[Release] DriverGrabber 2.0 - One Click Driver Backup!

Siginet

Not sure if this is the right location for this....

OK... you asked for it.... so here it is!!!

DriverGrabber 2.0 Beta 7

This is a One Click Driver Backup Solution.

Very simple to use...

Run the "DriverGrabber 2.0.exe" and watch it Grab all of the drivers from your system and place them into a "Drivers" folder!

It now even grabs drivers that are no longer in use... For instance... a Printer Driver that is no longer physically connected to your system while you perform a backup.

Also... you can now use DriverGrabber on a Windows PE disk like LiveXP! It auto detects if it is being executed in a PE environment... it will attempt to auto detect the Windows Drive you wish to backup as well.

Download:

http://integrator.si...p?addons&id=242

Beta 5:

Fixed - A few bugs in the code causing DriverGrabber to fail finding the correct path to grab some driver files.

Changed - DriverSearch is now set to Off by default. If anyone has issues with backups I suggest they try to turn DriveSearch on and then post their log on the forum so I can make sure their drivers are properly backed up in a future release of DriverGrabber. We are still in Beta... and I'd like to have DriverGrabber functioning as well as I can without the need for DriveSearch.

Please test this version of DriverGrabber out and report back any issues. When reporting issues please try to post your DriverGrabber.log file to help narrow down a problem. If you get a "Not Found!" error on a specific file that can not be grabbed... please run a search on your entire system to verify the file even exists anywhere on your computer.

Edited by Siginet

Tested it on Windows 7 x86 and it looks like it grabbed pretty much all drivers

BTW a suggestion, did you know in Vista/7 the drivers are backed up/stored in \Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository?

I was thinking for Vista/7 wold it not be easier to use md5 or some way to match oem#.inf with the inf in the DriverStore and simply copy/rename the entire driver folder (and delete the PNF)?

Just a thought...for XP use this current method

What I will do is use the DriverStore first during backup in the next release. Which will show most files being Grabbed from DriverStore. Then in the log we will see which drivers are not found in DriverStore. It could be that the files not found in DriverStore are not needed.... but I figured it's better to be safe than sorry when it comes to backing up drivers. ;)

Thanks for the input!

I run it on normal XP

Trying to check my EPSON T10 printer driver.

DriverGrabber 2.0 only grab 5 files.

But the Driverstore folder also has a subdir WINVISTA_XP_2K (which contains 73 files)

Looks like DriverGrabber ignore some files. Correct? I look at the E_DF1EBS.INF

It requires a lot more files to install for XP. (I am looking at [EPNDRVXP.nt] section)

I attach a screenshot for your ref

seA7x.png

(DriverGrabber.log as DriverGrabber.txt)

(E_DF1EBS.inf as E_DF1EBS.txt)

DriverGrabber.txt

E_DF1EBS.txt

Updated!

Beta 5:

Fixed - A few bugs in the code causing DriverGrabber to fail finding the correct path to grab some driver files.

Changed - DriverSearch is now set to Off by default. If anyone has issues with backups I suggest they try to turn DriveSearch on and then post their log on the forum so I can make sure their drivers are properly backed up in a future release of DriverGrabber. We are still in Beta... and I'd like to have DriverGrabber functioning as well as I can without the need for DriveSearch.

• 3 weeks later...

Beta 7 is online now as well!

I will also be releasing my Data Backup utility (With Drivers backup) soon as well. Just a few more changes and it will be ready for a public release.

It's a great Utility for backing up needed Data from a computer before reinstalling the system and works in both a live system and a Preinstallation Environment like BartPE or LiveXP.

• 2 weeks later...

tried again with beta 7 with DriveSearch=On

Now only grab my EPSON WorkForce320 printer. It doesn't grab my EPSON T10 printer driver.

And DriverGrabber grab EPSON WorkForce320 printer with only 3 files, which I know is not true. There should be more files .

The final folder has only "image" folder. Compared to my post #5, these folders are missing after running beta 7

1.Modem

2.Net

3.Ports

4.Printer

5.USB

See Attach

1. ewmdm2k.inf as ewmdm2k.txt for EPSON WorkForce320 printer

2. DriverGrabber.log as DriverGrabber.txt

Kind regards

ewmdm2k.txt

DriverGrabber.txt