Ok. New attempt: Intel USB 3.0 Driver integration in Win 7

Legolas

Hi to all.

I have a Problem with my Laptop:

I try to integrate my Intel USB 3.0 extensible Host Controller Driver with dism into my Boot.Wim

I integrate the Controller Driver  iusb3xhci.inf and the Hub Driver iusb3Hub.inf into Boot.wim index1 and index 2.

Then i copy the files to my USB 2.0 Stick and tried to install on USB 3.0 Port. 

(If i installed on USB 2.0 all is ok but that isn´t a surprise - no need for USB 3 Drivers ^^)

The Board supports USB 3.0 boot. Thats all ok but than the Setup starts and  i become the Message that Win 7 needs Driver for CD/DVD

It seems that Setup installs the iusb3xhci (the contoller driver ) but not the iusb3hub (Hub driver)  because i can search for it on my Drive C:\  (have separate partition for testing) and if i take the Hub Driver than the installation goes on.

I think i have a special constellation on my Laptop:

My opinion is the Board have only an USB 3.0 Chip that controlls the USB 3.0 Ports and the USB 2.0 Ports, or can anyone explain what is going on here ?  :g:

So what can i do, to force the setup take the 2 Drivers and not only the Contoller Driver (Because it seems that the HUB Driver  isnt in the RAM because the system "see" the Hub only if the controller is installed.

I need a methode to force the setup to take both files into RAM to install both drivers. :albert:

Or did i have an other Problem that i cant "see" ?

P.S sorry for my bad english and if anyone find Misspelling can keep them ^^

I need a methode to force the setup to take both files into RAM to install both drivers. :albert:

Or did i have an other Problem that i cant "see" ?

1) Try to extract (backup) the drivers from a running system, for example with DriveMagician or DriveFusion and integrate what you have extracted;

this did help in the past for some USB 3.0 chips (not native): on my board is the Renesas (NEC).

2) The name of the problem is Windows!

It seems not to be able to install from a USB3 source, even if the driver are integrated.

On my test-system with native USB3 the USB3.0-driversget both installed,hub and host,

but Windows-setup can't read the autounattend.xml; with the same media on USB 2.0 no issue.

Thiersee

Ok i found the Problem (After 6 Weeks and hundrets of Posts and many Tests :doh: )

I have the Pre Boot Driver of AHCI in the BIOS disabled and now tataaaaaaa installation is going on  without a Message :dancing:

But why ? Can anyone explain please  ?

Edit:

Ok i found something by myself (it seems that if i integrate the Driver in Boot.wim the BIOS will take and so the installation of Driver of the OS will break )

xHCI Pre-Boot Driver
Enabled The USB 3.0 ports are routed to the xHCI controller before booting to OS. (Default)
Disabled The USB 3.0 ports are routed to the EHCI controller before booting to OS.
When this item is set to Enabled, the xHCI Mode below will be automatically set to Smart Auto; when this
item is set to Disabled, the xHCI Mode below will be automatically set to Auto.

xHCI Mode
Allows you to determine the operating mode for the xHCI controller in OS.
Smart Auto This mode is available only when the BIOS supports the xHCI controller in the pre-boot
environment. This mode is similar to Auto, but it adds the capability to route the ports
to xHCI or EHCI according to setting used in previous boots (for non-G3 boot) in the
pre-boot environment. This allows the use of USB 3.0 devices prior to OS boot. xHCI
controller enabling and rerouting should follow the steps in Auto, when previous boot
routs ports to EHCI. Note: This is the recommended mode when BIOS has xHCI preboot
support. (Default)
Auto BIOS routes the sharable ports to EHCI controller. Then it uses ACPI protocols to
provide an option to enable the xHCI controller and reroute the sharable ports. Note:
This is the recommended mode when BIOS does NOT have xHCI pre-boot support.
Enabled All shared ports are eventually routed to the xHCI controller during the BIOS boot process.
If BIOS does not have pre-boot support for the xHCI controller, it should initially route
the sharable ports to the EHCI controller and then prior to OS boot it should route the
ports to xHCI controller. Note: OS has to provide support for the xHCI controller in this
mode. If the OS does not provide support, all sharable ports won't work.
Disabled The USB 3.0 ports are routed to the EHCI controller and the xHCI controller is turned
off. All USB 3.0 devices function as High Speed devices regardless of xHCI software
support/availability. If this item is set to Disabled, the HS Port #1/2/3/4 Switchable
and xHCI Streams items below will become unconfigurable.

Another explanation:

"Smart Auto
This mode is available only when the BIOS supports the xHCI controller in the pre-boot environment. This mode is similar to Auto, but it adds the capability to route the ports to xHCI or EHCI according to setting used in previous boots (for non-G3 boot) in the pre-boot environment. This allows the use of USB 3.0 devices prior to OS boot. xHCI controller enabling and rerouting should follow the steps in Auto, when previous boot routs ports to EHCI. Note: This is the recommended mode when BIOS has xHCI pre- boot support."

The on-board USB 3.0 port function like a 2.0 port before OS USB 3.0 driver load.
If you reboot the OS, during this reboot BIOS phase, BIOS is "Smart" enough to avoid downgrade the USB 3.0 port back to 2.0 functionality before OS USB 3.0 driver load. So Smart Auto is faster than Auto on 2nd boot onward.

Edited by Legolas