[Updated] DirectX 9.0c End-User Runtime AddOn - 0.8.1

redxii

DirectX End-User Runtimes AddOn - 0.8.1 (August 2009) - 32-bit

32-bit XP, Server 2003, Vista, Server 2008, and Windows 7.

LINK: Download - Mirror

SHA1: 9cef47641e290d2394e36d45bd0bf249595d7b50

Size: 10.8 MB

Build date: 2009/9/16

DirectX End-User Runtimes AddOn - 0.8.1 (August 2009) - 64-bit

64-bit XP, Server 2003, Vista, Server 2008, and Windows 7.

SHA1: a9ba326d35877471375034546335d473a3b3f990

Size: 26.1 MB

Build date: 2009/9/16

Only the 64-bit addon is required for 64-bit Windows.

changelog:

- Added phantom August 2008 updates.

- August 2009 Updates.

64-bit only update

- Block install on 32-bit OSes

- Fixed DLL registration

- March 2009 Updates.

- Maintenance release; changed OS detection to diff method that doesn't require a plug-in

- Re-released November 2008 Runtimes as an switchless installer. It is easier for me to maintain, as well as faster and smaller integration size and works with more OSes, and can even be used to update an existing install.

- November 2008 Updates

- Removed all security catalogs; useless as files are self-signed

- Fixed typo

- August 2008 Updates

- June 2008 Updates

- Minor, apparently unimportant changes to [obsolete_files], no need to update if you're happy with 0.3.3

- Removed superfluous INF files

- Register XAudio2_0.dll

- Wrong inf file in [i386_compress]

- March 2008 Updates

- Removed completely unnecessary CAT and INF files; changed case on one file to match web installer

- Fixed the Optional Components to be hidden

- Initial release

DirectX for Managed Code AddOn - 1.1.0

This addon contains DirectX for Managed Code, .NET Framework assemblies that the web installer/redist installs when .NET Framework is installed. This isn't needed unless you install the .NET Framework, and isn't dependent on .NET to install.

MD5: b3b44aaca531ecc745eae0643b1fba42

SHA1: 549fa2150b8dff76a8eb16b1ae747f308e0249ed

Size: 1.89 MB

Build date: 2009/1/13

Version: 1.1.0

changelog:

- Now a switchless installer

1.0.0a

- Compressed setup file to 1/3 the original size

- Initial release

Q: What is so different about this DirectX addon?

A: Previous addons excluded files that the web installer would download, so when you ran the web installer with those DirectX addons, it would still have files available to download; if you plan to keep your install for more than a month and stay up-to-date with the web installer, you will receive the missing files. This addon will "satisfy" the web installer, excluding Managed DirectX for .NET Framework.

This addon does not contain anymore superfluous files, of these are infs and security catalogs.

Q: But the DirectX Web Setup still needs to download some files. I have .NET installed.

A: Make sure you also have the DirectX for Managed Code AddOn.

Q: Why isn't d3dx10.dll included?

A: d3dx10.dll is only installed in Vista because it's only installed in Vista. XP or Server 2003 won't have this file.

Q: Do I need this addon with XP SP3?

A: These runtimes are not included in XP SP3, so you will still need the addon in SP3 if you needed it in SP2. Some games require certain runtimes, SP3 doesn't change this.

Q: How is the switchless installer built?

A: The DirectX switchless installer was built using NSIS. You can find the sources here if you wish to build or update it yourself.

DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer (Validation required)

Edited by redxii

• 2 months later...

many thanx. i always integrate with nlite these two earlier versions.

simply these new versions can not integrate with nlite. i've also tried with rvmintegrator 1.6 it seemed integrated but not.

how can i compile them for nlite, earlier files -7zip- and extract them for how could be compiled but i dont understand how i can do it for these new files. :sweatingbullets: :confused02:

many thanx. i always integrate with nlite these two earlier versions.

simply these new versions can not integrate with nlite. i've also tried with rvmintegrator 1.6 it seemed integrated but not.

how can i compile them for nlite, earlier files -7zip- and extract them for how could be compiled but i dont understand how i can do it for these new files. :sweatingbullets: :confused02:

Use this;

http://rapidshare.com/files/212884153/XFor...9-0309_Addon.7z

I didn't have a problem integrating it w/ RVM Integrator 1.6 or it installing during setup.

If you do not create a proper ISO/burning options it probably will not work. Microsoft uses 31 characters for filenames on their CDs, not 8.3. If you use 8.3 the name of the file will get truncated and svcpack.inf won't be able to find it.

I didn't have a problem integrating it w/ RVM Integrator 1.6 or it installing during setup.

If you do not create a proper ISO/burning options it probably will not work. Microsoft uses 31 characters for filenames on their CDs, not 8.3. If you use 8.3 the name of the file will get truncated and svcpack.inf won't be able to find it.

ok thanx anyway.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Redxii has joined the army and has no ime to update any of his work at present.

The link above by Dark Madness is to a package put togther by eksasol based on redxii's installer.

If you would like an alternative I have released a 32bit installer based on Code65536's work

at the following link here at WinCert: Microsoft DirectX Runtimes February 2010 (32bit)

Redxii has joined the army and has no ime to update any of his work at present.

The link above by Dark Madness is to a package put togther by eksasol based on redxii's installer.

If you would like an alternative I have released a 32bit installer based on Code65536's work

at the following link here at WinCert: Microsoft DirectX Runtimes February 2010 (32bit)