Wintool Just does NOT work for me

pennsylvaniaron

hello:

my first post. I am a nubie with win toolkit. always used rt7 lite. was getting errors with sfc /scannow with that program. I found win toolkit and it seems like its a great program but I cannot for the life of me make an iso that has all the updates tweaks etc. let me say I have 30 yrs experience in repair and working with windows. I am starting out with a win 7_64 homepremium w/sp1 iso. I have wasted 7 dvd+r DL (cause my iso is 4.9gb). but I have tried just doing tweaks like my computer on desktop and small icon in ctrl panel. I load in my preset. I click start and wintool goes along like its working. when I included all the win updates it took 1hr 24 minutes to finish. I then read in the folder where everything was extracted. the wim file is like 4.5gb. I make the iso with imgburn. I then install it on virtualbox. the finished product seems to be as if I have not done anything. no tweaks. over 150 updates to be install. no IE 11. looks vanilla. I tried with the new dism installed and without it installed. my system is win 7_64 sp1 ultimate. I am now downloading the win 7_64 HP sp1 U (refresh) from digital rivers because I am at my wits end. I really need this disk as I am a system builder and it would really help in my installs. I don't know how anyone can resolve this except maybe give me step by step instructions. I've been at it for DAYS! I've read the guides, bugs, error reports etc. plz help Regards...

Well I got it to work. I don't see that I did anything differently but I guess I did...

My iso is a whopping 4.9gb. Using DL disks. I should get some RW's but not sure they make those in DL.

so this is really a great tool. it also passed the sfc /scannow check. the only issue I had is that the screensaver I chose (just the windows sunset one) did not become the default...

can live with that. now I will try to make a 32 bit version and do the merge etc...

keep up the good work...

regards..

well guess what? not working again. I used read in the same folder that worked. I then chose win 7 home premium. I read in my last working preset. since the working one only had 62 updates I know included all the ones I wanted, about 462. I then made a few more tweaks, removed some components in green (nothing serious) and clicked on start. everything seemed to go well. I created an iso and installed it on my VM. I now know from the beginning if it will work w/o doing the entire install. when the setup screen comes up as to which version you want to install if all 4 versions are there then she'll work. if I only see x64_ultimate then it will not work.

Nice tool but the guides can be much better. still have no idea how to so silent installs. getting dizzy searching the forums. but that's the least of my problems right now!

regards...

Sorry for the late reply. I've been working on v2.x

When the AIO Integrator has finished. Did it show anything in the integrated tab? Probably a silly question. But are you selecting the same edition you edited when you're installing? If you've edited Ultimate, and then decide to install Home Premium. You won't see any changes. You seem smart enough to know that though :)

Also. If you have edited Home Premium and your ei.cfg is set to Ultimate. You won't see anything either. When you install Windows. Do you see a list of editions you can choose from?

If you have skype or TeamViewer. I'll gladly help you that way too.

hi:

You don't know much I appreciate the response. I was getting to think no one cared. first off yes I have teamviewer. I usually am the host but will gladly be the guest. my email is brooklnron@aol.com. located in Easton, pa, USA.

I have also gotten this error many times and its very disconcerting because it happens at the end of the integration. in so many words "something has happen to your installation, no need to continue. then something about I'm trying to integrate a language pack without the language installed (my wording this as far as I remember)". I am not yring to integrate and language as far as I know. using that digital river iso. however I do remember the 1st time I used the wintool last week that there were 4 languages in the remove component section. I removed them and have never seen them come up on that list again, with presets and without a preset! no comprende that...

To answer your question, last nite before bed I downloaded the iso from digital river for the English HP sp1_64. I read that into wintool as an .iso. saved the folder to desktop as new folder. she then comes up with 4 editions in wintool. the basic is BLUE and the home premium is green, pro and ultimate no highlighted color.I dbl click the home premium and load in my last preset. I have all the security, general, hotfixes and in the additional I have the ie11 and the ie11 updates. as addons i have net framework 4.52 fix and ccleaner.wa. I wish I knew how to add malwarebytes and adobe reader, googletoolbar. I also have 14 tweaks (can't find disable UAC). I go to advanced and removed some components such as dvd reg, all the mobile stuff and those new Zealand, great Britain packs. I leave the options alone. I have an unattended xml which I copy to new folder (it works). I then click start and as I said it either fails with that language error (after a good hour) or if it gets past not giving that error, even though the iso is about 4.5gb it doesn't do anything in the install on my vm. however I did get it to work once with all the updates. PLEASE HELP> MUCH APPRECIATED...

regards...

ps sometimes I see all the editions on install. that's when she'll work but I usually only have the security updates integrated. when I see ultimate as the only choice on install I know it didn't do anything. I am confused about the ei.cfg procedure. Do I remove it on that first page or just leave it alone?

regards...

Edited by pennsylvaniaron

ok I just used the ei.cfg utility to remove the file from my source .iso. I then started wintoolkit and when read into the AIO the 4 editions initially appear. Is that correct?

regards...

ps. I just used notepad and yes it says Homepremium...ok I get it. thx

Edited by pennsylvaniaron

The issue was with his unattended file. He had an Ultimate key in there when he wanted to use Home Premium. In reaction to this, I've decided to stop Win Toolkit from providing a default key when a user wants a serial key within the unattended file. That means the user will have to manually copy and paste 'default' key they want from the keys tab.

lego:

Ok did that entire new install with all your help on my own using that designated iso you told me about. here are all my errors:

1. sfc /scannow now failed but was able to repair the errors. that sucks because then I have to run that sfc tool after every new install. I saved the cbs logfile (128mb)

2. I just ran it again. Gets to 100% but says it was unable to repair those files...yikes...this main reason I went from rt seven to win toolkit.

3. f.p. install asked a question. so not silent (USED -INSTALL)

4. googletoolbar did not install (FOUND ROUTINE ON WEB. DID NOT WORK. CAN'T FIND SWITCH)

5. the dreaded "meet your browser" tab always open when opening IE11..(OH NO!)

6. office 2007 did not install (my iso is 6.5gb) (COPIED FOLDER WITH YOUR XML FILE. USED SETUP.EXE /Q)

7. adobe reader lite msi when starting from all programs msvcr100.dll is missing

8. malwarebytes gives error on silent install but seems fine...

9. ccleaner did not install silently (USED /S)

I have attached an errors.txt file with the 6 initial errors I received in wintool kit after all the integrating...

regards...

errors.txt

1-2. Haven't ran SFC /scannow in YEARS

3. It's -install not -INSTALL (some are case-sensitive).

EDIT: Same thing happening to me. Googling...

EDIT2: http://www.adobe.com/uk/products/flashplayer/distribution3.html

Try the MSI version.

4. I have no idea what the switch to install Google Toolbar is.

EDIT: Apparently it's /q

5. Try reading here

6. it's not /Q it's /config %APP%\Myconfig.xml

7. After a quick google. This needs to be installed first so add it to the integration list before Adobe Reader Lite.

8. What error? What switch did you use?

9. /S seemed to work for me :/

The issue was with his unattended file. He had an Ultimate key in there when he wanted to use Home Premium. In reaction to this, I've decided to stop Win Toolkit from providing a default key when a user wants a serial key within the unattended file. That means the user will have to manually copy and paste 'default' key they want from the keys tab.

Would it make sense to have this as an option rather than require the manual copying of the key?  Just wondering.

Cheers and Regards

UPDATE on sfc:

I just ran another VM. this had my usual 15 tweaks & removals. I integrated security, hotfix, general updates (462). I did not integrate net framework 4.5 or IE11. My only silent switches were ccleaner and malwarebytes. SFC ran 100%.

i'll keep testing over the w/e adding first net framework and then ie11.

regards...

@pennsylvaniaron,

As a way for you to give back to the community, it might be very helpful to other Win Toolkit noobies if you would please write a brief summary of the steps you use that you have determined create a successful build for you, once you have achieved such a build that is. :)  Written from your point of view as a recent noobie yourself, it might be more understandable for other noobies and will save them some time and frustration, telling them what to be sure to do, and not do, in what order, and what to look out for.  Just a thought.

Cheers and Regards