vLite and 7 build 7057 x64

DEKK3R

I've been messing around with Windows 7 build 7057 x64 and it seems that it's not as vLite-friendly as 7048.

I've tried keeping the changes to a minimum. On one occasion i removed 'Help', on another occasion I removed a language.

For both examples, installation went well but when I right-click on the Desktop to access 'screen resolution' or 'personalize', I get this:

Capture-1.jpg

Assuming that vLite had messed with explorer.exe, I've tried replacing it in install.wim after vlite has done its thing. I've done this for the copy in both the Windows folder and SysWOW64...so they should be untouched. No luck, however.

I don't know enough to understand what's going on here...

Any ideas?

Hey man, stop going around from one forum to another, asking for help to a NON OFFICIAL windows 7.

Kelsenellenelvian has already told you from MSFN, that Build 7057 is WAREZ.

Build 7057 is Warez because it was never OFFICIALLY released to the public.

You'll find no help here for it...

Hey man, stop going around from one forum to another, asking for help to a NON OFFICIAL windows 7.

Kelsenellenelvian has already told you from MSFN, that Build 7057 is WAREZ.

Hey, i'm genuinely sorry about this. I saw links to 7057 here and so i assumed you guys were ok with me asking. Wrong of me to make such an assumption....my bad.

By the way, I'm only going from forum to forum in the interests of sharing knowledge....and developing my own, of course.

Edited by DEKK3R

OK...well apologies in advance if i'm offending anyone's sensibilities.....but i just thought i'd report back and say the problem does not lie with vlite fcuking up explorer.exe - the MD5s are the same.

That's the only thing i'm certain about after working at this all weekend lol

If anyone has any ideas......please get back to me.

Edited by DEKK3R

IMO as long as you do not ask for or post dl links you are OK, we can discuss 7057

That being said I would not mess with using vLite on Windows 7 for any other reason than to make Unattended or a ISO, me I finally decided to bite the bullet and dl WAIK for 7 and see what cool stuff I can do

• 3 months later...