Disscusion: Why still using XP?

Tuesday77

• 1 month later...

Same hardware can run Win7 and later..

That's not entirely true. In some cases the "Old Hardware" is not compatible with Windows 7. My Dell Dimension 3000 doesn't fully support Windows 7 because of Hardware incompatability. You can force it but it runs the machine like a dog and no real graphics support either. No drivers for graphics for the motherboard. You have to trick it with an old driver in compatability mode. And even then you can't use al of the features of windows 7.

• 4 weeks later...

I use XP all the time, not just on older hardware, i make my own install disks, with pre-installed software, then image the PC, and i can make it any machine anytime in any configuration, and in 10 minutes i can change it to another by installing another image. It may be unsupported by MS now, but it's mostly secure and mostly left alone by hackers now as they concentrate on win 8 and 9, and now 10. they cant be bothered hacking XP anymore, it's no challenge doing the same things you have already done. And besides.........it works good when tuned to, but then i run DOS 7.3, Windows 95 and Windows 98 and LinuxLite all on a single PC too, so i can re-programme all my HAM gear and such.

So running XP for me, is actually a step up......and i get sick of this Win Vista box, and my Win 7 computer sits and gathers dust in the corner as it doesn't get used.

• 1 year later...

if you ever installed xp on mordern pcs , you will understand why xp is still rocking. I have compared xp is much faster than 7 or 8.1. Why? donot know why people say xp is outdated if their uptodate os cannot give realibility that xp can give , why? i should use 7 /8/8.1/10 which are complete waste of system resoarce

10 hours ago, mooms said:

If you have a "modern" system (at least 4GB of RAM, SSD, DX11 graphic card, etc...), XP is not an option.

i am running xp in skylake intel core i7 6700k processor.

my old gold softwares never runs on vista up os.

if you people wants any os which is spying on you also filled with nsa bacdoors and thousands of useless services then keep using horrible monsters

if ever seen few post of russian goverments few years ago , then you  people might understood what serious privacy craps are there in your vista and up oses

Edited by Dibya

XP have its own backdoors...And it can't use the TRIM function needed for SSD, can't run DX11 needed for modern games, can't address more than 3 or 4 GB of RAM, can't use modern instructions of your i7, etc...

If you're really concerned about privacy, you should use a Linux distro, and only use Windows when not connected.

trim work well with ssd tweaker also modern instructions works fine with posready 2009 kerenals. if ram is the problem then try this one ::

Remove 4GB RAM Limit of Windows XPx86 extend to 64GB

also this addon contain patched hal to improve performance over mordern hardware.

directx 10 work fine with Directx10NYV from km software.