicked off ....lol.

I have had a look at the inf/ini files in this addon and it looks very similar to the one I tried before... but I will give it a go the next time I run a new slipstream.

many thanks ;)

thanks ... I will give it a try ... but I kinda think this will apply the image to 1st Desktop view.

I am trying to get a background image to show during DriverPack installation; but I want my own Desktop Wallpaper to apply on 1st Desktop view......(not the DriverPack background)

I tried an earlier addon that worked fine for DriverPack installation ... but applied postage size wallpaper of same image on Desktop .... my Wallpaper that I was applying with default theme

got kicked off ....lol.

I have had a look at the inf/ini files in this addon and it looks very similar to the one I tried before... but I will give it a go the next time I run a new slipstream.

many thanks ;)

i know the problem

i fixed the same problem in my own Vista Start up Orb here and it should be working as well

in here

just give it a try and tell me i tried and it worked

but need more tests

Edited by DaRk MaDnEsS

well looks like I'm the 1st tester and I'm sure glad I did.

AWESOME!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim:

must admit when I looked at the ini/inf files, I thought hmmm dunno .....but works perfect

1st picture is Driver Pack Display Picture (I used my own)

2nd picture is first Desktop View from install with my own Wallpaper as background

n2jwhl.jpg

k12mmt.jpg

Thankyou so much ... fabulous work :prop:

well looks like I'm the 1st tester and I'm sure glad I did.

AWESOME!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim:

must admit when I looked at the ini/inf files, I thought hmmm dunno .....but works perfect

1st picture is Driver Pack Display Picture (I used my own)

2nd picture is first Desktop View from install with my own Wallpaper as background

n2jwhl.jpg

k12mmt.jpg

Thankyou so much ... fabulous work :prop:

well the fix i added is simple just to make it do the job then remove it

right now i released v.2 i just removed some unneeded commands

but i`m testing them right now

it should work as well

and thx for the test and glad it worked

edit 1: hmm some problems happended when i used v 2 i`m fixing it now so every one wait for now

Edit2: Fixed A little Type in commands and v2.1 is back to work

plz Re Download

Edited by DaRk MaDnEsS

Guest DennyMK

Thanks Dark Madness. Concidering that I'm still a newbie with XP costumising, it was annoying for me to see that light blue background during the installation. WolfCall is the greatest addon maker I know and he said your addon works fine. So common testers (me included), let's give this addon a try. :)

Thanks Dark Madness. Concidering that I'm still a newbie with XP costumising, it was annoying for me to see that light blue background during the installation. WolfCall is the greatest addon maker I know and he said your addon works fine. So common testers (me included), let's give this addon a try. :)

well in first place he didn't believe it might work

:icon_cool: but i guess he was happy to see it actually working

you can try it live or in virtual it should be working

and thx for answer

The addon works excellent (I changed the background only). Thanks again. ;)

glad to hear this confirmation

seems the addon doesn't have any problem with any one ...

i guess no need for need tester word any more thx every one for your feedback i`m glad you liked the addon

One thing I found with this addon during beta testing the RVMI, is that you use [editfile] to modify hivedef.inf when you should be using either [extrafileedits] or a combination of [keydelete] prior to [editfile]. The reason is because all three of your regedit entries are duplicated in hivedef.inf, they're just added to the end instead of replacing the existing lines. It shouldn't cause any problems, because the file is parsed in order (ie. change A to B, now change to C.)

Not a bug, but could be cleaner. :)

One thing I found with this addon during beta testing the RVMI, is that you use [editfile] to modify hivedef.inf when you should be using either [extrafileedits] or a combination of [keydelete] prior to [editfile]. The reason is because all three of your regedit entries are duplicated in hivedef.inf, they're just added to the end instead of replacing the existing lines. It shouldn't cause any problems, because the file is parsed in order (ie. change A to B, now change to C.)

Not a bug, but could be cleaner. :)

well the problem that made me use [editfile] that in some of my windows cd i didn't find those registry

so it didn't replace them but yesterday i was reading more about entries and there should be some tests today (after i finish today`s exam)

and thx for the info Mr_Smartepants

• 2 months later...
well the problem that made me use [editfile] that in some of my windows cd i didn't find those registry

so it didn't replace them but yesterday i was reading more about entries and there should be some tests today (after i finish today`s exam)

and thx for the info Mr_Smartepants

I have tried your addon for the driverpacks background and I have a question. You know that a person gets that same blue screen when DriverPacks Finisher is running just before it loads the chosen default desktop theme, is it possible to incorporate a background picture to replace that screen. I have given it some thought and toyed with the idea that a registry tweak might do the trick, however I think it may take more than that. Any ideas?

Edited by EagleWing

You know that a person gets that same blue screen when DriverPacks Finisher is running just before it loads the chosen default desktop theme, is it possible to incorporate a background picture to replace that screen.

What you want, you can download from here.

http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3480