Update Installer

Legolash2o

The 'Update Installer' lets you integrate cab updates into your currently installed OS, i only use this when i've download an SoLoR update and want it install with QFE/LDR mode on my current install.

Installing Updates

post-10183-0-11500000-1332934699_thumb.p

Step 1: Add your CAB/MSU Files

Use the 'Add Files' button to add your cab files

Step 2: Click Start

Once your files have been added, click 'Start' and W7T will start installing the dpdates on your computer.

Step 3: Wait

Wait may take some time to install all the updates, so go for coffee, cup of tea or whatever you prefer. W7T will let you know when it's done, it will also prompt you if a restart is required.

Optional: QFE/LDR Mode

This is disabled by default, but when enabled W7T will install the 'update-bf.mum onto your computer which are experimental updates which don't normally get installed. I use this ALL the time :)

GDR packages contain only security and critical stability issue fixes.

LDR packages contain "other" fixes that have not undergone as extensive testing, and resolve issues that only a fraction of the millions of Windows users might ever encounter.

http://blogs.technet...fe-ldr-wth.aspx

Uninstalling Updates

post-10183-0-77508800-1332934697_thumb.p

Step 1: Press the scan button

This will check which updates are already installed via on your live system.

Step 2: Select the updates you want to remove

Tick the boxes next to the updates your want to remove, sometimes it does help to check updates which are marked as 'superseded' and remove those.

Step 3: Press 'Uninstall' and wait

Now all you have to do is sit back and wait for those obsolete updates to be removed, W7T will update the list once completed.

NOTE: If you use the QFE/LDR option then you don't have to integrate the 'LDR Placeholders'.

Edited by Legolash2o

• 3 years later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 years later...
On 16.08.2011 at 1:06 AM, Legolash2o said:

The 'Update Installer' lets you integrate cab updates into your currently installed OS, i only use this when i've download an SoLoR update and want it install with QFE/LDR mode on my current install.

Installing Updates

post-10183-0-11500000-1332934699_thumb.p

Step 1: Add your CAB/MSU Files

Use the 'Add Files' button to add your cab files

Step 2: Click Start

Once your files have been added, click 'Start' and W7T will start installing the dpdates on your computer.

Step 3: Wait

Wait may take some time to install all the updates, so go for coffee, cup of tea or whatever you prefer. W7T will let you know when it's done, it will also prompt you if a restart is required.

Optional: QFE/LDR Mode

This is disabled by default, but when enabled W7T will install the 'update-bf.mum onto your computer which are experimental updates which don't normally get installed. I use this ALL the time :)

http://blogs.technet...fe-ldr-wth.aspx

Uninstalling Updates

post-10183-0-77508800-1332934697_thumb.p

Step 1: Press the scan button

This will check which updates are already installed via on your live system.

Step 2: Select the updates you want to remove

Tick the boxes next to the updates your want to remove, sometimes it does help to check updates which are marked as 'superseded' and remove those.

Step 3: Press 'Uninstall' and wait

Now all you have to do is sit back and wait for those obsolete updates to be removed, W7T will update the list once completed.

NOTE: If you use the QFE/LDR option then you don't have to integrate the 'LDR Placeholders'.