[How to] Create a Vista Window Style Sig

ricktendo

Found this Great Tutorial on JoeJoe.org thought you would like this WolfX2 http://www.joejoe.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=840&hl=

How to create a vista window styled sig

1.Start with any background image *mine below* in a 600x220 image.

*had to remove due to having to many pictures on it.*

2.Using Rounded rectangle tool set to 5px create a shape roughly this size. Then rasterize shape.

tut2to6.jpg

3.Lower the fill percentage to 40% and add the following blending options:

Drop Shaddow - Angle - 120, Distance - 10, Size - 8

Outer Glow - Blend Mode - Multiply, Color - Black, Size - 3

Stroke - Size - 1, Color - White, Opacity - 60%

Should now look like *below*

tut3mp2.jpg

4.Now using these buttons i made for your please paste them into your image and place them about here*below*

**Buttons**

closebuttonsmb0.png

tut4eq2.jpg

5.Create a new layer (Crtl+Shift+N) and using the rectangular marquee tool select about this much of the layer *below*

tut5hz7.jpg

And fill that selection in white.

6.In the blending options add a stroke that is color black and 1px size and 50% opacity, then add a outerglow of 4px size that is colour white. You should have something like this *below*

tut6mq1.jpg

7.Now add in any other details you may to add like an image or username

8.Now the finishing touch fading it out to white.

create a selection on your background image like the one *below*

tut8rh8.jpg

Right click in the selection and choose feather and make the number as 7px and press ok, now press Crtl+Shift+I to inverse the sleection and hit delete.

At the ends you should now have something looking like this.

tut9vc4.jpg

If you want to create the ultimate Vista sig look carry on with the next stages.

9.Select around you shape by press Ctrl+Left click on the picture thumbnail of the layer "shape", this will happen*below*

tut9hc0.jpg

10. Now on the background layer but still with theselection on teh shape but on the background layer go to Filter>Blur>Gaussian Blur>3px *or anything you think is suitable*

You will end us will a great looking signature like this.

tut10km0.jpg

Tutorial written by jordygreen

Edited by ricktendo64

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
Sure, i can do that. I am having so much fun with this tutorial, its bloody great lol lol. I made a sig for my Playstation forum

PlaystationSigTag.jpg

I would like to have a nice signature for me.............PLEASE :thumbsup_anim:

• 2 weeks later...
Ok I tried my hands on a signature too :thumbsup_anim:

I just changed some settings :icon_rolleyes:

I'm sorry that no one replied at your request for the sig, seems that Wolf is preety busy now since he'd probably do it. But I must admit that you made a quality sig, hope that your PS skills improved with this small tut :icon_cool:

I'm sorry that no one replied at your request for the sig, seems that Wolf is preety busy now since he'd probably do it. But I must admit that you made a quality sig, hope that your PS skills improved with this small tut :icon_cool:

Thanks and yep I did my own sig. from an Image I made. I just changed some setting so the drop shadow is not to much visible :thumb_yello:

Going now to :tumbleweed: some sleep :thumbsup_anim:

Edited by JurgenDoe

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Oh dang :rolleyes: I knew I saw a guide like this when I was attempting mine, funny thing is I could not find it haha, look at that it is at wincert ... time for me to improve hehehe

Thanks for this one

Edited by Sull