XPtsp GUI v3.0.0.26 - February 27, 2012

dougiefresh

46 members have voted

1. 1. What language OS do you use XPtsp on?

• English
    • non-English
    • Both English and non-English

This poll is closed to new votes

Ok I just pikced up playing with this again and NIS 2010 blocks a file, it says ICWONN2.exe is a trojan. Any ideas?

The issue you pointed out has been reproduced on my system. I don't understand why it is reported as such, as extracting the original is okay, but once the resources are replaced, it is flagged as a trojan. Maybe it's a signature issue.... I don't know. At the moment, I have no idea how to fix the problem except maybe to modify the icon(s) involved.... If anybody comes up with a solution, please let me know! Thanks!

The issue you pointed out has been reproduced on my system. I don't understand why it is reported as such, as extracting the original is okay, but once the resources are replaced, it is flagged as a trojan. Maybe it's a signature issue.... I don't know. At the moment, I have no idea how to fix the problem except maybe to modify the icon(s) involved.... If anybody comes up with a solution, please let me know! Thanks!

Hi doug, prolly that file has benn targeted in the past and now that its in the threat list norton will pick it up if it's modded or changed in anyway.So the fix to me is on the end user side.just add it to the AV's whitelist.

Might be little confused/lost on the spacing

I mean that I had to change the dialog text coordinates so that other languages will fit into the space provided, instead of being badly clipped and/or just cut off. Most non-English text equivalent is MUCH longer than the English text and requires a bit more space. I've had much success with using the Dutch OS with XPtsp, however, there are still some changes to the dialog spacing that need to be done.

Would it make sense if I say the patch integrates more seamlessly than the gui?

In what aspect do you mean that it "integrates more seamlessly than the gui"?

Ok I don't know.. but the GUi adds shortcuts to the programs menu and stuff?

Yup. The GUI adds shortcuts, as well as other programs.

ok hard to explain and it's my personal preference but.. when I make a disk and integrate a visual pack to it I wanna make it look as less possible "adjusted", that's why i prefer that batch

Yea Im sure that made sense.. well the batch changes the files in a way that it could be part of the disk like the original?

Ok nevermind me Im just picky lol

Edited by wolfsoul

ok hard to explain and it's my personal preference but.. when I make a disk and integrate a visual pack to it I wanna make it look as less possible "adjusted", that's why i prefer that batch

Yea Im sure that made sense.. well the batch changes the files in a way that it could be part of the disk like the original?

Ok nevermind me Im just picky lol

I understand.... I think I've messed up the resources sufficiently that starting over with the batch resources is a good idea.

So what I've done is extracted the new dialogs from the "old" Green theme and placed the info in a new folder in the theme package. If a file needs translated and the dialog info file exists, it will delete the dialogs from the res file, then include & translate the dialog info file. Hopefully, this will take care of the visual problems with the English text, as well as the non-English text.....

Everybody: It seems I have a few days to rest, so I am able to make some progress on the GUI during my 4-day weekend (Friday thru Monday).

Mr_Smartepants: Since Norton AntiVirus is causing the source file to disappear after patching, then it's possible that that is why the GUI is locking up on particular files and why the problem is not reproducible on my end. So I've added some code to not attempt to compress the working file if it has disappeared, not to mention that the compressed source files won't be updated. Unfortunately, this won't solve the problem for uncompressed source files (for both Integration and Live Install) that go missing, as the GUI works directly on the uncompressed source file.

Wolfsoul: I am uploading new theme packages, with all resource files being restored from the batch versions. One res file needed to be replaced due to corruption and all version information has been removed to prevent possible XP Windows Updates issues. I've also added the "adjusted" dialogs into the theme package as text files, and they will only be applied if they are applied to a non-English version of Windows.

I've got my Theme Uploader code working, so I am also uploading new copies of the res files as part of the update process. You should be to go into the XPtsp control panel applet and update from there, too. (Due to the fact that the changes are older than the other res files, you won't be able to update via the XPtsp control panel....)

Think you lost me on the technical stuff.. lol

And btw as for the Norton thing.. I switch off my auto-protect temporarily when I apply the patch

:huh: Um.... okay.... Regarding the Norton thing, I've done everything I can. I can only try to prevent problems that might occur due to Norton's interference.... I can't (and won't) stop Norton from doing it's job.... :P

I just wanted to report back that so far everything is working fine with the new green resource theme pack. Well done!

:blush: Thanks.... I wish I could say I actually fixed the task manager problem, but all I did was restore the resources back to the original batch versions.... :P

What's Changed in v3.0.0.12:

- Task Manager res file not duplicated if TASKMGR.EXE.RES is found in resource folder.

- Added additional res patch for Task Manager in order to patch correct color bars.

- New theme uploader code has been added (requires valid FTP credentials)

- Added additional check to file compression code to abort if source file disappears.

Translation Support:

- If dialog file is detected, English dialogs are deleted and dialog file is used instead.

What's Changed in the Theme Packages:

- All resources have been replaced with those from the batch versions.

- Translatable dialog files have been placed in subfolder for non-English OSes.

- Updated Version.ini with up-to-date MD5 hashes for all files.

Hopefully, between new theme packages and the new version of the GUI, most of the immediate problems should be solved.... Unfortunately, there is very little I can do about anti-virus software deleting the files as we patch them, except to make sure they still exist before I try to compress them.... I don't know if this will solve the "random file lockup" bug reported by Mr_Smartepants....

My next task is to get the File Repatcher code working again. For some dumb reason, it restores all the backups made by the previous boot every boot after patching... It's been disabled to keep this from happening. More code searching for me, oh boy! :rolleyes:

Thanks for all the bug reports!

I got the same message and it was on "Task 1 of 11" and after i got the message "unable to open sysoc.inf" and clicked OK XPtsp closed automatically. :(

BTW i was using Offline mode.

Edited by rubab

qwesta: I know where the first image occurs at and I've removed that code to fix that problem.

The second image that you posted probably has its origins within the translation code change that occurred with the new version. But I can't imagine (at this moment) what is causing the problem....

rubab: When you say "I got the same message", are you referring to the message that Qwesta posted about? If not, please be specific about what message you are talking about. Thanks!