Forums upgraded

NIM

Hi everyone,

For the past few weeks, the performance of the forums has been degrading, due to recent forum software updates. We're hopeful Invision Power will fix these regressions in the near future.

In the meantime, we've implemented extra caching, which yielded some improvements. We've also just upgraded to a more powerful server.

We'll keep you posted :)

LOL Not at all, my friend! :)  I never said things are better than they were, I just said he made the best of what was available.  You also made the best of what we had to work with re IPB.  We all did.

As far as I can tell, what has been improved was using a later PHP, which improved speeds a lot, for a while.  Of course that also did break existing links to posts on the board, but that can be gotten around, once you realize that is what happened.  I do wish there was some kind of script that can go through the board and fix all links that are still broken, but in the meantime I manually fix them when I run across them.

Cheers and Regards

I don't know if this has been reported or not, but for me when use butons for prev/next or hit a page from the top or bottom go to page bar allways stuck on Loading circle, never gets to the page.

This thing is for quite a while now.

Windows 7 x64, Internet Explorer 11,Chrome 52.0.2743.82 or Firefox 47.0.1 the same thing.

I usually select to go to the last page from the thread title and all is OK but than if I want to go back one page to read previous posts than it stuck on Loading... I need to hit refresh page to get to load the page

If I select any of the pages from the first time from the thread title it goes right to that page so no problem accessing directly any of the pages.

Hi bphlpt.

sorry for late reply, I was busy in the late time and also failed to find a good screen capture program that produce a reasonable small file to upload. Finally I found Spotlight Screenrecorder.

The video shows how it goes for me. Starting with click on the last page of the thread > scroll to bottom > click on page 1> wait for Loading... (wait, wait, wait...) > click refresh page > page loads ok > scroll to bottom > click NEXT button > wait for Loading... (wait, wait, wait...)  > click refresh page > page loads ok > stop recording.

The video is uploaded to Data File Host. Please uncheck Download with Secured Download manager https://www.datafilehost.com/d/51004bfd

As I mentioned this is happening with all three browsers I checked.

Thank you for your assistance.

Thank you.  That showed the problem exactly.  (I do hate Data File Host. :( Chrome downloaded a 0 byte file, but Opera downloaded the file correctly.)

Unfortunately, I still really can't duplicate the problem.  I am also on Win 7 x64 (Ultimate), and I tried the exact steps you used with the exact same versions of the the exact same three browsers you used, all with no problems. FWIW, Firefox was the quickest in its page loading.  I tried multiple times with each browser. I MIGHT have had a very slight hang one time with Chrome.  The "Loading" did not stay visible, but the page was kind of grayed out.  Refreshing the page made everything OK, and I could not make it happen again, trying many, many pages on the site.  There was never the slightest hiccup with either IE or Firefox.  Sorry.  I'm afraid I don't know what's causing your problem.

Cheers and Regards

Sounds like a plan.  I also had some mysterious problems recently that were happening when going to the settings page, and ONLY when going to the settings page, of all Chrome based browsers.  But it wasn't a browser problem, Windows was throwing the error.  I could never find out what the issue was, but a fresh install fixed the problem.  Good luck!

Cheers and Regards

• 6 months later...
On 25. 02. 2017. at 10:16 AM, coppertruck said:

I can't change the password nor the email of my account.

The forms ask for the current password, but I'm getting an error "The password you entered is incorrect. Please try again (make sure your caps lock is off)."

(of course the password is correct, as I can use it to log in)

I've just tried to change the password with my test account and it's working fine. Can you please try to change the password using a different browser?

Thanks for your answer. I had tried Firefox, Chrome and IE 11, also disabling ad blockers.

I found the issue: my old password was weak, and apparently is was rejected like it would be for a new password.

I solved the case by using the "forgot password" feature. Now I can change the password without problem.