HideKBs.vbs Windows Script Host 0x80240044 Source: (null)

Hello Wincert guru's help needed for an average user (me) with absolutely ZERO knowledge or experience w/scripting. I've used a "Hide KB's" .vbs in Windows 7 for years and upon attempting to employ the same in Windows 8.1 I get the following error shortly after launching:

---------------------------Windows Script Host---------------------------Script:    C:\Users\XXXX\Desktop\HideKBs_Win_8-1.vbsLine:    72Char:    1Error:    0x80240044Code:    80240044Source:     (null)---------------------------

Contents of the VBS:

' Maxpsoft May 30, 2013, 9:34:15 PM' 06/18/2013 Add extra for Bing Desktop v1.3' 06/28/2013 Updated to continue searching as long as it is finding something otherwise Quit'' Original Mike.Moore Dec 17, 2012 on answers.microsoft but when ran it Hide everything so no good.' Link to script: http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/163162-hide-bing-desktop-and-other-windows-updates/' You may freely use this script as long as you copy it complete and it remains the same except for adjusting hideupdates.' If I need to change something then let me know so all may benefit.Dim WSHShell, StartTime, ElapsedTime, strUpdateName, strAllHiddenDim Checkagain 'Find more keep going otherwise QuitDim hideupdates(6) 'TO ADD 1 EDIT THE (#) AND ADD another hideupdates(#)hideupdates(0) = "KB2876229"hideupdates(1) = "KB2512827"hideupdates(2) = "KB2526954"hideupdates(3) = "KB2617986"hideupdates(4) = "KB2668562"hideupdates(5) = "KB2977218"hideupdates(6) = "KB3056819"Set WSHShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")StartTime = Timer 'Start the TimerSet updateSession = CreateObject("Microsoft.Update.Session")updateSession.ClientApplicationID = "MSDN Sample Script"Set updateSearcher = updateSession.CreateUpdateSearcher()Set searchResult = updateSearcher.Search("IsInstalled=0 and Type='Software' and IsHidden=0")Checkagain = "True"For K = 0 To 10 'Bing Desktop has 4, Silverlight has 5If Checkagain = "True" ThenCheckagain = "False"CheckUpdatesParseUpdatesEnd ifNextElapsedTime = Timer - StartTimestrTitle = "Windows Updates Hidden."strText = strAllHiddenstrText = strText & vbCrLf & ""strText = strText & vbCrLf & "Total Time " & ElapsedTimeintType = vbOkOnly'Silent just comment these 2 lines with a ' and it will run and quitSet objWshShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")intResult = objWshShell.Popup(strText, ,strTitle, intType)'Open Windows Update after remove the comment ''WshShell.Run "%windir%\system32\control.exe /name Microsoft.WindowsUpdate"Set objWshShell = nothingSet WSHShell = NothingWScript.QuitFunction ParseUpdates 'cycle through updatesFor I = 0 To searchResult.Updates.Count-1Set update = searchResult.Updates.Item(I)strUpdateName = update.Title'WScript.Echo I + 1 & "> " & update.TitleFor j = 0 To UBound(hideupdates)if instr(1, strUpdateName, hideupdates(j), vbTextCompare) = 0 thenElsestrAllHidden = strAllHidden _& vbcrlf & update.TitleUpdate.IsHidden = True'Checkagain = "True"end ifNextNextEnd FunctionFunction CheckUpdates 'check for new updates cause Bing Desktop has 3Set updateSession = CreateObject("Microsoft.Update.Session")updateSession.ClientApplicationID = "MSDN Sample Script"Set updateSearcher = updateSession.CreateUpdateSearcher()Set searchResult = _updateSearcher.Search("IsInstalled=0 and Type='Software' and IsHidden=0")End Function

Any help/guidance would be greatly appreciated. :)

Hello Wincert guru's help needed for an average user (me) with absolutely ZERO knowledge or experience w/scripting. I've used a "Hide KB's" .vbs in Windows 7 for years and upon attempting to employ the same in Windows 8.1 I get the following error shortly after launching:

---------------------------Windows Script Host---------------------------Script:    C:\Users\XXXX\Desktop\HideKBs_Win_8-1.vbsLine:    72Char:    1Error:    0x80240044Code:    80240044Source:     (null)---------------------------

Contents of the VBS:

Any help/guidance would be greatly appreciated. :)

Hi,

I have not tested it, but a multi line comment is not with defined by a single '.

So remove line 66 and 72 the 2 simple quote. That should help

Regards

Function ParseUpdates 'cycle through updatesFor I = 0 To searchResult.Updates.Count-1Set update = searchResult.Updates.Item(I)strUpdateName = update.Title'WScript.Echo I + 1 & "> " & update.TitleFor j = 0 To UBound(hideupdates)if instr(1, strUpdateName, hideupdates(j), vbTextCompare) = 0 thenElsestrAllHidden = strAllHidden _& vbcrlf & update.TitleUpdate.IsHidden = True'Checkagain = "True"end ifNextNextEnd FunctionFunction CheckUpdates 'check for new updates cause Bing Desktop has 3Set updateSession = CreateObject("Microsoft.Update.Session")updateSession.ClientApplicationID = "MSDN Sample Script"Set updateSearcher = updateSession.CreateUpdateSearcher()Set searchResult = _updateSearcher.Search("IsInstalled=0 and Type='Software' and IsHidden=0")End Function