ricktendo

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

haiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

I need to add file xxx.inf to instal silant by 7z sfx

What the code add to Config.txt????

And

I need to add file xxx.xml to instal silant by 7z sfx

I download Nod32 2.7 instal silant with file Config.xml (setting nod32 2.7)

the code use

RunProgram="setup.exe /forceold /silentmode /NORESTART /instmfc

/cfg=config.xml"

but

the program is nod32 v4

setup.msi

What the code add to Config.txt?????????

please help me

For INF (with a DefaultInstall section) you could use

RunProgram="RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection %%T\\<inf_name>.inf"

For nod32 try <msi_name>.msi /qb

Thanks my brother

I know the silant switch but I need to add file xxx.xml to this switch in code alike this

RunProgram="setup.exe /forceold /silentmode /NORESTART /instmfc /cfg=config.xml"

and

I need to replace file prodect in program files with another

i need alike this code

rename %ProgramFiles%\ESET\ESET NOD32 Antivirus\egui.exe egui.exe.1

copy egui.exe %ProgramFiles%\ESET\ESET NOD32 Antivirus /y

Edited by eltunisie

• 5 months later...

Hello, thanks your for your hard work! Please someone re-upload the "SilentSwitchMaker.zip" file :), it would last longer on Dropbox I believe, or even Rapidshare (non-ilegal files there have been on for years, so long as no-one reports them).

Dun, also updated with latest stable 7zsd_All.sfx

Wow, that was fast! Thank you!

I created my first Addon successfully :) I would like to know a little more about the /MERGETASKS=desktopicon / Switch.

I can see that by adding an exclamation mark before "desktopicon" I can avoid having a shortcut created on the desktop, but, I also want to add the ability to create a QuickLaunch shortcut on the Taskbar :)

Is there any documentation with more details about that switch? (Already saw Cmenu switches, and documentation on it's website, but I couldn't figure that switch out :) )

http://cdburnerxp.se/help/kb/13

Edited by newuser121

Here is everything on inno setup installers (you get with CMenu: More Options -> Installer Tools -> Identify Installer)

Inno Setup ® Installer.

setup.exe /Option

Install Options

/LOADINF="filename"

Instructs Setup to load the settings from the specified file after having checked the command line. This file can be prepared using the '/SAVEINF=' command as explained below.

Don't forget to use quotes if the filename contains spaces.

/SAVEINF="filename"

Instructs Setup to save installation settings to the specified file.

Don't forget to use quotes if the filename contains spaces.

/LANG=language

Specifies the language to use. language specifies the internal name of the language as specified in a [Languages] section entry.

When a valid /LANG parameter is used, the Select Language dialog will be suppressed.

/DIR="x:\dirname"

Overrides the default directory name displayed on the Select Destination Location wizard page. A fully qualified pathname must be specified.

/GROUP="folder name"

Overrides the default folder name displayed on the Select Start Menu Folder wizard page. If the [setup] section directive DisableProgramGroupPage was set to yes, this command line parameter is ignored.

/NOICONS

Instructs Setup to initially check the Don't create any icons check box on the Select Start Menu Folder wizard page.

/NOCANCEL

Prevents the user from cancelling during the installation process, by disabling the Cancel button and ignoring clicks on the close button. Useful along with '/SILENT' or '/VERYSILENT'.

/COMPONENTS="comma separated list of component names"

Overrides the default components settings. Using this command line parameter causes Setup to automatically select a custom type.

/TASKS="comma separated list of task names"

* Applies to Inno Setup version 5.1.4, and above.

Specifies a list of tasks that should be initially selected or deselected. To deselect a task, prefix its name with a "!" character.

Only the specified tasks (and their children) will be selected; the rest will be deselected. Use the /MERGETASKS parameter instead if you want to keep the default set of tasks and only select/deselect some of them.

Examples:

Deselect all tasks, then select the "desktopicon" and "fileassoc" tasks:

/TASKS="desktopicon,fileassoc"

Deselect all tasks, then select a parent task item, but exclude one of its children:

/TASKS="parent,!parent\child"

/MERGETASKS="comma separated list of task names"

* Applies to Inno Setup version 5.1.4, and above.

Like the /TASKS parameter, except the specified tasks will be merged with the set of tasks that would have otherwise been selected by default.

If UsePreviousTasks is set to yes, the specified tasks will be selected/deselected after any previous tasks are restored.

Examples:

Keep the default set of selected tasks, but additionally select the "desktopicon" and "fileassoc" tasks:

/MERGETASKS="desktopicon,fileassoc"

Keep the default set of selected tasks, but deselect the "desktopicon" task:

/MERGETASKS="!desktopicon"

/PASSWORD=password

Specifies the password to use. If the [setup] section directive Password was not set, this command line parameter is ignored.

When an invalid password is specified, this command line parameter is also ignored.

Display Options

/SP-

Disables the This will install... Do you wish to continue? prompt at the beginning of Setup. Of course, this will have no effect if the DisableStartupPrompt [setup] section directive was set to yes.

/SILENT

/VERYSILENT

Instructs Setup to be silent or very silent. When Setup is silent the wizard and the background window are not displayed but the installation progress window is. When a setup is very silent this installation progress window is not displayed. Everything else is normal so for example error messages during installation are displayed and the startup prompt is (if you haven't disabled it with DisableStartupPrompt or the '/SP-' command line option explained above)

If a restart is necessary and the '/NORESTART' command isn't used (see below) and Setup is silent, it will display a Reboot now? message box. If it's very silent it will reboot without asking.

/SUPPRESSMSGBOXES

Instructs Setup to suppress message boxes. Only has an effect when combined with '/SILENT' and '/VERYSILENT'.

The default response in situations where there's a choice is:

Yes in a 'Keep newer file?' situation.

No in a 'File exists, confirm overwrite.' situation.

Abort in Abort/Retry situations.

Cancel in Retry/Cancel situations.

Yes (=continue) in a DiskSpaceWarning/DirExists/DirDoesntExist/NoUninstallWarning/ExitSetupMessage/ConfirmUninstall situation.

Yes (=restart) in a FinishedRestartMessage/UninstalledAndNeedsRestart situation.

5 message boxes are not suppressible:

The About Setup message box.

The Exit Setup? message box.

The FileNotInDir2 message box displayed when Setup requires a new disk to be inserted and the disk was not found.

Any (error) message box displayed before Setup (or Uninstall) could read the command line parameters.

Any message box displayed by

support function MsgBox.

Restart Options

/NORESTART

Instructs Setup not to reboot even if it's necessary.

/RESTARTEXITCODE=exit code

Specifies the custom exit code that Setup is to return when a restart is needed. Useful along with '/NORESTART'.

Logging Options

/LOG

Causes Setup to create a log file in the user's TEMP directory detailing file installation and [Run] actions taken during the installation process. This can be a helpful debugging aid. For example, if you suspect a file isn't being replaced when you believe it should be (or vice versa), the log file will tell you if the file was really skipped, and why.

The log file is created with a unique name based on the current date. (It will not overwrite or append to existing files.)

The information contained in the log file is technical in nature and therefore not intended to be understandable by end users. Nor is it designed to be machine-parseable; the format of the file is subject to change without notice.

/LOG="filename"

Same as /LOG, except it allows you to specify a fixed path/filename to use for the log file. If a file with the specified name already exists it will be overwritten. If the file cannot be created, Setup will abort with an error message.

CMenu Options

AutoIt Usage

Template AutoIt Script, requires no recording.

Create the Au3 template script.

Edit any variables at the start of the script, and and shortcuts, that require deletion.

Refer to the CMenu Help Guide. It displays sample highlighted items, to edit.

Compile the script, into an exe, and keep it with the installer.

Run the compiled exe, to install.

;

If recorded with CMenu, the ProgramName.inf is saved to the installer directory.

Command line Usage

Record an installation. Change filenames in command, to suit.

Setup.exe /SAVEINF="c:\ProgramName.inf"

The ProgramName.inf is saved to the root of c:\ drive, as to above command.

But, CMenu record will save the ProgramName.inf to the installer directory.

To silently install, use:

Setup.exe /VERYSILENT /SP- /LOADINF="Full Address to\ProgramName.inf"

You can add more parameters, as required.

;

Or not record the install, and use parameters above, to the commandline.

I was really having a blonde moment with this, but it turned out to be easier than I thought :).

The parameter I was looking for to install CDBurnerXP silently, with no icon, and with a QuickLaunch shortcut was:

cdbxp_setup_4.4.1.3099.exe /VERYSILENT /MERGETASKS="!desktopicon,quicklaunchicon"

The "quicklaunchicon" reference to do a QuickLaunch shortcut was hidden and found under a .CFG file that I can create with even more customizations I can save on that file.

It was even shown in this documentation right on my face, LOL:

http://cdburnerxp.se/help/kb/13

So I can use those switches manually to create my Addon, BUT, now I want to test if I can use that .CFG file along with the Installer to create an easier unattended installer with more options selected to my likings, like this:

[setup]

Lang=Spanish

Dir=C:\Archivos de programa\CDBurnerXP

Group=CDBurnerXP

NoIcons=0

SetupType=custom

Components=main,nmsaccess,lang,lang\catalan,lang\netherlands,lang\france,lang\germany,lang\italy,lang\japan,lang\portugal,lang\brazil,lang\mexico,lang\spain,lang\argentina

Tasks=quicklaunchicon,fileassoc,isoassoc

In case I feel lazy about using those switches manually :).

Also, since you mentioned "Inno", and I had no idea what that was, I learned about it by Googling, and found more documentation on a few more switches (Cmenu is awesome though):

http://www.jrsoftware.org/ishelp/index.php?topic=setupcmdline

Anyways, creating an Addon this way is easier than I thought, just watch the videos carefully, and do some research according to the software you want, and the type of -Installer- that software uses.

Thank you for all this info :)

• 5 months later...

Thanks rick, this is really good work. I'm looking forward to part 4 of this series. Your videos tutorials have proven to be very informational in helping me understand the inner workings of various installers and the 7zSD modules. :D

Edited by dotfusion

hi.. ive been trying to make eset antivirus 5.2.9.1 silent installer

i know to just leave the cfg.xml file in same folder as the eav_nt32_enu.msi so the advanced options will be auto configured.

sfx maker just gives me /qb /norestart

if i test on a live system it will install ok..

but when added to a cd setup disk as the silent install..

i get a little white screen come up when the silent installer is executed

cant make much sense of the windows install 4.5 info myself..

esetwininstaller45.jpg

i know it gives some information..

im wondering if you have seen this before

and maybe know the work round for it or a proper silent switch i can use..

many thanks in advance for any help..

Edited by dude-uk

do you mean the cfg.xml but in txt format ? i can post it but it looks very big..

i use sfx maker v1.3.1 and use directory tab

put both eav_nt32_enu.msi & cfg.xml in a folder

choose the folder above as the directory path

choose eav_nt32_enu.msi file to run

and sfx maker gives silent switch /qb /norestart

output as eav5291_silent.exe

but as explained in my post above i get a little white screen come up windows install 4.5

when added to a cd setup disk as the silent install with /qb /norestart

Edited by dude-uk

cfg.txt http://www.mediafire...cnrmlmxyo8515ur

cfg.xml http://www.mediafire...znk06ealwpt45u8

both the same file but one is xml and other is txt

its the cfg.xml i put in the same folder as eav_nt32_enu.msi

i was told in another forum that putting the exported cfg.xml file made from eset in same folder as the msi installer

will pre-configure the eset options when eset is installed..

Edited by dude-uk