[SOLVED] Confirming Tasks Were Scheduled to be Installed by WPI

I'm using the batch file at the end of this post in WPI to install tasks to Windows 8 task scheduler. In Windows 7 I could confirm the install worked by making WPI query the Windows 7 task scheduler folder. But Windows 8 no longer stores the tasks in a hidden folder. In addition, the command line "SCHTASKS /Query",  which is suppose to display all scheduled tasks, does not display the one's I've imported, even after they are run by the PC. Anybody got a workaround so I can reliably use the WPI dependency function?

@echo offCOLOR 1aECHO.echo Importing Tasks for Windows Tash SchedulerC:\Windows\System32\timeout.exe /T 2 /NOBREAKCLSCOLOR 1aecho.echo DATA SYNC NETWORK *****************C:\Windows\System32\schtasks.exe /create /TN "DATASYNC NETWORK" /XML "F:\WPI\Install\Task\SM\DATASYNC NET.xml"C:\Windows\System32\timeout.exe /T 2 echo SCAN Malware *****************C:\Windows\System32\schtasks.exe /create /TN "SCAN Malware" /XML "F:\WPI\Install\Task\SMG\SCAN MALWARE.xml"C:\Windows\System32\timeout.exe /T 2 echo SAVE INCREMENTAL IMAGE TO NETWORK *****************C:\Windows\System32\schtasks.exe /create /TN "IFW LOCAL SGA" /XML "F:\WPI\Install\Task\SMG\IFW INCREMENT.xml"C:\Windows\System32\timeout.exe /T 2 echo BACKUP REGISTRY *****************C:\Windows\System32\schtasks.exe /create /TN "REG BACKUP" /XML "F:\WPI\Install\Task\SMG\REGBACK.xml"C:\Windows\System32\timeout.exe /T 2 echo.cls
Edited by BYTE-ME

Instead of using XML cant you go 100% CMD?

I set a task to shutdown my PC if I fall asleep and leave it on (but I use autounattend.xml,) this is the code I use

schtasks /create /sc DAILY /tn "Power Off" /tr "shutdown /s /t 60 /c \"Your PC will shutdown in aproximately 1 minute.\"" /st 03:00 /f

@Kelsenellenelvian. Those .xml files don't really show up anywhere in the system directory. They are obviously added somewhere but I can't determine where.

@ricktendo. I'm trying to add several individual pre-configured tasks after a clean install, without a reboot, and test that they were successfully copied. I just can't find the flag, whether .dat file, registry change or .xml file, that indicates the tasks were copied successfully. But thanks guys, I'll keep at it.

There's a cryptic file in %appdata%\Roaming\Microsoft\MMC\   called "taskschd" with no extension that appears to track new tasks. But I don't think it changes unless Task Scheduler actually runs.

In addition, the batch file itself indicates success after each xml file copy. I just need a way to automatically transfer that success flag to WPI so I can grey out the check box and know that the task was done.

Edited by BYTE-ME

• 2 weeks later...

Found it!

New tasks are entered into the registry under the "TaskCache\Tree". (Then look for the name of the key of one of the tasks you imported)

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Schedule\TaskCache\Tree\
Edited by BYTE-ME