How to get WinPE x64 RS4

100PIER

Hello,

I am trying to download a WinPE W10 RS4 x64 French version. No success.

I do use currently the last up to date W10 RS4 x64  v1803 Build 17134.167 French Home version.

When trying to get any WinPE file I get a ERROR pop up menu. (TREATMENT ERROR)

Why ? Why only English WinPE version is proposed ?

Is it the mismatch language version which does produce the ERROR screen ?

HI Jan,

So, even if I do select the proposed 'only' english language version I do get the ERROR from Windows ISO Downloader.

It does seem a pure Windows ISO Downloader issue.

I propose Windows ISO Downloader, when Requesting a WinPE version, does remove language matching control when the W10 user is natively different from english, and so this barrier will no longer exist and will allow the non english W10 machine to get however the WinPE 'english' version.

Is it possible for you ?

No error on my side.

image.png

If I set the UI language to something other than English, obviously the description is missing, but the download is working as well.

image.png

I'd suspect that you're not logged into your Microsoft account, or that your Microsoft user is not a member of the Insider programme. WinPE is only available to Windows Insiders.

Hello Jan,

On my side I am connected to my Microsoft Account.

Many years ago I was also a Windows Insider for RS1, but may be now deactivated automatically by Microsoft because I am using now RS4 ?

Or may be because the ADK RS4 v10.1.17134.1 is installed on my machine and so my WinPE request is refused ?

Why do you limit to 150 Ko the file size in attachment ? How can I  attach or insert my screenshots I have captured and I want to provide on this forum ?

Thanks for doubling the size file limit in attachment. However, it does seem very too low as a screenshot size is about 180 kb, and so you do  limit to one screenshot only per message !

On my side, I have progressed, and asked to MS a re-inscription to Windows Insider Program. The operation required some time and attempts due to MS internal server error...

My Windows Insider Program Activation is now alive again, and so I was able to download the WinPE ISO file (english).

Windows ISO Downloader menu is confusing because you do state that the ISO file langage requested must be identical to the user machine.

This should be only a recommendation, not a requirement.

Does Windows ISO Downloader check  any machine/request 'mismatch' language ?

HEIDOC_error_23juillet18.PNG

These instructions come from Microsoft through the API. In English it says that you need to choose the same language when you install Windows (not when you download Windows). Maybe the French translation is not clear. But the translations also come through the API, and I have no way to change them.

YES, French translation is not clear and does suggest to download only an ISO file which is natively in the same language as the W10 version currently installed and running Windows ISO Downloader application.

As you said, for WinPE only english version is offered and so for a W10 french user the language does mismatch and so the requirement should be only a recommandation.

By the way, do you agree to increase the file size limitation to allow up to 2 screenshots ?

HEIDOC_2_23juillet18.PNG

35 minutes ago, 100PIER said:

As you said, for WinPE only english version is offered and so for a W10 french user the language does mismatch and so the requirement should be only a recommandation.

So we need to wait until Microsoft realizes and fixes the mistranslation… 😐

36 minutes ago, 100PIER said:

By the way, do you agree to increase the file size limitation to allow up to 2 screenshots ?

That's currently not an option. Disk space on the server is low, and I just found out that it can't be increased since it's a legacy server. And I just renewed the plan for another year a couple of days ago. D'oh...

Forum sponsors have more allowance. But I can't increase it any more for general members. 300 kb is plenty for most purposes.