Releases

Legolash2o

Which would you guys prefer?

• Release every Saturday with multiple new features/enhancements but more testing done by me.

OR

• A new release after each individual new addition but with less testing from me. Possibly multiple a day or sometimes every other day depending on how big a particular feature is.

I think it should be what works better for you, giving you better feedback to allow you to progress faster.  At the beginning, assuming you can get enough folks to do active testing and give good feedback, it might help you more to get more eyes looking at it quicker on different systems to discover potential problems, so release after every addition.  But if that is more confusing or annoying for you, then release once a week.  Strictly from a user perspective, once a week is better - less chance of confusion that they are using the latest version, and with more testing by you hopefully the additions are smoother.  But for the new v2 version, since the v1 version is relatively stable, I think you should do what is best for you.  Bottom line, whichever way ends up getting a better finished product to the user quicker, is what will be best for the user in the long run.

Cheers and Regards

Liam, I know you are concentrating on v2, as you should, but is there any chance of any minor updates to v1, such as moving appropriate updates to RunOnce or other update rearrangements?  If you are not already, you should take a quick look at http://www.wincert.net/forum/topic/12103-10-juin-2015-update-list-gdr-pour-windows-7-sp1-x86x64-fr-en-de-es-it/ on a regular basis for it's lively discussion and problems/issues that are being fine tuned every month.  Any help for Win Toolkit doing things more automatically would be much appreciated.  I would assume that whatever then is found to work correctly in v1 will directly transfer to v2, so it wouldn't be wasted time on your part. :)

Cheers and Regards

Unfortunately I can't read the language on that link but I shall browse the v1 topics tomorrow and see what I can do.

I understand, but many folks post in that thread in English, including Thiersee, Pink_Freud, X-Force, dareckibmw, abbodi1406, me, and others. Any post in English is always responded to in English by rhahgleuhargh or whoever else might know the answer. And of course there is always Google Translate if necessary. :) Just take a look at the last page or two of the thread to see what I mean. Thanks in advance for your attention.

Cheers and Regards