Help Needed to Modify a Windows 7 Image.

erikfig

Hello All,

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this but...

I have a Windows 7 Image that whenever I install, it install Adobe Reader9 and some other old apps. How can I remove Adobe 9 and the old apps? Do I do this with the wim file?

Also, how do I add the new aps I need to this imae? Adobe Reader  11, Flash 11 and Java 7 etc...

I'm sorry as well.  But since this "Windows 7 Image" has extra non-MS stuff on it, and since you don't know how to remove them you apparently didn't put them on there yourself, so I am assuming that this image did not come from a legitimate approved distribution channel so it is in all likelihood "warez".  We will not help you with that in any way per our board policies.  Please read the forum rules.  If you believe this is incorrect in your case, please explain exactly what the disk/image is,where you obtained it and any other information that you think will help your case.

Cheers and Regards

I'm sorry as well.  But since this "Windows 7 Image" has extra non-MS stuff on it, and since you don't know how to remove them you apparently didn't put them on there yourself, so I am assuming that this image did not come from a legitimate approved distribution channel so it is in all likelihood "warez".  We will not help you with that in any way per our board policies.  Please read the forum rules.  If you believe this is incorrect in your case, please explain exactly what the disk/image is,where you obtained it and any other information that you think will help your case.

Cheers and Regards

Sure.

This image belongs to a small business client of mine that I provide support to. The image was created by their old IT tech way back. I can create a new answer file and built a new image from scratch but I'm trying to save time and headaches. So I figure I may ask here and see if this tool can help me do the job. I don't support Piracy.

Thanks for the replay though.

... The image was created by their old IT tech way back. I can create a new answer file and built a new image from scratch but I'm trying to save time and headaches. So I figure I may ask here and see if this tool can help me do the job.

Which tool? And do you know how the old IT Tech added the old apps back when? ie what form they are in and exactly where they are?

Cheers and Regards

... The image was created by their old IT tech way back. I can create a new answer file and built a new image from scratch but I'm trying to save time and headaches. So I figure I may ask here and see if this tool can help me do the job.

Which tool? And do you know how the old IT Tech added the old apps back when? ie what form they are in and exactly where they are?

Cheers and Regards

I ended up creating a new .wim image just to get a fresh install. Can you tell me if I can manage user accounts using the .wim file and Win Toolkit?

For example: My image will be unattended. Let's say I create anew .wim image and I forget to add some user accounts. Can I use the WTK to add/remove local users?

Sorry, I'm not much of an expert on Win Toolkit.  If you can't do it with Win Toolkit directly, I would think you might could do it through an answer file.  I suggest starting a thread with Win Toolkit questions in the Win Toolkit subforum.  Good Luck!  

Cheers and Regards

Sorry, I'm not much of an expert on Win Toolkit.  If you can't do it with Win Toolkit directly, I would think you might could do it through an answer file.  I suggest starting a thread with Win Toolkit questions in the Win Toolkit subforum.  Good Luck!  

Cheers and Regards