Windows Sidebar AddOn Translations Request

ricktendo

Translated Windows Sidebar addon request topic

OK I have had these requests before and I have done them unofficially but now its official, anybody who wants the Windows Sidebar addon translated into your language request it here and I will see what I can do.

Here is what you need to provide me:

1- The Windows Sidebar folder with all the files and gadgets (ziped and uploaded) from the specific language Vista you want me to translate it into.

2- The localized Accessories folder name for your Windows Sidebar shortcut (example Spanish XP is Accesorios)

3- I need to know what "Language:" appears when you are modifying your Windows CD example

langon2.png

4- (Otpional) Translate the following Blue prompt text from english into your language:

InsTitle ="Windows Sidebar Installer"

InstQuest="Do you want to install the Windows Sidebar?"

InsFinal ="Congratulations the Windows Sidebar was installed successfully. Please reboot your computer."

RepTitle ="Windows Sidebar Repair"

RepQuest ="The following will re-register Windows Sidebar, repair Gadget Installer and also restore any Shared Gadgets you may have uninstalled."

RepFinal ="The Windows Sidebar, Gadget Installer and Gadgets were all restored & repaired successfully."

UninTitle="Windows Sidebar Uninstaller"

UninQuest="Are you sure you want to uninstall the Windows Sidebar from your computer?"

UninFinal="Congratulations the Windows Sidebar was uninstalled successfully."

OthrTitle="Gadgets Uninstaller"

OthrQuest="Do you want to also uninstall Gadget Installer and delete all your Windows Sidebar Gadgets and their settings?"

NoAlky ="You need to (re)install Alky for Applications v1.1. | Tip: You can use the [Change] button in Add or Remove Programs to re-register the Windows Sidebar."

ChangeMsg="Use the [Change] button to fix any Windows Sidebar problems you may be having."

5- Also can you tell me if there is a Office MRU Gadget in your language HERE so I can add it

Thats all i need

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

So here's my request in the name of all german users. I built my own w/o W-Lan API ( it's in the german HotfixPack ) and with my prefered Gadgets - but an official "made by ricktendo64" addon will be great for all the Deutschlanders here :thumbsup_anim:

1. The whole 7zipped Sidebar folder ( Vista rtm ) Windows_Sidebar_de-DE.7z

2. Localized "Accessories" folders name is "Zubeh

Edited by chris.b

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Rick!

I used your german Sidebar-Addon for nlite but when I installed it on a VM I receive this message:

fehlerhy6.jpg

In English:

National Language Support Downlevel APIs Update is not installed. New installation of Alky for Applications could solve the problem.

What does this message mean?

Just for info.

I created a XP.iso with nlite and used the hotfix-pack from the german-nlite-forum (in this hotfix pack all the necessary Hotfixes for your Addon are integrated). As well I removed all language files (except English and German).

Thanks in advance

Huberer

OK let me explain that warning

In my INF file before it registers the windows sidebar, it checks the registry to see if NLSDL (national language downlevel api) is installed. If its not you will get that error.

Just because the registry entries are not present does not mean its not installed, so if you want to stop this you can integrate a Internet Explorer addon that has nlsdl or you can change the INF for this one that does not check it

Sidebar.zip

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello Rick,

I'm going to provide stuff to make italian version.

Just a question:

is correct if I take sidebar files from a Vista Ultimate 32-bit installation with all windowsupdate patches installed? Can I install also the rc release of sp1 or is it better to don't do that?

Thanks a lot ;)

• 2 months later...
Windows Sidebar v6.0.6000.16386 German (de-DE)

download.png

MD5: 136789C03EEAFCA946A8F00AB0EE0CC6

Size: 17.7 MB

This is the exact same as my current english windows sidebar addon. The windows sidebar, default MS gadgets and Office 2007 MRU gadget are translated to german (the rest are still english) all shortcuts, cpl properties and info tips are also translated into german (by using the windows sidebar's own MUI's ;))

Das is gut ya? :D

Hey, any chance of getting this updated with the latest version of your English sidebar?

Or, any instructions on how to do this myself? ;)

Helmi the text I need translated has changed slightly (see 1st post) so if you re-translate it (only a few small changes were made) then I will update the de-DE version with the latest Alky

BTW if you don't want the RTM Sidebar (its the only german sidebar I have) plz provide me with a SP1 version of the Sidebar and its Gadgets

This goes for anybody who may want their langs updated

Hi, can you make windows sidebar nLite addon for my czech language?

Here is a link for download patched and fully working sidebar on xp sp2. This is a Windows Sidebar v6.0.6000.16386

http://www.nahraj.cz/download/120652301457/14147

for download you must click on Windows Sidebar.exe

Here is a non patched SP1, its original sidebar. I do not patched the sidebar style.... Only original copied from Windows vista 6.0.6000.16386, because, i have not got a sp1 for vista in czech language...

http://www.filefactory.com/file/69c861/

Accessories in czech = Př

Helmi the text I need translated has changed slightly (see 1st post) so if you re-translate it (only a few small changes were made) then I will update the de-DE version with the latest Alky

Roger that, I'll get to it!

BTW if you don't want the RTM Sidebar (its the only german sidebar I have) plz provide me with a SP1 version of the Sidebar and its Gadgets

How would I go about that one?

I do have a German Vista DVD here as well as the SP1, however, neither is currently installed (could do so in a VM if required).

Can I extract the needed files (could you list/name them, please?) from the install source or does it need to be installed first?

Thanks again!

EDIT:

Here cometh the translation:

InsTitle ="Windows-Sidebar-Installationsprogramm"

InstQuest="Wollen Sie die Windows Sidebar installieren?"

InsFinal ="Gl

Edited by Helmi

Also... Just send me the entire Windows Sidebar folder with gadgets, I don't want that installer, just need the Gadget files

In the installer are czech gadgets and bonus gadgets in czech language.... You must extract my installer with winrar. After extracting installer you must extract sidebar.exe and in sidebar.exe are all original gadgets in folder Gadgets and in folder Shared gadgets are my bonus gadgets....

At time I have the German Sidebar Build 17052, that works with Alky 1.1

Download: http://rapidshare.com/files/103821409/Wind...idebar.zip.html

Contains:

- original Sidebar 17052 patched with Alky 1.1

- Sidebar 17052 with noSkin, patched with Alky 1.1

- unpatched Files

- "de-De" Folder

- new German Gadgets, see : http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/...n/MS07-048.mspx

- RegSidebar.cmd and UnRegSidebar.cmd

Have fun!