Windows ISO Downloader on Windows Vista

isoHunter

Hi everyone!

I was looking for a way to download the Windows 7 pro SP1 and found this fantastic software since I've a valid license I had when I was student but both the Microsoft website and the customer service wants to give me link for a ISO file...

I'm currently running on Vista on a old PC and would like to update it to seven. However when I use the software on Vista I mange to launch it but as soon as I click on the button "windows 7" or any other Windows version. Nothing happen and I have a blank page... 

Is it a known issue? Is it possible to do a workaround to avoid this bug?

Thanks

Hi ISOHunter,

How timely! I've also just discovered this awesome resource, however, got exactly the same issue as you. I've installed Vista Service Pack 2, upgraded Internet Explorer to Version 9 and .NET 4. I've got the same blank screen you describe without any options to select from Windows 7.

So, you're not alone.

If I figure out something that works, I'll let you know.

2 hours ago, Tomcat said:

After doing more reading, I think we won't be able to use this tool with Vista?

Hi Tomcat, we could do a team, "Team Vista" ahah. 

In fact I don't know the update statut of this computer because it's the one use my parents and we never really take care of this one since they use it only twice or less a week....

And yes I saw the system requirements but since the app manages to launch successfully I was wondering if it was a workaround to do the full process.

Does any other verified iso ressources exist? I heard about a web version but not sure if it trusty ressource.

Hi guys,

Windows Vista is no longer supported, but technically, the downloader should be running fine if IE and .NET are up to date. I no longer have a Vista VM, so I can't verify whether this is still the case.

If the downloader shows a blank screen, my best guess would be deactivated TLS 1.2 on OS level (to be re-activated in control panel > internet settings).

If that doesn't do the trick, just say which file(s) you want to have, and I'll generate the link for you (unless someone else is faster).

1 hour ago, Jan Krohn said:

Hi guys,

Windows Vista is no longer supported, but technically, the downloader should be running fine if IE and .NET are up to date. I no longer have a Vista VM, so I can't verify whether this is still the case.

If the downloader shows a blank screen, my best guess would be deactivated TLS 1.2 on OS level (to be re-activated in control panel > internet settings).

If that doesn't do the trick, just say which file(s) you want to have, and I'll generate the link for you (unless someone else is faster).

Thank you Jan for your help. 
Unfortunately, deactivating TLS doesn't work and I get a error "please check your connection blablabla"
So it would be awesome if you could provide a working link for "Windows 7 Professional SP 1 64 bits" and in case you need to select a language French would be perfect.

Jan can I please ask you a question..

I've downloaded and burnt the iso file to a DVD, but when I try and set boot up to DVD, it reads the file and just ignores it and continues to boot up Windows Vista. Do I need to delete Windows Vista (the hard drive contents) and then try and boot from DVD for Windows 7 to start to set up?

Additionally, if I need to delete the current contents of this hard drive (where Windows Vista is), is it a simple case of plugging this hard drive into another computer and then selecting Delete?

Sorry for the 'noob' questions- first time doing this.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, Tomcat said:

Do I need to delete Windows Vista (the hard drive contents) and then try and boot from DVD for Windows 7 to start to set up?

No, you need to enter the BIOS and select your DVD drive at the first boot drive. You can then delete Vista from Windows 7 setup or make an upgrade (clean install is the preferred choice here).

Thanks Mooms. I did try that in the BIOS, save it and when it restarted, it tried the DVD, then ignored it and proceeded to load Vista as per normal.

I also have read up and checked that the DVD I burnt recently is bootable using MobaLiveCD. According to that, the DVD is bootable.

Am I doing something wrong?

Just to add, I did notice with the boot sequence allocation when I moved DVD to the top (first boot drive), DVD was then at the top, then USB, something else and then Hard drive (HD). Does the HD need to be second? Could that be the issue or is that irrelevant?

Sorry to add more, but I just thought of one other thing that may be the issue?

I believe this version that is currently running on the hard drive is Vista 32 bit and I'm trying to install Windows 7 Pro 64 bit (I used to have Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit working on this same machine before the hard drive died- am trying to get this version on the new hard drive).

Could that be the reason why during boot up sequence, this iso file in the DVD drive is being ignored? (32 bit Vista vs 64 Bit Windows 7?)

If so, can I plug this drive (via a USB cable) into another Windows computer and just delete all files of the drive? (I don't have any personal files to worry about on this drive as it's only a few days old)

Thanks so much for your help. I'm a little lost with all this!

1) I used software on another computer (Can't think of the name right now and will have to wait to get access to that computer to check the name again). I selected data and I didn't select the box for 'bootable' on the software before I burned it, as I googled the software about creating iso bootable DVDs and someone that selected that box, couldn't load the iso file.

2) I have changed the boot sequence in BIOS to DVD drive and then Hard drive. When I restart, the DVD spins, the screen goes black and it looks like it's starting to work and then it stops and the windows Vista logo appears and it loads Vista.

Oh ok. The only reason I didn't select that 'bootable' box is that others who did, had other issues where it wouldn't boot. In that forum, they were instructed to burn it without that selected- so I tried doing the same!

I'm having issues with my computer burning (hence used someone elses), so can I make a USB bootable then? I've seen that option in the Bios.

Sorry for the dumb questions- never done any of this before.