KB2685811 and KB2685813

McRip

Hello guys

It is highly recommended to install KB2685811 and KB2685813 in ldr/qfe mode when using a silent switch in WinToolkit.

Also when you directly integrate the updates, so do it in ldr/qfe mode only.

There seem to be several problems when you install those updates installing in gdr mode and it won't integrate correctly using gdr mode only.

Maybe lego can integrate a silent switch in WinToolkit which installs those updates in ldr/qfe mode only and/or automatically.

Thanks for your attention.

I simply mount my image to a folder named C:\mount

dism /Mount-Wim /WimFile:\Se7en\sources\install.wim /index:1 /MountDir:C:\mount

Then I run KUC with this command line

"KUC UpdateChecker.exe" /DVD-Image-dir:C:\mount

Then you use it like you would on a regular online scan (you can also specify your repository and updates folder using the command line, see FAQ)

This one isn't so urgent. Please wait a couple of days Lego as currently both komm and McRip are considering removing these updates from the main folder, and I'm still investigating if they're the cause for some weird explorer issues. So on wendsday I'll be back with hopefully a conclusion, based, of course, on my experience on a particular hardware configuration.

Ok, after some further testing I can say for sure that at least on one hardware configuration KB2685811 and KB2685813, if installed in GDR / LDR live system, or integrated in GDR / LDR mode, generates explorer issues. So, since McRip hasn't yet decided to move these updates to an Additional folder or not, and they are still in the main folder, please include a warning when these updates are beeing integrated (AIO) or installed (Update Installer Tool) via Win Toolkit.

This warning should be ideally smth like: ''This update can generate explorer issues if integrated / installed. Press YES to remove it or NO to keep it and install it via LDR mode.''

I really don't know if such an approach is very hard to implement or not, probably it would be simpler just to remove it with a warning, since it's NOT an important windows update. However, komm has a similar warning in his KUC app, and also McRip says that in some cases LDR mode is suffice to remove those issues.

So the final implementation is up to you, Lego. :)

Nope, for me these issues are also happening with LDR mode. Also, installing only 2 updates in LDR mode, and the rest in GDR mode (right now 300+ updates)... is it doable? Or if these two updates are installed in LDR mode than all 300+ updates are installed in LDR mode?

Also, regarding hotfixes, please take a look at my last post in the tweaks thread. Two hotfixes currently in McRip's folder NEED a companion tweak, and also there are two hotfixes that are just tweaks. So please make that new category in AIO tweaks section, and also hope you can make those two needed tweaks to be auto-selected if the complementary hotfixes (KB2727118 and KB2732072) are added in AIO.

those 2 updates will always install in LDR mode, all of the other updates install depending if the LDR option is enabled or not.

The reason i haven't any tweaks for a while is because users can now import their own. Eventually i will add more but they're more important things to do. :)

Well, both things I'm going to say now are related to users that download your app but don't read all the threads here, so having warnings / hotfix tweaks in your app that are automatically selected when some hotfixes are added in AIO would help them alot. Hope you'll see I'm not asking this for me.

However, for anyone who reads this post, I have two warnings:

1. KB2685811 and KB2685813 may generate issues even if installed in LDR mode. I'm strongly recommending NOT to install them, as they're not important updates;

2. KB2727118 and KB2732072 need two companion tweaks if integrated. So be sure to also add those two tweaks from here in AIO. Automatically added when those hotfixes are present.

LE: KB2727118 will need a different tweak if installed on a live system - the one below:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal Server]
"LsmServiceStartTimeout"=dword:41ffffff

Edited by Legolash2o

Rica... I don't want to cross post so please see my other question about CurrentControlSet and ControlSet001 with offline integrations:

LE: KB2727118 will need a different tweak if installed on a live system

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal Server]
"LsmServiceStartTimeout"=dword:41ffffff

Not sure if this on topic or off so if it's off...sorry. ricktendo64, a few post up you guys are talking about KUC and I have just found this tool in the last week and I am using KUC on an offline image and I never get a remove_old.cmd? I am not suppose to on offline stuff? and I sent you a personal message about the LDR option?

Sorry, but computer troubles

KUC will create a remove_old.cmd with the correct cmd line for offline removal (if you run KUC in offline mode)

What about LDR did you want to know?

I am using the KUC in offline mode but never get a remove_old.cmd...get update.cmd and update_Normal.cmd but never remove.cmd. Not sure if there is a check that I am not checking to make that happen. Should me I be using the LDR feature? I have never to my knowlege installed an update in LDR mode.

This is what I use to start KUC

"KUC UpdateChecker.exe" /DVD-image-dir:c:\offline /up-dir:c:\wu /repo-dir:c:\wu\repo