Banned from joining IP Address

AceMagoo

I tried to join your site using the normal sign-up method but was rejected with a message saying that my IP address was banned due to SPAM. I'm in the Philippines currently and do have this problem sometimes on forums. Since IP addresses are often dynamic not static I assume that some sites have a blanket policy of banning all Philippine users. Seems a little unfair to punish a whole country :(

Anyways I was able to join using my Facebook account but I really don't like that as I normally keep it pretty private. I looked through settings, added a password and tried logging on using my email address, then my user name and the password to no avail. I really would like to dissociate my Facebook account with your site (my interest in your site makes it the only site I would even consider breaking my rule for), but don't see a way of joining without it.

Any suggestion?

Hello AceMagoo,

we are sorry for you having this issues.

Due to an increased SPAM activity, we have implemented SPAM check and protection by implementing Stop Forum Spam module for IPB that checks the SFS DB during the new member registration process.

You have this problem on each forum that uses the same SFS DB queries.

Please contact Stop Forum Spam staff and explain that you are not a spammer.

Regards,

Nik