XBox 360 Update Issue

cygnus

Hey guys, my brother has an XBox 360 that he got for Christmas last year and has been working perfectly up until Christmas day this year.

He got the game Assassin's Creed for Christmas this year and when he went to play it, it wanted to install an update (I wasn't personally there to oversee it, so I have no idea as to how it went down) so he updated and now, every time he tries to play the game, it will freeze when it gets in about 40 seconds. Sending it back to Microsoft is out of the question as we have already opened it up to fix a problem with the DVD rom drive earlier. I opened it up again to see if it might be heat releated (although, its very coincidental because we just installed an update and it started doing it immediately). I positioned a fan pointed at the heatsink and it seems to run for a bit longer, bit it will eventually do it again.

My question is, is it possible Microsoft released a bogus update, or maybe overclocked the chip for some new games coming out? I'm trying to get to the bottom of this and I'm pulling my hair out at the same time :confused02:

Any insight is greatly appreciated! Thanks guys :thumbsup_anim: