LED VS Halogen

NIM

Has anyone tried this LED lamp?

Philips Master LEDspot GU10 7W

I have a lot of 50W halogen GU10 lamps in my apartment and I would like to replace those with LED, but I'm not sure if LED is strong enough to replace halogen lamps. LED is still very expensive.

Ok, so what would you suggest lego? I think that Philips Master LEDspot GU10 7W is around 16-18 pounds on ebay. Here in Croatia they are way to expensive. They cost more than 50$ a piece :(

Those eBay ones are fine (Philips) from eBay, i was referring to the cheap ones from the likes of China.

Something you might do is try to compare the lumens that each light outputs, supposing that information is put in the description of the light. I know the LED lights sold at Wal-mart have that feature and I can use that to purchase the brightest light at the cheapest cost.

halogens get hot. very hot. but they are bright light led but have much shorter lifespan.

leds supposedly last like 50 years but yeah they're very expensive. where i live we switched to cfl bulbs. they dont give off clear/pure light like halogen or led but they also dont get as hot like halogen, and are pretty cheap. i think any technology you choose has pros and cons, and you basically pick something you're willing to live with.

i've seen a few halogen hybrids http://www.engadget.com/2010/10/21/ge-introduces-hybrid-bulb-with-both-halogen-and-cfl-elements/ have never used any.

Edited by ccl0

• 4 months later...
Guest Lukes

Light-emitting diodes (LED) represent an energy-efficient alternative to traditional incandescent lighting without the disposal concerns of compact fluorescent lighting. There are a number of features to consider when comparing this new technology to incandescent light bulbs. 

• 11 months later...

Light-emitting diodes (LED) represent an energy-efficient alternative to energia traditional incandescent lighting without the disposal concerns of compact fluorescent lighting. There are a number of features to consider when comparing this new technology to incandescent light bulbs. 

LED is much better in comparision to traditional lighting.. It last long and consume very less power..

Edited by JackManke