Update Integration to Win 7 x64

Andreas Torno

Hello, I am new here and also new to Win Toolkit, so please be pationed with me :)
And please excuse me for my english.

I have downloaded updates with WHDownloader and integrated them (all Updates from General, Hotfix and Security folders; 460 updates) with All-In-One-Creater to the installation image. After this install.wim is almost 3.7 GB in size. Afterward I have installed this windows image to virtual machine and have checked for available updates. There were 117 important and 49 optional updates evailable. To double check i have installed win7 SP1 without any additional updates and checked for updates; the result was the same 117 and 49. I would love to provide you with additional information, but I don't know what is necessary, so please ask :)

The second issue: if i add the same updates to the image again, it is not checked if those updates are integrated allready and they are added again (instal.wim grows). Is it desireble behavior?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Which iso image are you using to start with? For example, I am using the Win7 SP1 x64 Ultimate iso. The image contains Home Basic, Home Premium, Professional and Ultimate. You have to select all the images you want to integrate. I only use Ultimate, so I just integrate to Ultimate. If I then install from that integrated iso, and picked Professional instead of  Ultimate, I will see what your are seeing: no updates were integrated.

Check which image you are integrating to.

clark.

• 1 month later...

How can i integrate updates to WIN7 x64 Ultimate and Pro?  In my case, when i choose these two images, Wintoolkit add updates for every images in separate process and when everything is finished i cannot burn compilation properly. My installation disk is much smaller than image which was made by wintoolkit.