Future of WPI

Due to the advent of recent MS practices in the past couple of years (I refuse to install windows 10) and the lack of donations\interest in WPI I am announcing that WPI, likely will reach end of support in the next six months. As some of you know I rely solely on disability to live and I can no longer afford to keep up with domain costs, pc repairs and related costs.

Sad to announce but it has been a hell of a 13 year run for WPI. In it's current form it works well and will continue to work well with legacy os's (Windows 8 and further back)

I really don't have the will or energy to keep trying to breath life into WPI when the support is just not there.

Thank you to all of those who donated in time, sweat, knowledge and support.

- Kelsenellenelvian EverDawn 

Sad to hear, since WPI is even more relevant now in the post XP era than ever! (I use it daily)

If people only knew what it was capable of maybe more would use it, especially power users, IT admins, etc... I mean I am able to set up WPI in a way that it detects what needs and does not need updating/installing by simply glancing at the install choices, running only the compatible installers on a specific OS

prog[pn]=['Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable'];
uid[pn]=['VCREDIST2K15'];
dflt[pn]=['yes'];
forc[pn]=['no'];
cat[pn]=['Microsoft'];
pfro[pn]=['no'];
cmds[pn]=['wmic product where "name like \'Microsoft Visual C++ 2015%%\' and version < \'14.0.24406\'" call uninstall /nointeractive','{x64} "%wpipath%\\Install\\VC\\2015\\amd64\\Minimum\\vc_runtimeMinimum_x64.msi" /qn','{x64} "%wpipath%\\Install\\VC\\2015\\amd64\\Additional\\vc_runtimeAdditional_x64.msi" /qn','"%wpipath%\\Install\\VC\\2015\\x86\\Minimum\\vc_runtimeMinimum_x86.msi" /qn','"%wpipath%\\Install\\VC\\2015\\x86\\Additional\\vc_runtimeAdditional_x86.msi" /qn'];
cond[pn]=['getOSvernum()=="5.0"&&getSPver()>=3||getOSvernum()=="6.0"&&getSPver()>=2||getOSvernum()>="6.1"'];
gcond[pn]=['getArch()=="x86"&&RegKeyValue("HKLM\\SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\DevDiv\\VC\\Servicing\\14.0\\RuntimeMinimum\\Version")>="14.0.24406"&&RegKeyValue("HKLM\\SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\DevDiv\\VC\\Servicing\\14.0\\RuntimeAdditional\\Version")>="14.0.24406"||getArch()=="AMD64"&&RegKeyValue("HKLM\\SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\DevDiv\\VC\\Servicing\\14.0\\RuntimeMinimum\\Version")>="14.0.24406"&&RegKeyValue("HKLM\\SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\DevDiv\\VC\\Servicing\\14.0\\RuntimeAdditional\\Version")>="14.0.24406"&&RegKeyValue("HKLM\\SOFTWARE\\Wow6432Node\\Microsoft\\DevDiv\\VC\\Servicing\\14.0\\RuntimeMinimum\\Version")>="14.0.24406"&&RegKeyValue("HKLM\\SOFTWARE\\Wow6432Node\\Microsoft\\DevDiv\\VC\\Servicing\\14.0\\RuntimeAdditional\\Version")>="14.0.24406"'];
pn++;

I hide obsolete stuff like .net 4.x installer on Windows 8 and above like so:

prog[pn]=['.NET Framework 4.6'];
uid[pn]=['DOTNETFX46'];
dflt[pn]=['yes'];
forc[pn]=['no'];
cat[pn]=['Microsoft'];
pfro[pn]=['no'];
cmds[pn]=['{x64} "%wpipath%\\Install\\dotNETfx\\netfx_Full_x64.msi" /qn','{x86} "%wpipath%\\Install\\dotNETfx\\netfx_Full_x86.msi" /qn'];
cond[pn]=['getOSvernum()>="6.0"&&getOSvernum()<="6.1"'];
gcond[pn]=['RegKeyExists("HKLM\\SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\NET Framework Setup\\NDP\\v4\\Full")'];
picf[pn]=['"%wpipath%\\Graphics\\Logos\\dotNETfx.png"'];
picw[pn]=['0'];
pich[pn]=['0'];
textl[pn]=['Right'];
pn++;

I think Kel WPI only needs some promotion, maybe put some advanced how to videos on youtube.

Edited by ricktendo