Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
pennsylvaniaron

Subscriptions

Recommended Posts

I know this is off topic. I was charged $10 yesterday to my CC. Has something to do with Wincert. The seller's name is  Nikica M. It also might be a recurring charge, possibly every year. Before I dispute this does anyone recognize what it could be? I don't believe we pay to be a member of Wincert.

regards...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/30/2017 at 5:10 PM, pennsylvaniaron said:

I know this is off topic. I was charged $10 yesterday to my CC. Has something to do with Wincert. The seller's name is  Nikica M. It also might be a recurring charge, possibly every year. Before I dispute this does anyone recognize what it could be? I don't believe we pay to be a member of Wincert.

regards...

 

May be you signed in to Multipass, after Wincert has been sold to heidoc.net.

Send a PM to NIM and ask him: he's Nikica M ;).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/30/2017 at 5:10 PM, pennsylvaniaron said:

I know this is off topic. I was charged $10 yesterday to my CC. Has something to do with Wincert. The seller's name is  Nikica M. It also might be a recurring charge, possibly every year. Before I dispute this does anyone recognize what it could be? I don't believe we pay to be a member of Wincert.

regards...

 

I just found this post. I'll investigate next week.

Multipass is still registered with Thibaud. I wanted to replace it with Google Contributor, but getting approved is taking ages. I'm giving up on that now. I'll transfer the Multipass account this month. For existing subscribers, nothing will change.

WinCert will remain free and ad supported.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jan Krohn said:

I just found this post. I'll investigate next week.

Multipass is still registered with Thibaud. I wanted to replace it with Google Contributor, but getting approved is taking ages. I'm giving up on that now. I'll transfer the Multipass account this month. For existing subscribers, nothing will change.

WinCert will remain free and ad supported.

I had a PM with NIM last week concerning this charge. I signed up to be a sponsor ( I forgot) for $10/yr. It is a recurring charge. I no longer will be a sponsor after this year and the $10 charge will stop. That's what this is about...

regards....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I know now why the payment has gone to Nik. Sponsor subscriptions are set up by recipient email address (for existing subscriptions, that's Nik and Thibaud).

After changing the Multipass account, I'll send a message to all current sponsers to check and update their subscriptions.

@NIM Don't worry about any payments you receive until this is done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Jan Krohn

Before the upgrade to 3.X that took place almost two years ago this forum was using subscriptions. The forum was always free, but one could subscribe and become a sponsor. Once a member selected one of the available packages Paypal has automatically created a recurring payment profile. We haven't had many subscription packages active in the past and most were canceled or became inactive several years ago. Two subscription packages remained active though and were closed this year (bphlpt and pennsylvaniaron).

pennsylvaniaron probably had a serious amnesia and forgot that he was the one who chose to subscribe and donate $10 to support the forum :). With the upgrade to IPS 3.x, subscriptions module was removed from the forum and we had to implement a sidebar donate button.

I have now checked for active supporters and I have removed katie-joy, Cartman586 and BYTE-ME from the sponsors' group as there is no recorded subscription for those users. Although, we also had the policy for the users who have donated to Liam (WinToolkit Developer). Those users also became sponsors even though they haven't donated to the forum directly.

So, to conclude bphlpt and pennsylvaniaron (both canceled packages this year, but remained active), and Thiersee who is donating via international transfer using an IBAN account, are the only current supporters of this forum.

If you want, I can send those donations to you Jan.

@Thiersee

Thanks for your generous support and contribution for all these years. I kindly ask you to send the next donation to Jan Krohn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, NIM said:

@Jan Krohn

Before the upgrade to 3.X that took place almost two years ago this forum was using subscriptions. The forum was always free, but one could subscribe and become a sponsor. Once a member selected one of the available packages Paypal has automatically created a recurring payment profile. We haven't had many subscription packages active in the past and most were canceled or became inactive several years ago. Two subscription packages remained active though and were closed this year (bphlpt and pennsylvaniaron).

pennsylvaniaron probably had a serious amnesia and forgot that he was the one who chose to subscribe and donate $10 to support the forum :). With the upgrade to IPS 3.x, subscriptions module was removed from the forum and we had to implement a sidebar donate button.

I have now checked for active supporters and I have removed katie-joy, Cartman586 and BYTE-ME from the sponsors' group as there is no recorded subscription for those users. Although, we also had the policy for the users who have donated to Liam (WinToolkit Developer). Those users also became sponsors even though they haven't donated to the forum directly.

So, to conclude bphlpt and pennsylvaniaron (both canceled packages this year, but remained active), and Thiersee who is donating via international transfer using an IBAN account, are the only current supporters of this forum.

If you want, I can send those donations to you Jan.

@Thiersee

Thanks for your generous support and contribution for all these years. I kindly ask you to send the next donation to Jan Krohn.

Nim it wasn't a "serious amnesia". Between entertainment, aviation, automotive and computer technology to name a few I belong to over 15 forums. sorry if I forgot that I get charged ONCE A YEAR for $10. In addition I was having some serious CC issues with suspicious charges the same week the sponsor charge was applied. I was on the phone with Capitalone several times that week.

regards...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, pennsylvaniaron said:

Nim it wasn't a "serious amnesia". Between entertainment, aviation, automotive and computer technology to name a few I belong to over 15 forums. sorry if I forgot that I get charged ONCE A YEAR for $10. In addition I was having some serious CC issues with suspicious charges the same week the sponsor charge was applied. I was on the phone with Capitalone several times that week.

regards...

Ah OK, that explains it. I hope my statement didn't sound insulting to you because that was not my intention :unsure:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, mooms said:

We maybe should move these messages elsewhere , they are completely off-topic here.

when i wrote about this my first 6 words were, "I know this is off topic" so AGREED. :D

Let's get back to discussing UL's and KB's:P

regards

Edited by pennsylvaniaron
omission

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, NIM said:

@Jan Krohn

If you want, I can send those donations to you Jan.

As I said, don't worry about these. Consider them a pre Chirstmas bonus. B)

1 hour ago, mooms said:

We maybe should move those messages elsewhere, they are completely off-topic here.

Agreed. I just tried, and failed. I could have split, merged, edited or deleted the posts, but found nowhere to move them. @NIM please help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Jan Krohn said:

Agreed. I just tried, and failed. I could have split, merged, edited or deleted the posts, but found nowhere to move them. @NIM please help.

The same for me, I haven't found how to move only selected messages.

NIM have moved them anyway (thank you).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×