Addon Removal.

symbios24

Hello i would appreciate how someone can tell me how to remove programs add-ons i added with nlite,the option remove components from nlite removes only windows components does not shows me for example the dvd shrink or the defraggler i add so i can remove them. :g:

???

Simply not adding them when you rebuild doesn't work because ... ?

Running nLite again over a source that you have already run nLite on before is not typically recommended.  It is almost always better to start over.

Cheers and Regards

• 1 month later...

bphlpt, i want to remove internal (inf) addons  from my xp iso is it possible?? for example this one:

http://www.wincert.net/forum/topic/8190-addon-microsoft-net-framework-aio-roe-x86-20131008/

i removed the netAIO.in_ and the netAIO.ex_ located in the iso and save the changes to the iso but in the windows setup it says the netaio.exe/netAIO.in_ is missing. i cannot make the iso from the begining it will take me ages to do it all over, so i`m asking how to remove succefully this internal framework addon without re-create the iso from scratch.

UPDATE

i managed to remove the entries from the DOSNET.INF and the SYSOC.INF and save them just the way they were but still in the setup is asking for the netAIO.inf  file any ideas in what other files it has entries?

thanks

I ask again:

Simply not adding them when you rebuild doesn't work because ... ?

Running nLite again over a source that you have already run nLite on before is not typically recommended.  It is almost always better to start over.

Even if it would take awhile to do, it would take less time than the 35 days since I last suggested it to you. :)

I know of no specific instructions to give you even if you did want to try to do this. I'll let someone else comment if they have any ideas, but since no else has commented on this thread I wouldn't hold your breath. Good luck in your efforts.

Cheers and Regards

thanks a lot i manage to find this of my own after a lot of search and now another thing if someone know

i have an unattended version of windows xp that has some scripts to set/change the windows boot-splash screen with another one but the script it does not change it it sets the old-normal xp boot screen the main script file is a tune-up utilities styler file aka ".tbs " that has stored the boot screen i want to set, i`m posting the setup file that icludes all the files/scripts to change the boot screen by using tune-up styler a part of tune up utilities 2009 its a post install file, in hope that someone can help me to fix or if someone knows how to replace the main windows xp boot screen from the xp installation so after install it will have the modified screen.thanks

link to the file:

http://www.filedropper.com/install_18

thanks a lot i manage to find this of my own after a lot of search ...

So, to save anyone else from also having to do a lot of search, what did you find?  How were you able to do it successfully?  Can you tell us and/or share a link to what you found?  I would love to be proved wrong.

Cheers and Regards

thanks a lot i manage to find this of my own after a lot of search ...

So, to save anyone else from also having to do a lot of search, what did you find?  How were you able to do it successfully?  Can you tell us and/or share a link to what you found?  I would love to be proved wrong.

Cheers and Regards

i dive into the xp cd and found step by step the exact files to change so i can to remove the internal add-on that the boys up mention.