Emsisoft Anti-Malware Giveaway!

NIM

We just can't stop giving away :)

This time, we are giving away 10 yearly licenses for Emsisoft Anti-Malware and Anti-Virus application.

post-1-0-33627600-1325102979.png

Here's what you get with Emsisoft Anti-Malware application...

Free: 2 scanners to clean infections: Anti-Malware + Anti-Virus!

· Not just any scanners, but a combination of two
world class
products - the Emsisoft Anti-Malware, and the Ikarus Anti-Virus engine. Latest tests approve that both are cutting edge in Malware detection.

· No doubling of the scan duration as would be the case with two separate scanning programs. Considerable
performance improvement
is possible thanks to the integration of the two engines on the lowest level.

· No double price - two top security products for the price of one.

scantype_220.png

customscan_220.png

3 guards: file guard, behavior blocker and surf protection

· Since version 5: The new, free configurable file guard compares all files that are downloaded or started with about 4 million patterns of known malicious software.

· Unlike conventional protection systems Emsisoft Anti-Malware does not only check files, but it also constantly monitors the behavior of all active programs and raises an alarm as soon as something suspicious happens.

· Typical ways of infection are disabled in advance. Websites that try to plant trojans or spyware or that offer deceptive contents are blocked by the surf protection.

· Signature updates at least 5 times per day, in combination with the zero-day protection of the behavior analysis this guarantees the best possible protection from new infections.

securitystatus_220.png

applicationrules_220.png

3 ways of Malware removal to clean every infection

· When a Malware infection is detected, the scanner puts the found objects under quarantine or deletes them finally.

· For tough problems our helpful Malware experts are at your disposal for free. With their step-by-step advises, any infection, no matter how resistant it is, can be purged - guaranteed.

· Anti-Malware holds plenty of advanced options for experts to detect and delete Malware manually. For this purpose the integrated system analysis tool HiJackFree is included, and helps you to have all processes, services, auto-runs, open ports, browser plug-ins and host entries under your control.

scanresult_220.png

autoruns_220.png

As always, all you have to do is to make a reply in this topic and request a license that you will receive in your PM.

Software can be downloaded here.

Emsisoft Anti-Malware is provides very good protection against various malwares. I am using its full free version.I am also using its free online armor firewall which is also very good.Thanks for Giveaway.Please count me in.I hope i will win its license.

Licenses sent. Have in mind that we now still have 7 licenses to give.

Please press LIKE if you are a Facebook user or give as plus on Google+ pages.

On the software, I am using it for the first time. I have switched from Microsoft Security Essentials which is good in my opinion, but not too good.

In several occasions I got a virus by e-mail and MSE couldn't recognize the threat, although bigger part of other AV programs did recognize the threat. Here's one example:

http://www.wincert.n...us-warning.html

What I like about MSE, it is light and runs quiet, you don't even now you have it, but as I said, it looks like it is slow with updating definitions for latest malware.

Emsisoft on the other hand is heavier on system resources and has high number of false positives. Other than that, it works pretty well and so far I am very satisfied. I am also using Emsisoft Online Protection Firewall.

Emsisoft Anti-Malware bundles two different Antivirus Engines named Ikarus and Emsisoft that provide robust protection.

Very HIGH detection rates with some false positives on the way, and of course without HIGH RAM usage.

Let us know your thoughts..

P.S. Hopefully we will get 10 licenses for Online Armor too :)

"Very HIGH detection rates with some false positives on the way, and of course without HIGH ram usage.

Let us know your thoughts.."

I would agree that it has a very high detection rate much better than most popular competitors, apart from very many fp's, on my machine it has a very high peak memory consumption (the highest i've seen among the multi-engine antimalware) though during idle it's uses a minumum memory resouce (shouldn't be higher than 70MB).

2GB of memory is the minumum requirement for most computers.

With the new improved 6.0 it's has a very low disk I/O and CPU cycles which matter the most, there was almost no impact on system resources with very fast updates and both malware protection and prevention. The program has a much reduced impact on boot times. I have not seen any slow down during my web browsing on a dial up connection which is excellent, likewise most popular competitors have noticeable effect when comes to webpage usability.

According to Emsisoft it has improves the speed of its scanning engine (with a new multithreaded scanning engine) up to 450% on average which i've noticed the difference but not likely the speed which it is advertised. I wouldn't blame Emsisoft, it's scanners is fast enough to my liking as unlike other competitors that compensate speed for a lesser security. EAM does scans your system more throughly by looking at the files counts. A reputation-based system allows the program to avoid scanning trustworthy files until they change.

Elsewhere, the program now accesses your drives directly, enabling it to bypass file-based rootkits with ease.

It didn't find any false postives in my system unlike on the previous version (5.1) i've tested which isn't good enough.

There are a host of usability improvements all around the package this includes the groups of settings, like the file extensions you'd like Anti-Malware to scan, now come with a "Reset Defaults" option so you can restore the initial settings. EAM allow you to choose between performance or protection, you have 3 choices (scan before executed, scan additionally when created + modified, and scan additionally when read). EAM alternatively possess (Surf Protection) an HOST rules component containing Black Listed domains similar to Hostman and some safe domains are agressively block by default. This can be adjustable through the configuration, otherwise Hostman with MVPS host lists will be a good replacement.

Experience user can make full use of the Hijack Free module.

It is a process/services/autoruns/ports monitor that allow an user to check what happening in his system and terminate or delete illegitimate processes and files.

Hijack Free module can also be found in its Emsisoft Emergency Kit (malware removal kit) which are available for free.

"I received a reply from Microsoft and they confirmed this threat this threat is classified as TrojanDownloader:Win32/Bredolab.AC.

A downloader trojan accesses remote websites in an attempt to download and install malicious or potentially unwanted software.

Microsoft Security Essentials, virus definitions might not be updated automatically.

It may seems to be good on resoure with good detection."

MSE is pretty basic antimalware, don't assume it will wholely protect it's user.

How many times does it automatically update its definitions?

Hourly, daily? I won't rely on a free antimalware that do its update on weekly basis.

The last time i've used, it has very very slow scans which keeps me away from using it.

Emsisoft Anti-Malware won't have a problem protecting its user from this kind of trojan variant.

Even if it failed to detect, it's in built Behaviour Based protection guard (Mamutu) can automatically block this trojan from making further damage to the system.

"P.S. Hopefully we will get 10 licenses for Online Armor too :) "

Online Armor is a efficient Firewall with HIPS (Program Guard) component. I don't say this out of flattery and it's one the best.

I'm not sure about Online Armor anti-excutable capability aside from its keylogger preventives.

Alternatively BlueRidge AppGuard is the best anti-executable in my opinion that will stop any malicious intent at its core.

Upon installation of OA a wizard will be launched and will check all your system for unrecognized files.

OA's "Learning mode" feature of this software will put an ease to user decisions with their applications as whitelisted ones will not generate a pop-up.

From my personal experience security programs which has a HIPS and Behavior Blocker is best for advance user,

while less experience user may have difficulty to judge the "pop-up prompts" they decide to make which can allow these malware access to their computer without realizing it.

To sum it up all, Emsisoft Anti-Malware 6.0 is a software that offers excellent protection combined with an acceptable low system resources usage with both great malware prevention and detection. By having Emsisoft Online Armor and AntiMalware together it will keep a clean computer clear of active malware, at the same time protects the system both online and offline, which cloud based dependent antimalware lacks.

I would like to thanks N1K and Emsisoft for the oppurtinuty in having the free full 1 year license. :thumbsup_anim: