ERROR. Please check your internet connection.

podkaracz

I'm pretty sure that the server outage has somehow caused this issue for some users, but I don't understand yet how and why, and why I'm not affected...

Can you post a screenshot, so that I can see at which step it happens? And also let me know which file exactly you're requesting (version and language).

I believe I found the issue. In the aftermath of the server outage, I disabled insecure SSL/TSL protocols and ciphers. Most importantly, I had disabled TLS v. 1.0 and TLS v. 1.1, which are considered insecure. I've re-enabled both of them now.

However, everyone who has had the issue, very likely has a vulnerable Windows system.

To fix it, go to your system's internet security settings, and enable TLS v. 1.2. (You can leave versions 1.0 and 1.1 enabled, unless you need a super secure system.)

Otherwise, your passwords can be stolen by man-in-the-middle attacks.

You should also be able to use the downloader again now.

To be honest, it's quite shocking that so many users don't have TLS v. 1.2 enabled.

On 11/11/2018 at 12:23 AM, Jan Krohn said:

I believe I found the issue. In the aftermath of the server outage, I disabled insecure SSL/TSL protocols and ciphers. Most importantly, I had disabled TLS v. 1.0 and TLS v. 1.1, which are considered insecure. I've re-enabled both of them now.

However, everyone who has had the issue, very likely has a vulnerable Windows system.

To fix it, go to your system's internet security settings, and enable TLS v. 1.2. (You can leave versions 1.0 and 1.1 enabled, unless you need a super secure system.)

Otherwise, your passwords can be stolen by man-in-the-middle attacks.

You should also be able to use the downloader again now.

To be honest, it's quite shocking that so many users don't have TLS v. 1.2 enabled.

Your fix worked i can use tool now. But to add something i had tls 1.2 enabled as well as 1.1 and 1.0 and tool did not work with it.

• 4 years later...
On 11/11/2018 at 10:23 AM, Jan Krohn said:

I've the same problem by using the latest tool.

No problems with Windows 10.

The internet security setting are already checked.

Wincert.png

• 3 months later...

I'm having trouble using this application to download windows 10, it keeps telling me to check my internet connection and TPS 1.2 is checked by default as well as 1.1 and 1.0 and I turned it off and on, any ideas as to why it's not working? I'm using windows 7 home premium and here's the error. And what I did to get their. Extra error text at the bottom left hand corner of the screen, I put it under the image and all I did was press windows 10 to try and get the version I wanted to install but a blank screen and the error came up.

helpphoto.png.6e122db8c0243152cdbf703f00168361.png

The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send.