[Addon] Internet Explorer 8 ENU True Addon

kontini

quote --------------

@All

in addition, already updated the link of the RUN_Automatic_IE(7&8)_(XP&2K3)_Own_AddOn_Creator_INTL.exe, try the new RUN_Automatic_IE(7&8)_(XP&2K3)_Own_AddOn_Creator_INTL.exe

Ciao

--------------------------

Onepiece,

Does this addon maker, makes the addon to install with the switches like : /quiet /update-no /no-default /norestart ? Even with this new version of 12April, when I made the addon, with the "switchS.txt" inside the folder, It didn't create the "entries_IE8.ini. If, only the "IE8-WindowsXP-x86-xxx.exe" file and the "IE8-WindowsXP-KB968220-x86-xxx.exe" files are in the folder it works fine. (The names should be as above with xxx for Language. If the files are renamed to something else, then not working properly.)

I wonder how the Addons of Onepiece are only 11.x MB. When I create and zip it manually, it becomes 17.3MB. I don't have 7zip installed. Is it why, it is not making the archive automatically ?

br.

Edited by JOH

thanks for pointing that out, ok it was my fault because they forgot the fact that some people do not use 7-zip, already put in place even after downloading the file, and you will be ok.

for more, see images:

Off-Topic Comment(Click to Show)

RAIEOCINTL0.png

RAIEOCINTL1.png

RAIEOCINTL2.png

RAIEOCINTL3.png

[Close]

Edited by OnePiece

just tried

IE8-WindowsXP-x86-CHT.exe 16.1 MB (16,909,168 bytes) Hash MD5 = B6A1EA23D59C16219AA25FCE1FFE544E

IE8-WindowsXP-KB968220-x86-CHT.exe 501 KB (513,392 bytes) Hash MD5 = 4A87B269C5DBB7BD9584F39141DF3EED

and it works perfectly ?????

• 2 weeks later...
Hello Mimo, hmmm I do not know, I do not believe that the fault of the addon, because this addon and IE8 already in the update pack ita and enu, and no one found a problem so far hmmmm

Ciao.

Hi, been having the same 'Non 7-zip file' error issue with Mimo in comment #43, but with Greek version. So I think it has to do with the addon (or some requirement at least).

Can you please upload a ELL version of the addon? ...or if you figure out what might be wrong and need testing let me know.

Thanx in advance.

PS: here are the links for the Greek IE8:

IE8

kb968220

OnePiece IE8 WinXPSP3 AddOn ELL

tabdownload.png Updated (May 03-2009)

Hash MD5 8937EB9EA50FDE4BD3091A4FE6CB3B70

Filesize:11.2 MB

Thanx OnePiece, I would like to know where I've gone wrong though. Didn't you encounter the same issue when building it?

OnePiece IE8 WinXPSP3 AddOn CHT

tabdownload.png Updated (June 15-2009)

Hash MD5 09BCB5B3CA96C16D81EE1EEE0E75934F

Filesize: 11.1 MB (11683883 bytes)

OnePiece IE8 WinXPSP3 AddOn CHS

Hash MD5 335923C55C324E71CE80E46A9BDE6A0C

Filesize: 11.1 MB (11681166 bytes)

OnePiece IE8 WinXPSP3 AddOn JPN

Hash MD5 424D1AADD800822773C084A8510933A2

Filesize: 11.2 MB (11798502 bytes)

Edited by OnePiece

Thank you for the new Version. :)

But now (in Version 1.2.0) I cannot find the option (formerly in the folder options of the windows explorer) to create an icon on the desktop. I'm using OnePiece_IE8_WinXPSP3_AddOn_DEU.7z. Also a Desktop icon was not created automatically (if I interprete the changelog correctly).

Any idea? TIA, Mimo

Thx for the info. :)

Just a question, no critique: Why do you have changed the way to create a IE8-Desktop icon?

The (formerly) explorer-folder-options-method was a setting which each user can use - or not.

With the new option - installing (or removing) a windows component is a system-wide decision. If the first user will create a desktop icon, a second user has also this "component" installed but without having an icon.

I think there is a little conflict. The "old" (Version 1.1.0) behavior seems to be more consistent.

What do you think or what do you have in mind?

Thanks again :)

Edited by Mimo

Hello Mimo, I did not made, but it's Microsoft itself has done, I alone or added to the desktop icon because in winxpsp3 missing

if like that way, here's how to save entries_iedi.ini, and integrates with both nLite and with RVMi

Off-Topic Comment(Click to Show)
;by OnePiece

;###############################################################################

###############################################

;This section contains version information to nLite & RVM_Integrator;# entries_IE8.ini

;# Thank you to NUHI (www.nliteos.com) that with its Nlite Soft i'm inspired myself to create this IE8 AddOn

;# SPECIAL THANKS Nonno Fabio, and huge thanks to Siginet (http://www.siginetsoftware.com), and ricktendo64 (www.ricktendo.com)

;# Huge thanks N1K (http://WinCert.net) host this AddOn

;# Huge thanks to all guys of WinCert Forum and Eng2ITA Forum and RyanVM Forum

;# This file contains a list of all necessary entries to add in the various installation

;# files of Windows for the integration of OnePiece Internet Explorer 8 for Windows XP SP3 AddOn.

;###############################################################################

###############################################

;This section contains version info for nLite & RVM_Integrator

[general]

builddate=2009/05/13

description=OnePiece Internet Explorer 8 for Windows XP SP3 AddOn

forcelang=English

language=English

ServicePack=3

title=OnePiece Internet Explorer 8

version=2009

website=http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/ie/default.mspx

Windows=XP

[EditFile]

I386\IE.INF,IE.Tweaks.AddReg,IE_ARAtIE

[iE_ARAtIE]

;Internet Exlorer on your desktop ;;ricktendo64

HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Folder\InternetExplorerOnDesktop","Text",,"%MSIEXPLORE_DESC% on your desktop"

HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Folder\InternetExplorerOnDesktop","Type",,"group"

HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Folder\InternetExplorerOnDesktop","Bitmap",0x20000,"%%ProgramFiles%%\%LMSIE4%\iexplore.exe,7"

HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Folder\InternetExplorerOnDesktop\HIDEIEICON","RegPath",,"Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\HideDesktopIcons\NewStartPanel"

HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Folder\InternetExplorerOnDesktop\HIDEIEICON","Text",,"Do not show direct access to %MSIEXPLORE_DESC%"

HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Folder\InternetExplorerOnDesktop\HIDEIEICON","Type",,"radio"

HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Folder\InternetExplorerOnDesktop\HIDEIEICON","CheckedValue",0x10001,1

HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Folder\InternetExplorerOnDesktop\HIDEIEICON","ValueName",,"{871C5380-42A0-1069-A2EA-08002B30309D}"

HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Folder\InternetExplorerOnDesktop\HIDEIEICON","DefaultValue",0x10001,1

HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Folder\InternetExplorerOnDesktop\HIDEIEICON","HKeyRoot",0x10001,01,00,00,80

HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Folder\InternetExplorerOnDesktop\SHOWIEICON","RegPath",,"Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\HideDesktopIcons\NewStartPanel"

HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Folder\InternetExplorerOnDesktop\SHOWIEICON","Text",,"Show direct access to %MSIEXPLORE_DESC%"

HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Folder\InternetExplorerOnDesktop\SHOWIEICON","Type",,"radio"

HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Folder\InternetExplorerOnDesktop\SHOWIEICON","CheckedValue",0x10001,0

HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Folder\InternetExplorerOnDesktop\SHOWIEICON","ValueName",,"{871C5380-42A0-1069-A2EA-08002B30309D}"

HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Folder\InternetExplorerOnDesktop\SHOWIEICON","DefaultValue",0x10001,1

HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Folder\InternetExplorerOnDesktop\SHOWIEICON","HKeyRoot",0x10001,01,00,00,80

[Close]

Ciao.

Edited by OnePiece

hello Mimo, and all ok, but not only, or understood how to integrate this addon with HFSLIP, this addon works for what I know with nLite or RVMi, HFSLIP and does not incorporate a script addon not?, or I am wrong I in something.

however, to integrate this addon and everything true and other addon, I recommend using nLite or RVMi, applications are smarter and safer and more reliable than any other scritp.

what is more better interpret each file .INF that use true addon

Ciao.

Edited by OnePiece

• 2 weeks later...