Win7x64 Home Premium with updates - 8.6GB ISO?

Samsunday

I've spent a whole day trying to make a slipstreamed Windows 7x64 ISO with Wintoolkit. The actual integration of 200 odd updates seems to go fine over 2hrs 20 mins.

But the Wintoolkit ISOmaker always produces a huge ISO : 8.6GB, from 4.3GB files in the working folder. And choosing to rebuild the image or not makes an ISO exactly the same size!

I started with a Windows 7x64 SP1 ISO, and I've followed the instructions here to integrate updates. http://www.wincert.net/forum/topic/12103-16-juin-2015-update-list-gdr-pour-windows-7-sp1-x86x64-fr-en-de-es-it/page-1

I've been using the latest Wintoolkit 1.5.3.21

Is there something I could be doing wrong? I am at my wit's end.

Hi,

This is abnormal. Do you integrate something else than the updates from the UL ?

We need more details to help you, please post your wintoolkit's log, and add the maximum of details.

Thanks for your reply mooms. It inspired me to have another try, and this time the final ISO was 4.3GB. This time I used Wintoolkit to extract files from the original Windows 7 SP1 ISO.

Previously I had used Windows 8 to mount the Windows 7 Sp1 ISO, and copied those files into a folder for Wintoolkit. Maybe that created the problem?

Just to answer your question, I was only using the updates from here, plus the Slim Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2 Full x86/x64. 

http://www.wincert.net/forum/topic/12103-16-juin-2015-update-list-gdr-pour-windows-7-sp1-x86x64-fr-en-de-es-it/

Glad you have found a solution.

I use VirtualCloneDrive to mount the win7 iso and I copy the file to a folder, it always works.

I don't know about windows 8, I don't use it on my main system (only my tablet, and I don't mount iso).

I too had that problem however I am also integrating Office 2010. With the lastest win 7 updates from June 2015 I have now gone over the limit even for dvd+r DL. I had to take out office and install that separately. was considering the bootable USB option but not every computer will boot to a USB device (still!). next option was using a blu ray bd-r. I could hook up a bdrom player temporarily just for the install but if I have to install to a laptop just about all laptops do not have a blu ray player. some win 8 laptops don't even have any dvd player. regards...