GTA V PC installer needs Windows Media Player

phneutral

Hi there!

A while ago I used WinToolkit to strip my Windows 7 SP1 installation disc. Among other components, I removed the Windows Media Player.

Now it seems GTA V PC Setup/Download tool, needs it, otherwise it won't run. Is there a way I can either get a Windows Media Player installer for Windows 7? Probably not, because it comes integrated? Or might there be some other thing to try, without me having to completely redo my Windows 7 Installation disc?

Hope to hear from you guys, and thanks in advance.

In other words, was Win Toolkit the ONLY tool you used, or did you use any other tool in conjunction with Win Toolkit, such as RT7Lite, vLite, or NTLite?

[NOTE:  This is why I personally no longer remove ANYTHING from an OS build.  You never know what piece you might end up needing later, due to newly installed software you might want to use.  You can accomplish just about the same performance efficiency as removing components by simply disabling the services and/or un-registering the apps that you don't need or want to use.  Then it's easy to re-enable things later if you need them.  Just my two cents.]

Cheers and Regards

• 2 weeks later...

Not the first GTA in thta series which requires WMP... ;)

AFAIK, only way to fix it is re-install and do not remove WMP, also as sidenote GTA`s have issues with N edition Windows builds, which are MS official,,,