msfn is going to be down from 12 August

Dibya

Xper, founder of MSFN.org helped me start WinCert.net. Unfortunately, he wasn't replying to my messages lately so I gave up, but I'm sorry to hear that MSFN will close. I can see that the traffic dropped rapidly on MSFN, but I don't understand why isn't he selling it instead of shutting it down completely. 

I have to say, that I really don't believe that it will be closed for good. It looks like another gimmick to me.

This is very sad indeed! Although I'm not a member on MSFN, it has always been a great and reliable source of information.

Dibya, I hope you don't mind that I share that you've asked me to step in. I'd certainly wish to do that. But from what I see on the other thread, there's no lack of offers to host the community, nor lack of commitment of current members to put in some effort to save MSFN. 

As long as we don't know exactly what's the issue, there's no way to help. Besides, there's only one day left now.

It won't be shut down for sure, surely another gimmick. Who would shut down a forum with such a huge database and number of registered members before selling it?

Edit:

I'm guessing that I was right. Xper just updated the board with the latest IP version. Who would do that a day before closing the forum? 

http://www.msfn.org/board/

Forum is not closing . We requested and cried around . MSFN is no more closing . Hope so in future . Believe or not it is a great board . New forum software is indeed awesome .

@NIM I donot think its a gimmick as XPER is facing lots of problems in his real life . Way the ad blocker are used now a days it became terrible to collect hosting fees which i guess .

Edited by Dibya

36 minutes ago, Dibya said:

http://www.msfn.org/board/

Forum is not closing . We requested and cried around . MSFN is no more closing . Hope so in future . Believe or not it is a great board . New forum software is indeed awesome .

@NIM I donot think its a gimmick as XPER is facing lots of problems in his real life . Way the ad blocker are used now a days it became terrible to collect hosting fees which i guess .

I understand, but this is not the first time that he said he's going to close the forum. If he doesn't have time for it, why not sell it?

I personally now cannot do anything   . Nim you may not be aware of my age  . I am just 14year.  I will be starting  15 by November 8 . Their other great guys they may buy or at least provide free hosting.  My home server is too slow I donot thing it can run msfn . Xper wants to sell most probably as tripdecus mentioned somewhere. My blind friend from Germany own a powerful server with 50mbps connection.  He may help . If doom day comes after a month. Xper has not mentioned any post regarding whether he needs a free hosting from us  . That many guys like you folks can help.

Edited by Dibya

As you said  . When I will grow up I will make own forum . I will be taking suggestions from you , xper and other of coarse.  Currently reinstalling xp x86 and 10 x64 . Dual boot is always fun .