UltraISO SFX & AddOn Maker

mooms

I've replaced the AddOn and the SFX by a maker.

UltraISO needs to be registered and you should use the retail installer, not the one found in public download, see the readme in the archive.

See the embedded Readme file for detailed instructions.

UltraISO_SFX_Maker_1.2.7z
MD5: 3849d173d5593df6f505dddb99bb40f6
SHA-1: 4715557ff6c0fd2fb4344f18581ffaa6588b2507
Size: 644 KB

• 1 year later...

Updated to 9.6.0.3000

Changelog:

+) Can edit ISO images of Windows 8.1 x64 with EFI boot record
+) Improved writing disk image feature, massive speed boost for preparing files procedure, and can create bootable flash drive from more ISO images including Fedora 18, webc-19.1, SSD firmware images from Lenovo, etc.
+) Supports PCI-e SD/MMC card reader
*) Fixed a bug with writing new SanDisk Extreme and Blade series USB flash drive
*) Fixed a bug with handling some .WAV files
*) Can detect and use Nero 12, Roxio 10 and ImgBurn as default burning software
*) Some minor improvements and bug fixes

• 1 month later...

Hi, @mooms,

Thanks for the useful work.

But the sfx maker does not create a virtual drive in installation process. Moreover, it is not possible to create a virtual drive with Ultraiso afterwards.

If possible, it will be nice to have a virtual drive during installation in the system. B)

Edited by oguz

Hi oguz,

It's disabled by default because I think VirtualCloneDrive is better than UltraISO for this job (and UISO can pilot VCD).

Anyway, it's possible to keep the Desktop icon and/or the Virtual Drive with a switch (or modifying the config file in the bin folder).

As I said:

Hi oguz,

It's disabled by default because I think VirtualCloneDrive is better than UltraISO for this job (and UISO can pilot VCD).

Anyway, it's possible to keep the Desktop icon and/or the Virtual Drive with a switch (or modifying the config file in the bin folder).

As I said:

Ahh sorry! I did not see the switches you gave for virtual drive create. :doh:

The last time i tested your VirtualCloneDrive, it asked for user approval (check box) for setup "xxx.driver" to the system during installation. It necessitated manual "ok". So, the instant process was not silent. I did not prefer because of this. Is the situation the same?

Is it possible to make driver setup approval auto or silent?

Edited by oguz

The last time i tested your VirtualColneDrive, it asked for user approval (check box) for setup "xxx.driver" to the system during installation. It necessitated manual "ok". So, the instant process was not silent. I did not prefer because of this. Is the situation the same?

Is it possible to make driver setup approval auto or silent?

This should not be the case.

The SFX of Virtual Clone Drive silently import the cert of Slysoft precisely to avoid the "Driver approval" pop-up.

Please test again and report the results (with useful infos like OS used)  in appropriate thread.

• 2 weeks later...

In the command used to execute the SFX.

If you want to do it manually (for testing the install)

With command prompt (you can also write the command in a text file and change the file extension to *.cmd)

post-16421-0-58477800-1391461746_thumb.p

Other way: create a shortcut and edit the target to add the switch, then run the shortcut.

post-16421-0-26085000-1391461740_thumb.p

You can also edit the file uiso.cfg  (located in the bin folder of the maker) to make the default install the one you want. (see 7zip sfx help).

just one question of interest:- what line in the .cfg file can I edit to make/create a virtual drive ?

OR

is the Addon already with a virtual drive? ( I would prefer a maker which any newbie can use without any hassle that can create a virtual drive since many of us prefer this app to VirtualCloneDrive, afterall all will be done at once in one app instead of 2 Apps)

Thank you

Edited by qwesta

If you had read the readme file from the maker, you would have know that there are 3 switches for four different install scenarios:

No switch: no desktop icon and no virtual drive
-ai no desktop icon but virtual drive
-ai1 no virtual drive but desktop icon
-ai2 virtual drive and desktop icon

The command used if no switch used is

uiso.exe /VERYSILENT /SP- /MERGETASKS="!desktopicon,!isodrive"

As I said you can edit uiso.cfg to change the default install if you don't want to use any switches for executing the SFX.

FYI, VCD handle more formats than UISO virtual drive.

• 1 year later...