Random Wallpaper Changer for XP

Geej

This is an autoit utility to silently randomize your desktop wallpaper by selecting a picture from %Windir%\Web\Wallpaper folder.

It was an inspiration from a post here. I improved the script to accomodate more logic & features.

Support jpg, jpeg, bmp & png pictures only. Will only set wallpaper to "Center" mode if image's width fall

below 70% of your screen width. Most of the time it is using "Stretch" mode.

If your picture ratio is same as your screen size, it is "Stretch" mode too.

Will not interfere with your theme(s).

Access thru Start ->All Programs -> Accessories->Random Wallpaper Changer or Desktop shortcut

Includes 5 randomly selected wallpaper to get you, hopefully inspired to randomize frequently. (Source)

Also include to randomize a wallpaper during ROE stage via a batch file.

afterroe.th.png

If you do not have ROE items, will still randomize your wallpaper. U will see it during creating desktop...

noroeeffect.th.png

Works on XP only.

RandomWallChanger_Addon.cab

Size: 1.28 Mb (1,342,725 bytes)

MD5: 2C4C45866CE1FAE179A4E7A8AC848AD0

Edited by Geej

hi! not to mean any disrespect, but changing wallpaper is just done in a few steps: right click (on Desktop) -> Properties -> Desktop tab -> Browse.... -> Look in: -> (choose an image) Open button -> Apply -> OK. i'm seeing this as either to lessen the slightly tedious step a bit ... or showing how to utilize the power of AutoIt ... either way, this work is appreciated ... let me try this Geej. cheers!

You do it once, you do it twice but you won't do it regularly manually. Too tedious. Besides, there are so many nice wallpaper in the net. Why stick to 1 wallpaper? Changing wallpaper is faster than changing theme. Search & put a lot of wallpaper in Web\Wallpaper to change regularly! I have use another small program (nnCron LITE) to set it to change every 15 minuites. BTW, I'm a fan of autoit. Hope you like it :D

Edited by Geej

Search & put a lot of wallpaper in Web\Wallpaper to change regularly! I have use another small program (nnCron LITE) to set it to change every 15 minuites. BTW, I'm a fan of autoit. Hope you like it :D
got lots too in my pictures & \Web\Wallpaper (the latter path i always include in my UA install). i like the idea of changing wallpapers regularly too. i check out nnCron. thanks Geej!:)

• 7 months later...