[Addon] .NET framework 1.1-2.0-3.0-3.5 GDR/QFE TRUE addons

The addon should be placed in HFAAO folder.

Hello.

Hfslip wasn't integrate file. Maybe other file is needed in HFTOOLS or something?

I have installed xp on virtual PC (file integrated by nLite).

This addon isn't in add/remove programs.

Second question: if will be available new hotfix to net framework by windows update, that this addon will upgrade automaticly new hotfix or I have to do it manually?

Now i can't check becouse addon is fully updated.

I have installed xp on virtual PC (file integrated by nLite).

This addon isn't in add/remove programs.

All .Nets can be unistalled from Windows Component Wizard:

catturaph.png

this addon will upgrade automaticly new hotfix

Yes

Ciao.

Edited by OnePiece

Second question: if will be available new hotfix to net framework by windows update, that this addon will upgrade automaticly new hotfix or I have to do it manually?

Now i can't check becouse addon is fully updated.

Second answer ;) WU will update .net framework with new hotfixes in the same way, either you've integrated it in your source using this addon or you've installed it in running system using default installer.

Obviously, when new hotfixes will come out, an updated build of this addon will be released for your future integrations

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi nonno fabio, i find your work really awesome. Thanks for sharing it!

I have a question: Is your ".NET framework 1.1-2.0-3.0-3.5 TRUE addons" usable in a spanish XP as is? Or is there anything else necessary?

Thank you in advance, RMF

• 2 weeks later...

Hi nonno fabio, i just have some questions regarding your addon. First, is it ok to integrate them all in my windows xp cd, i mean if there will be a problem if a integarate them all? Second, is it compatible to use XPSP3_QFE_UpdatePack for Windows XP Post-SP3 by user_hidden along with your .net frameworks or will there be a conflict... Sorry for a noob question cause i really don't know what is QFE and GDR? another thing, is the .net 1.1 english or italian cause of ITA in it's name? Thank you in advance...

Edited by mutedchild

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Wonderful work! Thank you very much!

I installed it today and found that 3 updates for .NET Framework 3.5 were missing.

- Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5 Family Update for .NET versions 2.0 through 3.5 (KB951847) x86

- Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 on Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008 x86 (KB2416473)

- Update to .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 for the .NET Framework Assistant 1.0 x86 (KB963707)

Just thought you should know! Thanks!

Thank you for pointing this out.

If you integrate 3.5 family .net addon (and nothing else) in a clean XP SP3 ENU source, WU/MU shouldn't claim for nothing.

In non-english XP WU/MU asks only for 3.5 Language Pack. It can be added alongside .net 3.5 true addon using a Svcpack addon.

KB963707 is requested only when Firefox is present in your running system.

Thank you for pointing this out.

If you integrate 3.5 family .net addon (and nothing else) in a clean XP SP3 ENU source, WU/MU shouldn't claim for nothing.

In non-english XP WU/MU asks only for 3.5 Language Pack. It can be added alongside .net 3.5 true addon using a Svcpack addon.

KB963707 is requested only when Firefox is present in your running system.

Well, Firefox isn't installed on the system. Microsoft Update requested to install KB963707 anyway.... :confused02:

One question, though: If the add-on contains those fixes, shouldn't Microsoft Update be able to see them? I'm very much confused on this issue.... Not that it's a problem, mind you. It's a lot better than having to download a billion updates in order to get an up-to-date system! :rolleyes: I'll take 3 updates to a billion anyday....

here is to make a correction, the KB963707 is already present in addons, To be an honest to and spent a lot of time from the creation of dotnet35 True AddOn, i forget that there inside the addon, however already testing here by me, I do not see any problem ???

test performed in Windows XP SP3 ENU (clean) with Last Update Pack (that includes just this last dotnet35 true addon) inside, installed later from the desktop Firefox 5.0

wcdotnettest1.png

wcdotnettest2.png

wcdotnettest3.png

firefox and it seems that during the installation tracking Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.5\Windows Presentation Foundation\DotNetAssistantExtension\MicrosoftDotNetFrameworkAssistant.xpi, and automatically installs

wcdotnettest0.png

To be an 100% sure, that even non-ENU windows are OK, test performed in Windows XP SP3 ITA (clean) with Last Update Pack (that includes just this last dotnet35 true addon) inside, installed later from the desktop Firefox 5.0, Firefox 7 Beta, Firefox 8 BETA

wcdotnettest4.png

wcdotnettest5.png

here as in ENU, Firefox will automatically install the MicrosoftDotNetFrameworkAssistant.xpi

wcdotnettest6.png

sorry for my English, when enter online Nonno Fabio, explain everything better

Ciao a tutti.

Edited by OnePiece

This because you've integrated 3.0 family true addon instead of 3.5 one? Or you've actually chosen 3.5 family true addon and something unknown has "broken" its integration? In this case simply retrying on an untouched source often fixes the problem.

This because you've integrated 3.0 family true addon instead of 3.5 one? Or you've actually chosen 3.5 family true addon and something unknown has "broken" its integration? In this case simply retrying on an untouched source often fixes the problem.

Yeah, I integrated the 3.0 family true addon instead of 3.5....

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Please help me guys, I'm new at this.

Which "slipstreamer" should I use? nLite or RyanWM?

If I should use nLite, how to integrate? Like drivers, hotfixes, addons???

Which .NET pack should I download from the first post? To be more specific, which 3.5 version?

Those .NETs are with hotfixes?

Can you mark those links for me or put them in PM?

Oh, yeah! Same question is for .NET 4 as well in the another Topic.

And .NET 1.1 is in Italian language. Language is not important? I have Windows XP on english.

Please..........thanks in advance.

Btw, I'm using Windows XP PRO SP3.

Edited by Killjoy