Wintoolkit and KB3125574

jvidal

Hi, guys, as some of you probably already know, MS released a cumulative update for win7, namely KB3125574. This update is some sort of an SP2 in disguise, it claims to contain "almost all" updates released after SP1 up to Apr/2016. Well...not exactly. Of course the info provided by windows catalog was not totally accurate and I had to do A LOT of trial-and error until I finally had the exact list of updates that needed integrating after KB3125574. Some 53 updates are still needed. Once I finally got that right, I tried to integrate it with Wintoolkit, but, to my surprise, it wouldn't!

After processing, a question mark (?) showed up next to the update, not a red X or a yellow/green check mark. When it finished, a window popped up with details for the error, saying something like "it could not process unattend.xml" for the failing package (KB3125574).

"Could not apply the unattend.xml for the .msu" is the error that appears.

Has anyone else tried it?

Why wouldn't it integrate? Is it not supported? Does Wintoolkit need modifying (i.e. a new version) for it to work?

Can someone shed some light on this.

thanks!

Edited by jvidal

On ‏۲۰۱۶‏/‏۰۵‏/‏۲۱ at 9:45 AM, jvidal said:

Hi, guys, as some of you probably already know, MS released a cumulative update for win7, namely KB3125574. This update is some sort of an SP2 in disguise, it claims to contain "almost all" updates released after SP1 up to Apr/2016. Well...not exactly. Of course the info provided by windows catalog was not totally accurate and I had to do A LOT of trial-and error until I finally had the exact list of updates that needed integrating after KB3125574. Some 53 updates are still needed. Once I finally got that right, I tried to integrate it with Wintoolkit, but, to my surprise, it wouldn't!

After processing, a question mark (?) showed up next to the update, not a red X or a yellow/green check mark. When it finished, a window popped up with details for the error, saying something like "it could not process unattend.xml" for the failing package (KB3125574).

"Could not apply the unattend.xml for the .msu" is the error that appears.

Has anyone else tried it?

Why wouldn't it integrate? Is it not supported? Does Wintoolkit need modifying (i.e. a new version) for it to work?

Can someone shed some light on this.

thanks!

hello

I have the same problem Wintoolkit could add this update

What is the solution?
If this problem is way ???

Thank you

Edited by Ali Sahandi