why am i still getting add

toptek

14 hours ago, toptek said:

after i joined www.multipass.net i still get ads on wincert it says I'm signed in with multipass  why ? .

Sorry about that! My understanding is that MP works on the WinCert blog but not the forum. I've been thinking about a solution ever since taking ownership of the site last year.

I'll change a couple of things today, and will make a general announcement afterwards.  I hope that I have a solution which everyone will be happy with.

thanks i haven't paid any thing for MP yet and gonna cancel it i don't need it, so I'm not gonna go for the offer or brother with it, but will go back to donating on the forums like i did before just need till the first of the mouth .

i hate adds .........

Thanks again for getting back with us with a solution that seems fair .

I can relate. Guess what: I hate ads too. I even have an ad blocker installed.

I don't condemn anyone who hates ads and uses an adblocker. I will never force people to disable their adblocker to use any of my sites or services (except one occasion when an adblock plugin decided to block all kinds of functional scripts on heidoc together with the ads, for which I've not seen it as my responsibility to clean up their mess...)

Now let me quickly find and wear my publisher hat before I write the next paragraph...

I love ads. They pay the bills, and they provide a great way to offer free content without having to charge visitors anything.

Now the publishing industry as well the advertising industry have a massive issue: the rise of ad blocking...

Some publishers penalize adblock users by blocking them from their content in return. They only hurt themselves. Adblock users simply go elsewhere to find their information.

Some publishers penalize non adblock users by plastering their sites with loads of intrusive stuff. They also only hurt themselves. Non adblock users simply go elsewhere... or install an adblocker.

Publishers who do not want to compromize suffer most. I'm very glad that the increase of users over at heidoc.net (and here on wincert.net as well) is currently greater than the increase of adblock usage, so that ads still pay the bills for me.

But my prediction is the following: Adblock usage will increase further over the next decade or so, then the advertising industry will collapse, and the free internet as we know it will be history. This is not inevitable though. Google has been pushing the "acceptable ads" standard. If they succeed, that could be a good middle way.