• EXE to MSP Converter: 100%
  • Language Pack Converter: 100%
  • MSU to CAB Converter: 100%
  • USB Boot Preparation: 98%
  • ISO Maker: 98%
  • WIM Manager: 30%
Edited by Legolash2o

v2.0.0.15 has been released.

• Hopefully fixed white bar and black tooltips - caused be obfuscation of the main *.exe

The obfuscation tool I used was causing this and I'm hoping it also caused the weird black tooltips to be displayed when text was too big. I decided to only obfuscate the .dll (the important part) and leave the main .exe un-obfuscated as there isn't any special code in there anyway.

• More convert text is translatable.
    <system:String x:Key="Global-00000045">Please select a folder. (Step 2).</system:String>    <system:String x:Key="Global-00000046">No directory selected.</system:String>    <system:String x:Key="Global-00000047">Cleaning...</system:String>    <system:String x:Key="Global-00000048">Preparing...</system:String>    <system:String x:Key="Global-00000049">converted...</system:String>    <system:String x:Key="FrmLMM-00000008">items converted</system:String>

v2.0.0.16 released.

• Converters fully localizable.
    <system:String x:Key="Global-00000050">There are no items in the queue.</system:String>    <system:String x:Key="Global-00000051">No Items</system:String>    <system:String x:Key="Global-00000052">You need to select an output folder.</system:String>    <system:String x:Key="Global-00000053">No Output Selected</system:String>    <system:String x:Key="FrmLMM-00000001">Select the output folder where the converted files will be stored.</system:String>

v2.0.0.18 released.

• Win Toolkit will not longer crash when a translation is not found

Replace a line of code 'FindResource' with 'TryFindResource'. This no longer causes a crash and will show the english translation if a translation is not found.

• Fixed missing translation on Converters
    <system:String x:Key="Global-00000054">items in queue.</system:String>

v2.0.0.20 released.

This was only happening on non-English Windows and when the translated text is too big. I have forced the background to a certain colour rather than the bugged black which it set on its own.

• 'items in queue' not updated on deletion

When an item was removed from the conversion queue. The 'xx items in queue' was not updated. I've simply added the line of code to fix that.

• Not all items got added (threading issue)

When you tried to add lots of updates to the conversion queue. Some where missing. This was caused when 2 items where being added to the queue at exactly the same time meaning on one got saved. I've added a 'lock' mechanism to prevent this and it seems to work. Nothing complicated really. 

• Localization changes

'Open Explorer' was changed due to user feedback.

<system:String x:Key="Global-00000012">Open Output Folder</system:String>

v2.0.0.21 released.

• Fixed issue when both autoheight and autowidth is enabled.

It would have only done one or the other but not both. the tool will also slight center itself when one of the options is enabled. Otherwise, the main menu would go off the screen.

• Fixed Options not remembering settings when switching tools.

If I ticked Get MD5, close the form, and then re-open it. The default value was present. This was caused because each time a tool is opened, it always used the default settings rather than the existing.

• Re-fixed delete button on conversion

​After some experimenting. I forget to un-comment some code which allow deleting single items from the queue list.

• Duplicate items with same name are not added

Since the update catalog can contain the same updates but in different folders (not in my control). When adding new items, Win Toolkit will attempt to remove any items with the same name. No point converting essentially the same update twice.

• Converter will show X next to ones which did not convert.

I've made it so the updates get extracted to a sub-folder and then moved to the output folder. This allows me to detect if that specific update has been extracted correctly or not.

• Restore default in Options now works.

You can now restore to default options in the 'Options' menu.

• Localization changes
  <system:String x:Key="FrmMain-00000053">Converts *.EXE version of Windows language packs into *.cab files so that they can be integrated.</system:String>

v2.0.0.22 released

• Unavailable tools disabled and minimized.

Only the tools which are available for testing are visible and enabled. This is to reduce confusion. As each tool becomes ready, it will be enabled.

• Added Max Threads option in Options

This gives you guys the opportunity to control how many threads Win Toolkit can use. The default value is number of logical processors minus 1. Lowest being 1.

• Added message on restore default

Seemed like common sense to have a warning before resetting your preferences.

• Localization changes.
    <system:String x:Key="Global-00000055">Are you sure?</system:String>    <system:String x:Key="FrmOptions-00000011">Threading</system:String>    <system:String x:Key="FrmOptions-00000012">Max Threads</system:String>    <system:String x:Key="FrmOptions-00000013">Determines the maximum amount of threads Win Toolkit can use.</system:String>    <system:String x:Key="FrmOptions-00000014">All settings and preferences will be restored to their default value.</system:String>    <system:String x:Key="FrmOptions-00000015">This can not be undone!</system:String>

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

UPDATE: Build 2.0.5535.32071 released.

There's a new test build up with USB Boot Prep about 90% completed and WIM Manager about 30% completed lol. You will also notice that the drop down buttons such as on the donate list have been fixed.

USB Boot Prep:

• Extract ISO
  • Copy Folder
  • Messages need localizing

Known Bugs:

• None

Expect a new build tonight (GMT), with USB Boot Prep and ISO Maker finally finished off and fully translatable.

UPDATE: Decided to release 2.0.5546.22023 now :)

Next tools to be worked on is WIM Manager, then quickly followed by WIM Registry Editor.

• 2 months later...

The final report has now been completed and handed in, which means no more paper work, just pure coding. To ease myself back into the tasks, today will be spent updating the updateCache.db file and the exclusive ISOs :)
EDIT: Feels strange actually programming again. Got a lot to catch up on :P

• 3 weeks later...

2.0.5642.1187 released.

• FIX: Fixed an issue adding drivers to the list.
  • FIX: WTK did not retrieve any information for CAB updates.
  • NEW: WIM Manager can now load, mount and unmount wim images.
  • Updated code for installing drivers and updates on live system

PLEASE TEST

• Can users please test installing updates on a live system on Windows 7 or 8, and also drivers too.
  • Creating an ISO.

Thanks.

EDIT: Don't worry about the lack of Lang files, nothing really new to translate.

2.0.5646.40639 available.

• AIO Integrator interface has been started. Feedback would be nice :)

KNOWN ISSUES

• AIO Integrator

When you open up AIO Integrator and select current, it will NOT be available next time. Also from that point onwards, Updates/Driver Installer can't be opened. This is because a flag is set to TRUE but does not get set to FALSE when AIO Integrator (Current) closes.

• ISO Maker Crash

When you click Create ISO, it crashes after the calculator, it is not known what causes this so further investigation will be required.

• WIM Manager / AIO Integrator translations

It is not yet possible to translate the two tools yet. This will hopefully be done by tomorrows release.

2.0.5647.42687 released.

KNOWN ISSUES

• ISO Maker Crash

When you click Create ISO, it crashes after the calculator, it is not known what causes this so further investigation will be required.

• WIM Manager / AIO Integrator translations

It is not yet possible to translate the two tools yet. This will hopefully be done by tomorrows release.