[Tool] DX WinNT6.x True Integrator for Vista/7/8/8.1/10 32/64bit

You can use it to integrate hoftixes, updates, drivers, features and especially .cab addons (even in "true" mode") inside your Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8 source (only .cab addons can be integrated with DXI at this moment: no 7z, rar, etc.)

WinNT6.x True Integrator v1.0.1.2

tabdownload.png Update (18 December 2014)
Hash MD5 D2A6036C787226FEC545062DFB982F5F
Filesize: 1.75 MB (1841664 byte)

WinNT6.x True Integrator v1.0.1.2

Hash MD5 D2A6036C787226FEC545062DFB982F5F
Filesize: 1.75 MB (1841664 byte)

For Addon Makers: DX WinNT6.x True Integrator Addon Syntax

Existing XP True addons can be added by simply modifying the entries.ini file and adding [sysPrepOC] section, for example:

[SysPrepOC]CCleaner=advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection,CCleaner.inf,CCleaner

or

[SysPrepOC]Silverlight=setupapi.dll,InstallHinfSection,MSSlight.inf,Silverlight

XP Svcpack addons don't need any modification but they won't appear in Installed addon list view, however they can be installable/uninstallable same way of true addons.

Credits: Siginet http://www.ittechware.com has inspired this tool. Thanks also to Nuhi, Kelsenellenelvian, ricktendo64 and all the mates.
Thanks also to Stephen Podhajecki Eltorro (Author of XMLDomWrapper) per _XMLGetAllAttribIndex function and trancexx (Author of CRC32, MD4, MD5, SHA1 -for files) for _MD5ForFile function.

Changelog:
1.0.0.0: final release
1.0.0.1-20110518: improved/fixed entries.ini ReplaceFilesIfExist directive
1.0.0.2-20110519: improved/fixed Run(Pre/Post)SetupCommands directive process
1.0.0.4-20120415: fixed EN-GB visualization issue (thanks to gray); fixed wrong MsgBoxes; fixed addons integration issues in Vista; added full compatibility with Windows 8
1.0.0.5-20120430: fixed a bug which could causes issues with HCKU registry
1.0.0.6-20120716: fixed a bug with DirIDs
1.0.0.8-20130419: improved Windows 8 integration
1.0.0.9-20130925: added support to ADK v8.1
1.0.1.0-20131007: enable .net v3.5.1 install/uninstall in windows 8
1.0.1.1-20140512: improved Windows 8.1 compatibility
1.0.1.2-20141218: improved Windows 8.1 compatibility

• 2 months later...

11x.png

Onepiece's DX WinNT6.x True Integrator is a DISM (Deployment Image Servicing and Management) GUI, based on Microsoft command-line Dism.exe, default in Windows 7 (see here for info http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd744566(WS.10).aspx)

DX WinNT6.x True Integrator is full international: your system language is selected on start by default but if you have different languages you can force to start with needed one by adding the "language display name" in a /%LANG% switch, ie, if your Windows 7 has english and german langpacks add "/German" (without quotes) for german (switches list)

Once started, you must choose wim image path, mount directory and kind of image you want to modify, then press "Mount". DX Integrator can work also on a previously mounted image and automatically remount it only if needed.

Now DX WinNT6.x True Integrator can process all Windows editions (starter, home, pro, ultimate,...) in single WIM files. The edition to be mounted is the one highlighted in blue with your mouse. If you need to process other editions, then add a check in correspondant checkbox (in the example, #2 will be mounted and modified. When finished, automatically #1 and #3 will be processed at the same way)

22x.png

Important! you must click on "next" if you want to process all editions you've checked. If you click on "apply", only the edition higlighted in blue will be processed.

NB. For time/space saving reason Windows PE x64 is used in this video tutorial.

Next step you can enable and disable Windows features. Please be careful here, because if you choose to enable or disable unsupported features, your image will be damaged and become unusable, so you must unmount the image and mount it again. When done, press Apply to immediately apply the modifications to the image or Next to apply them at the end.

Then you can add packages like hotfixes and langpack. Both *.cab and *.msu are supported but it's better to use .cab files extracted from *.msu packages, because DISM.exe handles them more directly.

You can also uninstall from image an existing hotfix (listed in the upper packages list) by clicking on "state" column.

DX Integrator is also able to recognize file version and silently uninstall older hotfixes or deny obsolete ones installation.

The order of hotfixes integration can be changed and everything is checked when you press "apply". You can also check the correct integration of every single hotfix in image by switching "IGNORE-CHECK" (default) in "CHECK-STATE" but remember that this requires additional 20-40 seconds per hotfixes and now there are about 300 w7 official-unofficial hotfixes...

Now you can add drivers. The upper window lists existing third-party drivers which you can also choose to uninstall, in lower window you can add new drivers in your image (force unsigned driver to install option is activated by default)

to be continued...(?)

Edited by nonno fabio

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My friend, I have yet to try this, but I will very soon. Given the lack of addons for Windows 7, this should be very useful. I have used many of your and OnePiece's addons with XP recently. Thanks for all your hard work. OnePiece was recently assisting me with getting MCE updates integrated, and I was finally able to get all but one integrated. Your Universal addon maker was very helpful in integrating SP3 with MCE without breaking it.

I have one question about this one that I hope you can answer for me. You said,

"XP Svcpack addons don't need any modification but they won't appear in Installed addon list view, however they can be installable/uninstallable same way of true addons."

Can you elaborate a bit on this? I have gathered all my XP Svcpack cab addons (and converted some 7z addons to cab) and I am wondering what exactly this means. What is installed addon list view? Is that just part of this app? Will the addons show up in Revo Uninstaller and Add Remove Programs? Thank you.

Well, I attempted integration of several SVCPACK cab addons, only a few worked. Revo Uninstaller worked, but no shortcut in start menu all progs, Klite worked and Arcade Pack integrated but was broken. Java, Foxit Reader, IMGburn, DVDShrink, VLC, BurnAware Free and Cutewriter all failed to integrate. All were SVCPACK cab addons.

Well, I attempted integration of several SVCPACK cab addons, only a few worked. Revo Uninstaller worked, but no shortcut in start menu all progs, Klite worked and Arcade Pack integrated but was broken. Java, Foxit Reader, IMGburn, DVDShrink, VLC, BurnAware Free and Cutewriter all failed to integrate. All were SVCPACK cab addons.

The failed addon installation is not caused by DXI itself: see in C:\Windows\DXILOG.log if DXI has started every failed software setup. If yes but sw has not been installed there was a problem with own sw setup program and Windows 7. In this case it is suggested to don't use silent command and during setup installing everything one by one by clicking everytime on OK, so you can see what causes the stop.

True addons are suggested as they are handled just like Windows .cab or .msu updated and they are installable/uninstallable before and/or after installation directly in windows image. Svcpack addon can be uninstalled from image only before installation but after they're are executed they appear no more in Listview.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was thinking about adding XP addons support for W7T but not sure where to start lol :D

Keep up the good work! :)

EDIT: I came across a bug.

I select my WIM, then select the mount folder, then ticked a version but 'mount' and 'Next' won't enable.

Edited by Legolash2o

• 3 weeks later...

I have used this and another application to integrate driver packs into an unattended Vista disk, but it seems that the install freezes or gets slowed up dramatically after I enter the product key. Is there something that I'm doing wrong or is it not a feasible option to integrate multiple drivers in Vista?

Thanks for your help,

S

Edited by Sterlin

I think you're doing nothing wrong. Drivers and all the other stuff is integrated directly by DISM which is a Microsoft official tool, nothing better to do such a job. Sometimes it's faster, sometimes it's slower, it's not easy to find a reason.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi nonno !

I'm testin' info u gived >>>HERE<<< about addons compatible with Multiple Operating Systems. But no success.

I'm lookin' how to create an INF file compatible XP/7 to install an progie manually, using a [DefaultInstall] section. Can u give or create a sample to help me :help: ?

Thanx :welcome:

Edited by Ken@fri

Hi !

INF files links below :

>>> 1 <<<.

>>> 2 <<<.

Thanx.

inferror.png

[DefaultInstall.ntx86.X.X]

the OS version supports WinNT6.x True Integrator only, need to use other ways if you want to install it manually from the desktop

example in my addon, I use the

[CCleaner.State]

"%11%\cmd.exe /c REG QUERY ""HKLM\%KEY_WIN_CURVER%\Setup\Oc Manager\Subcomponents"" /v CCleaner || REG ADD ""HKLM\%KEY_WIN_CURVER%\Setup\Oc Manager\Subcomponents"" /v CCleaner /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f"

;; "%11%\cmd.exe /c REG QUERY ""HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion"" /v CurrentVersion || Rundll32.exe ect ect ect ect"

;;need to see well this last, because you must use the FOR ect ect

Ciao.

Edited by OnePiece

• 5 months later...

The WinNT6.x True Integrator works only on the Windows 7, Windows Vista and unfortunately almost obsolete, as we have seen also Dism in Windows 8 does not support more Windows Vista (strange but True Ehhhh), it is seen that for Microsoft Windows Vista and almost equal to the Windows XP ehhhhhhhh

so need to install Windows 7 in VM, and update them Windows Vista

Sorry for my English

Ciao.

PS: I strongly suggest try using the Windows 8 ;) ;) but needs to do so to be sure about older drivers ect ect

Edited by OnePiece