(UPDATED) GET ORIGINAL VISTA SNIPPING TOOL, STICKY NOTES, INKBALL GAMES, TEXAS HOL'DEM + WINDOWS JOURNAL HERE ON XP
(Get Vista / Windows 7 Snipping Tool on XP)
Note: Btw to get more Vista and Windows 7 applications and features on XP then you can please also visit:
List of Most Vista Applications and Features for Xp and 2003 (Created by me too): -> Very Recommended for every Xp / 2003 users to enhance and transform Windows Xp into Vista and Windows 7 completely, for both GUI and usability:
Note: Recommended: About Inking/Handwriting with recognition technologies (also for speech one as well) in Desktop PC and Laptop -> To emulate Tablet PC Behavior in PC/Laptop: Although you can still use conventional/standard Mouse (with its limitation, of course), but to make handwriting and inking more easier and better in PC/Laptop (non-Tablet) with Xp Pro/Home/MCE, then you can better use Mouse Pen Tablet Hardware for PC (recommended, e.g the ones from Wacom and Genius) which you can get only for less than $60, much cheaper than real Tablet PC, but can "convert" your Desktop/Laptop to "Tablet" too
These uploads can be updated/enhanced anytime by me without previous notice. So please don't hesitate to post/ask question here, i'd like to help/make it clear for you.
It's also good to have some other Tablet PC components on Xp (Pro, Home, MCE etc) desktop like Vista and Windows 7 by default:
Download Vista / Windows 7 Icons for TIP, Journal, Sticky Notes, Inkball (XP Tablet PC Applications):
It's also more helpful than mouse if you're a Graphic Designer (by using some apps such as Corel Painter or Photoshop etc), especially when you're working with PC/Conventional Laptop. Alternatively you can just switch between them (Mouse and Mouse Pen) i.e when you're working, so you can still enhance your PC more better by having both Mouse and Mouse Pen without missing the old Mouse in your Desktop/Laptop at all...
Hello everybody. Sorry for long time to upload, because i had some troble with my Internet Connection, now it's been fixed. OK, this is my first upload, please correct me if something wrong. They were previously some Windows Vista-only components but now have been ported successfully on Xp. They all are oginally ported from Windows Vista RTM-6.0.6000 (EDIT : except Snipping Tool that came from Vista Beta 2-6.0.5384.4), neither of Xp Tablet PC nor other resources.I tried them successfully on my Xp MCE 2005 SP2/SP3 and also works on other Xp editions such as Xp Pro and Home SP2/SP3 as well. please give them a try and let me know.
further information about how to install is included on each zip package (How to install...txt)
Windows Xp All Versions (Home, Pro, MCE) Sp2/Sp3 (not tested yet on Server 2003. Please tell me here if you have, for update...)
1. Alky 1.1 with Vista Premium/Ultimate license (bind to product key) and Vista DVD Media/Partition.
Download Alky 1.1 for Xp :
Download Alky 1.1 for Windows Server 2003 :
Important: Because it's not like Windows Sidebar (doesnt require any specific Vista License),but Snipping Tool, inkball, and sticky notes (as well as Texas Hold'em for Ultimate license only) are only supported by Vista non Basic such as Ultimate and premium edition (Tablet PC component/support doesnt exist on Vista Basic). Please read Alky Guide on "C:\Program Files\Alky for Applications\Documentation\manual.pdf".
I recommend only Vista Ultimate key as it can support more apps (like Texas Hold'em), and it's "more acceptable".
Dont Worry, you dont have to provide something like new unused Vista Ultimate Key here, but only "Valid/Generic/OEM/Retail" key (even the "OEM" one is not unique and "easy" to get...i think you all should already know how to... Please do not ever talk about "warez" serial here and Google is your best friend for that...lol...so easy), because you're not required to activate new Vista OS here. No any legal issue. You should also have Vista DVD media or Vista partition. (EDIT : See below, you don't need them anymore!!)
If you have installed Alky previously without Vista License, you have to uninstall it, then reinstall with Vista license (Serial and Vista DVD Media or partition) to re-register the binaries and drivers. Dont worry usually your system wont be messed up (thanks to Alky Team for their Good Installer)
About Vista Serial, again, i recommend just using Vista Ultimate Serial (because it can support all included Texas Hold'em), just find it. and again, If you still dont have your own Ultimate key, I just tell you all for example even the Vista OEM Ultimate serial is not unique/personal! And Google is your friend...so easy...lol. etc.
HOW TO INSTALL ALKY WITH VISTA SERIAL (BETTER WAY) : Thanks to Ricktendo for this info and uploading (See his original post below): You dont need a Vista DVD to install Alky with license, just create a "sources" folder in the root of one of your hard drives example D:\sources and put these two files in it:
pidgenx.dllDownload them (thx alot to Ricktendo for uploading): 394 kb
pkeyconfig.xrm-ms _linenums:0'><strong class='bbc'>pidgenx.dllpkeyconfig.xrm-ms</strong>
Easy Steps To install Alky with Vista Serial:
1) Download from link above, then extract/create "sources" folder that contains two downloaded files above to any drive/partition you want (e.g.: "D:\"). If you copy them to "D:\" , so the full path becomes "D:\sources", according to Ricktendo's explanation above or his post below). Of course you can also copy them to "C:\", or "F:\" later, just for example guys.
2) Run Alky Installer (you have to remove previous Alky before re-installing), then check "Bind to product key". Select the drive/partition that you placed the folder (e.g.: D:\ like above) Enter your Vista "Valid" Serial (Bind to Product Key) and , start installing.
3) Reboot (optional but recommended to re-register new drivers/binaries, registry, Alky Shell Extension etc), done!
No more Vista DVD hell needed! bye! (thx again to Ricktendo, very practical mate!)
2. Internet Explorer 7 or higher-> Optional but Recommended (for some minor dependencies)
3. .Net Framework 1.1 or Higher (2.0, 3.0 ...)
Some of them/choose one (The latest .net framework 3.5 has included all) :
Download .net framework 1.1 :
Download .net framework 2.0 :
Download .net framework 3.5:
4. Windows Journal Viewer 1.5 - Required For Snipping Tool, Sticky Notes, Inkball (Tablet PC inking API), Note: Usually you don't need it if you already have Office 2003 / 2007 suite installed. Thanks to Cihan -because some TPC "down level" API ("inking" feature on inkball, Snipping Tool etc) is needed by the Apps to work properly on "normal" Xp. (Attention: you dont need and can't install it on Xp Tablet PC)
5. Optional: Email desktop application -> Optional (not required for installing and running Snipping Tool), only to take advantage of Send to E-mail Feature on Windows Journal (send journal to email recipient as attachment - optional feature), such as Windows Live Mail, OE/Outlook Express, Outlook, Thunderbird, AOL etc. (At least you have already had OE already installed as built in Xp OS by default.)
6. Optional (not required for installing and running Snipping Tool): TPR/TRP (Tablet PC Recognizer Pack/Tablet Recognizer Pack) for Tablet PC recognition support:
TPR is also called Microsoft Windows XP Tablet PC Edition 2005 Recognizer Pack/TRP (Tablet PC Edition 2005 Recognizer Pack requires Tablet PC SDK 1.7 must be installed before) - For gesture and Handwriting recognition APIs or libraries: Chinese (Traditional), Chinese (Simplified), U.S. English, U.K. English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, and Spanish (Multilanguages/MUI):
Though it contains "Tablet PC" name, you can still install TPR on Windows 2000 and all Windows Xp editions.
Download TPR from Microsoft (Multilanguages-80 Mb):
- TPR lite English-US -> only 3,1 Mb:
- TPR lite English-UK -> only 2,86 Mb:
MD5 : F3BF28CBBAC7D02E2303851D3154D4F3
OK, HERE THEY ARE : - Note: Make sure you have installed all prerequisites above before running the apps!
(Zipped by WinZip 11, MD5 checksum by MD5 Check):
1). ORIGINAL VISTA SNIPPING TOOL for Xp (En-US/English), 211 kb > Fixed/Updated!
File : "Ported Vista Windows Snipping Tool for Xp.zip",
Ported Xp Tablet PC 2005 SnippingTool SP2 (2.0.2005.225) for Xp Pro/Home/MCE (If you are really a Snipping Tool lover, just get all versions of Snipping Tools instead of only one...lol).
Xp Tablet PC 2005 Snipping Tool for Xp (all) Snipping Tool Xp Tablet PC ported to Xp:
MD5 :89420AD54B9BD5FF6A560ABF9B011846 , 3,47 mb, guide etc included
Prerequisites for Xp Tablet PC Snipping Tool 2005:
- Tablet PC SDK 1.7 (for providing some/more Tablet PC API supports on "normal" Xp)
- .Net Famework 1.1 or higher (see link above)
- Windows Journal Viewer 1.5 (see link above)
- Email Client apps (optional, see above)
- > (Optional/not required) Plug in For both Vista and Xp Tablet PC Snipping Tools : Snipping Tool Plug in for Windows Live Writer :
(Requires .net framework 2.0 and Windows Live Writer 2008 installed). Also You should have a Hotmail/Windows Live ID to use it:
Note: i haven't tested it yet, possibly it works, but there's no guarantee, if you really need it then just give it a try :
* Download the Snipping Tool plug in for Windows Live Writer (on Windows Live Gallery):
* Download Windows Live Writer 2008 (as part of Windows Live Suite/just a downloader):
* Download Windows Live Writer as offline stand alone installer 2008 (with Windows Live PhotoGallery, Live Mail, Messenger, etc!) -recommended for fast and backup/no "Live Downloader" anymore:
Download .net framework 2.0 > See the link above (also as prerequisites of the plug in)
2). ORIGINAL VISTA STICKY NOTES for Xp (En-US/English), 187 Kb. This is the original Vista Sticky Notes ported to Xp. No more words but enjoy!
File : "Ported Vista Windows Sticky Notes for Xp.zip",
- EXTRA : NEW!-ALTERNATIVE (SIMILAR) STICKY NOTES : (Doesnt need Alky installed)[/b]. Xp Tablet PC Sticky Notes ported) to Xp non Tablet PC (Home/Pro/MCE), Only requires .net framework 1.1 or higher (see the link above). Very Similar UI (user interface) with Vista version, otherwise only have less feature than Vista one though. But Help files included (Vista version not). Just for alternative/as additional. If you dont have any trouble with Alky, just download the original and better Vista Sticky Notes instead!
File : "Ported Xp TPC Sticky Notes for Xp All.zip", only 1,190 KB / 1,19 mb (included help files and inking libraries)
Xp Sticky Notes Installer (Newer version) -only 779 Kb:
3). ORIGINAL VISTA INKBALL GAMES RTM for Xp (En-US/English), 311 Kb
File : "Ported Vista Inkball Games for Xp.zip",
- EXTRA : NEW!-ALTERNATIVE (SIMILAR) INKBALL : (Doesnt need Alky installed) Xp Tablet PC Inkball Games (ported) for Xp non Tablet PC (Home/Pro/MCE) Sp2 (the UI/User Interface is very similar with Vista version except only the cursor). doesnt need Alky/Vista serial. It has also been customized to mimic Vista 100% nearly similar or similar, except the hidden cursor (Vista inkball shows it as pen). To To show cursor : just hit ALT key once on keyboard, then click on the game to see the cursor. For Xp inkball, Original inkball Help files also included! (Vista inkball not, since Vista help file is different with Xp...)
Prerequisites : Windows Journal Viewer 1.5 and .net framework 1.1 (or higher). links: see above.
MD 5: 3ECA1D37C289D45EF263AB28E7DA84EF
Download (only 697 kb included inkball help files .chm)
4). ORIGINAL VISTA ULTIMATE EXTRA (by request): TEXAS HOLD'EM (6.0.6000.17015-RTM) for Xp > Fixed!, 12,77 Mb
It also requires Alky with Vista Ultimate "valid" serial as well. Fixed, Works perfectly on Xp. other prerequisites (IE7 and .net framework 3.0) still required.
Download : http://www.4shared.c...dem_for_Xp.html
NOTE : a 64 bit Xp user (Running Fool) has reported Texas Hold'Em may or may not work on Xp 64 bit. Problem is still unsolved (otherwise it does works very well on 32 bit Xp indeed).
EDIT: If it still doesnt work especially for Xp 64 bit environment try to repatch all Holdem dlls by using Alky context menu extension "patch Vista library" then last holdem.exe by "patch and run vista executable", all should be placed in same folder/default directory (%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Games\holdem). This should be necessary to repatch PE headers and register all dll's and executables in registry.
If still doesnt, just try to copy XInput9_1_0.dll (or rewrite/delete the old one) from Vista 64 bit system32 (system64? lol) to holdem directory and repatch them again.
(NEW) WINDOWS JOURNAL FOR XP: Windows Journal "ported" to Xp like Vista:
Please Note: Since some app files might have been "patched" or "compressed" (packed) to work properly on another Xp OS editions etc and it might be a necessary effort for that beside the installing code itself, then some "false alarm" or "false positive" may happen to some clean exe installers/apps /installation process (rare) although they are actually clean and safe and does not pose a threat to your system.. The term false positive is used when antivirus software wrongly classifies an innocuous ( inoffensive ) file as a virus. The incorrect detection may be due to heuristics or to an incorrect virus signature in a database.Usually some great and famous antiviruses (such as Kaspersky, AVG, Norman, McAfee, etc) won't have the such problem so far bcoz they will work better. If that happens, then you can simply ignore it and continue installing as it's guaranteed actually 100% safe and clean by me. But again, it's still 100% your own choice and right to decide.
ALKY FOR APPLICATION PREREQUISITES (As original From Alky: manual.pdf):
-Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86)
-Microsoft Internet Explorer 7
-Wireless LAN API (KB918997) (Windows XP users only)
-Windows Media Player 11 (Windows Sidebar users only)
-Microsoft National Language Support Downlevel APIs
(bundled; no separate installation required)
COMMON VISTA/TABLET PC API AND LIBRARIES FOR "NORMAL XP" (Only for the ported apps here- thx to Sull for reminding me):
- Windows Journal Viewer (for almost/all ported applications here) - (see link above)
- .Net Framework (Tablet PC platform) - (see link above)
- Tablet PC SDK 1.7 (only for Xp Tablet PC 2005 Snipping Tool ported to Xp) - (see link above)
Sorry for "very crowded" post and my very bad english (i am Indonesian). Hopefully clear and useful/helpful and good luck.
If you want to create add ons of them etc, please feel free to do it. Thank you so much for your help, I will appreciate it so much! And feel free to redistribute them/re-upload them/share the download links etc, As i hope more people can download and enjoy them on Xp...
I also give special credit to Codename83 for reuploading them because we are here for sharing our stuffs/knowledge/etc with each other, for free. Again, thx alot mate! Awesome, you rocks!!! Go to the link below for all the following vista softwares ported to xp, Note: To everybody here please only download only the Snipping Tool from the Link on my first post (this one here), since it's already been little updated and i have no idea and can't make sure that he's included the updated version or not in his own package coz i can't contact him anyways. No problem with other apps. Thanks for your attention and understanding...
I also give special credit to my friend and mentor fediaFedia, for sharing them on Deviantart http://fediafedia.de...d-apps-95652796 . Thx alot, i am always ur loyal fan and friend!!
I will also upload some of my other vista tools here in afew days. WinCert Rocks! cya later.
CREDIT TO: Microsoft, MSDN, MVP, Code Project, Alky team (Rafael, Zoronax, Falling Leaf...thx alot), WinBeta, Deviantart, My Indonesian Friends in customization and programming language VB .Net, C etc in Win-Powertoy Farid, Guntour, Rudy, Jenny, Lina, Bro' Rachman (thx alot), Ricktendo, Cihan, Fedia Fedia (all who inspired me, thx alot), My master: Vishal Gupta (thx alot, you rocks!), some of my friends on other forums (thx alot!), and absolutely Wincert for this great Forum., and many people i cant mention, etc. Again, Many Thanks to you all!
See you on Wincert...
Some Screenshots :
Vista Snipping Tool in Xp :
Vista Sticky Notes in Xp :
Vista Inkball Games RTM in Xp :
Vista Ultimate Extra Texas Hold'Em in Xp:
Tablet PC 2005 Snipping Tool in Xp Pro/Home:
(Better) 3rd Party Alternatives for Snipping Tool for Xp: "SnagIt" and other 3rd parties etc
Note: i know it's better application (seems doesn't support "inking" though) but i personally think $ 49.95 is too expensive for screen capturing, unless you are using some other better features of it... and all about "Vista to Xp" port might be cooler! Cya and Long live Xp !
- Get Vista File Viewer ( Vista Explorer Preview Pane ) "ported" to Xp HERE
- Get Windows Vista Journal ( Windows Journal ) ported to Xp HERE
- Get Tablet PC Input Panel ported to Xp Pro, Home, MCE + Convert/Upgrade Xp Pro/Home/MCE to Xp Tablet PC 2005 : HERE
- List : Most Vista Applications and Features for Xp (Microsoft and 3rd parties). All from Vista to Xp, included Vista Ports (Recommended for all Xp and 2003 users) HERE
- VistaXp theme by KOL for Windows Xp -> full MSStyles + wallpapers, only 2,9 Mb
The coolest and most famous Vista-like VS / theme skin for Windows Xp. Even better than both Zune and Royal ones. Credits to KOL, i hope it's OK here.
Download VistaXp theme skin for Xp (full):
Additional: If you want to get more Vista Games that ported to Xp, please visit : http://jonnyw1989.wo...-for-xp-update/
(Note: All of them are from Vista Beta, but look and behave as similar as Vista RTM games. Only Chess Titan that still can't be ported to Xp yet since it also requires some DirectX 10 and Vista API only...maybe in the future we can...Ameen Bro' and Sis'...)
- (New update for Vista Games for Xp -> More recommended): Download latest fixed version of Vista Games beta and RTM ported to Windows Xp: (Original Freecell, Mahjong/Shanghai, Solitaire, Spider Solitaire, Hearts, Purble Place, Mineweesper, Inkball etc + Texas Hold'em and Brutal Chess (Chess Titan alternative on Xp by far) + Window Journal Viewer as prerequisite for Inkball without WGA validation -> Usually not required if you already have Office Suite/Onenote 2003/2007 though + Latest Alky for Vista Applications and Games on Xp/2003 :(Btw i have removed ugly “Oct 4 2005″ on the title bar of some of these Vista games too!, "fixed" binary info from Oberon to MS etc) GUI etc:
To know that how to install/run original Vista Games RTM (Inkball and Hold'em), as well as Vista Snipping Tool, Sticky Notes which required Alky/VAIO with Vista Serial on Windows Xp etc:
Windows 7 games for Xp? Lol so far the games in latest Windows 7 Beta is similar with Vista's (except the internet versions/MSN e.g Internet Backgammon, Checkers, Spades), not sure about the final version/RTM or higher. Don’t worry you can also play them on Xp desktop online/offline by going to MSN online games: -> Requires min Xp SP2/3 and IE 6 SP1/IE 7/IE 8:
- Internet BackGammon:
- Internet Checkers:
- Internet Spades:
Download the free offline versions (Bicycle Games demos - Microsoft Games Studios) of them:
- Download Offline Backgammon & Checkers:
- Download Offline Spades:
SPECIAL VISTA PACK FOR XP TABLET PC 2005 APPLICATIONS:
This special pack is to change some Xp Tablet PC 2005 Applications (Tablet PC Input Panel/TIP, Journal, Inkball, Sticky Notes) look like the ones in Vista Ultimate/Premium/Enterprise (or even maybe on Windows 7) "little" xD. Working on original Windows Xp Tablet PC 2005 and the "converted versions" of it (e.g Xp Pro/Home which have been "converted" yet to Tablet PC 2005 OS) all. Btw you can also get "vistaized" Inkball game and Sticky Notes working fine "portably" on Xp Pro/Non tablet PC only by installing Windows Journal Viewer and .Net framework 1.1. If you don't have Xp Tablet PC 2005 OS but still want some of its components on Xp Pro/Home by default (just like Windows Vista/Seven) Google it or you can read my threads (Wincert and WinMatrix) about how to easily convert Xp Pro/Home/MCE to Tablet PC 2005 or have some components of it etc: http://www.wincert.n...?showtopic=5023 and you can also do the same with MCE 2005 on Xp Pro/Home/Tablet PC (Windows Media Center): http://www.wincert.n...?showtopic=5602
Yeah, the versions of above Tablet PC applications in Vista only have little different GUIs, especially icon (and toolbar on Journal). So you can change/replace them for having the same icons with Vista's ones. This pack even will add some additional components which are some Vista-like Tablet PC control panel applets (Vista Tablet PC and Pen applets) on Xp control panel, yeah just really like Vista xD (as well as my Tablet PC Input Panel Installer for Xp Pro, Home, MCE etc on Wincert and WinMatrix forums). Completely with guide (included) for more info...:
- Download Vista Pack for Xp Tablet PC 2005 Applications:
Name: Vista Pack for Xp Tablet PC Applications.zip
Size: only 2,38 Mb
MD5 check: 1ee15a35a8397b36ded9ba6c0a420f0e
Download Vista / Windows 7 Icons for TIP, Journal, Sticky Notes, Inkball (XP Tablet PC Applications):
- NEW: ADDED HERE: Finally just get Vista/Windows 7 Chess Titans on XP (working):
It needs .Net Framework 3.5 SP1 http://www.microsoft...&displaylang=en (or higher) installed first on XP before you can play it. You can also play it on other supported Windows OSes such as Windows Server 2003, Vista Basic or even Windows 7 Basic etc as well.
Screenshot of Chess Titans on XP desktop:
GET VISTA/7 CHESS TITANS GAME ON XP
ANOTHER GUIDE: ONE GOOD EXAMPLE OF CUSTOMIZING/ENHANCING XP TO MAKE IT LOOK AND BEHAVE LIKE VISTA
(ALSO WINDOWS 7)
Important Note: You can always customize your Windows Xp less or more or as much as you want, that’s why it’s called “personal desktop” anyways. You’re not required to make it 100% look or behave like Vista, but still “enhance” it instead (Usability is still more important than eye candy anyways IMHO)…Some further tweaks maybe required as well.
You can also find/get some links for these items mainly from the main list above of course (“List of Most Vista/Windows 7 Applications and Features for Xp”) or just google them as usual etc.
PS: On Windows 7 Beta, even some Vista native applications (e.g Windows Meeting Space and PhotoGallery) have been removed (get the replacements from both Windows Live and Office Live).
Any effort to get them all is still relevant since Windows 7 is an enhanced version of Vista...
- DESKTOP/SHELL GUI:
Bootscreen: Just Standard Xp or another one with Tuneup Utilities (better than “empty”black Vista BS imo)
Logon Screen: One from Xpize with Tuneup Utilities
Themes/VS: VistaXp by KOL
Wallpapers: Original Vista Wals
Screensavers: Original Vista SS ported to Xp
Most Shell Icons: Get them from VTP 9 (selective install)
Vista Start Menu: Customize Xp Start Menu Without Vistart and Any Third Party: http://www.winmatrix...showtopic=20450
ANIMATED GUI (DWM Emulation):
Shadow: Y’z Shadow
Transparency: Border Skin (optional, too bad transparency sucks on Xp, mainly with topdesk)
Animated Icon: Uber Icon (optional)
Animated window: Window FX
Flip3d: Topdesk and Vista Flip3d icon
Taskbar Thumbnail: Visual Tooltip
Transparent window and always on top: PowerMenu (optional)
WINDOWS EXPLORER FEATURES:
Explorer Breadcrumb Addressbar: Folder Pilot or QTTabbar or Minimalist Explorer Breadcrumb
Vista Favorite Links: FindeXer
Vista Live Icon/Thumbnail and Metadata: Get More Thumbnail and Metadata on Xp
Vista Viewer Pane and Search: Get Vista Explorer Preview Pane and Search on Xp
Vista Command Prompt on Context Menu: Command Prompt PowerToy
Vista New Window on Context Menu: Add New Window on Context Menu
ORIGINAL VISTA APPLICATIONS:
IE7: IE7 or IE8
WMP 11: WMP 11 with Vista WMP 11 Skin or Windows 7 WMP 12 Skin either
Windows PhotoGallery: Windows Live Photo Gallery
Windows Mail: Windows Live Mail
Windows Calendar: Windows Live Mail or/and MS Works Calendar
Windows Movie Maker: Windows Movie Maker with Vista Skin by fediaFedia
Windows DVD Maker: Microsoft PhotoStory 3 with Sonic DVD Burning Plug In or Better to get Sonic RecordNow with/without DVD Studio or Nero
Explorer DVD Burning: ISO powertoy and IMAPI V2
Windows Notepad, Paint, Calculator: Vista ones ported to Xp
Windows Defender: Windows Defender for Windows Xp
Windows Search: Windows Search 4.0 for Xp
Windows Sidebar: Windows Sidebar ported to Xp by Ricktendo
Windows Media Center: MCE 2005 or Windows Media Center for Xp with Vista Skin
Windows Meeting Space: Just Net Meeting or Microsoft SharedView
Tablet PC Applications:
Snipping Tool: Vista Snipping Tool ported to Xp
Sticky Notes: Sticky Notes ported to Xp
Windows Journal: Windows Journal ported to Xp
Windows Tablet PC Input Panel: Tablet PC Input Panel for Windows Xp
Windows Vista Games: Vista Games ported to Xp
DirectX10, .Net Framework 3.0, IMAPI V2 etc: They all have been ported to Windows Xp as well (read the list/google...)
Again sorry for not being so complete, instead this is just one example (from my previous desktop), and you can always customize your Xp much more better completely just like/following the entire list or another alternative source of course, still your own choice and taste…anyhow it’s still recommended to only get the most wanted or needed/favorite features for you (remember that more apps=more resources), do it selectively. Anyway good luck and again Long Live Xp indeed… cya
PS: Please also continue to read my Post #2 below for more info...
Edited by AMIRZ, 14 July 2010 - 01:06 PM.