7-Zip - v9.35 Beta

*Reaper*

7-Zip

7zip.png

Description

7-Zip is a file archiver with a high compression ratio.

What's new after 7-Zip 9.34 alpha:•The BUG was fixed: 7-Zip crashed during ZIP archive creation, if the number of CPU threads was more than 64.•The BUG in 9.31-9.34 was fixed: 7-Zip could not correctly extract ISO archives that are larger than 4 GiB.•The BUG in 9.33-9.34 was fixed: The option "Compress shared files" and -ssw switch didn't work.•The BUG in 9.26-9.34 was fixed: 7-Zip File Manager could crash for some archives open in "Flat View" mode.•Some bugs were fixed.

Version: 9.35

Platform: x86 & x64

Addon Release Date: December 11, 2014

Uninstallable: Yes

Credit: *Reaper*

Homepage.png

NOTE: This is a dual addon... If your using a x64 system, it will install the x64 version of 7-Zip. If your using a x86 system, it will install the x86 version of 7-Zip.

Must use Win Toolkit 1.4.1.14 or higher!

Download.png

Size.png - 2.20 MB

MD5.png - cf652ed480c94dd950ab582054c613b5

Enjoy!

Edited by *Reaper*

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@Kormann,

IMHO, yes IT IS A MAJOR PROBLEM to do what you did.  Reaper has provided this Addon for over five years and last updated this Addon only a month ago, and he is still active on this site.  Just because there have recently been a couple of minor updates to the app does not mean he has to update the Addon for each one, no matter how many posts have been made notifying him of available updates.  In the past, when others have updated Reaper's Addons without his prior permission, Reaper has taken the approach "Fine, if the other guy wants to make the Addon then that's one less Addon I have to make."  and he then pulled his own version and never updated it again, even after the other guy later removed his version.  So unless you are prepared to maintain your update for the next five years or more, then just be patient and wait for Reaper.  And to post your version in his thread is the absolute height of rudeness.

I have moved your post to the trash.

If you want to send any of your work to Reaper via PM as a favor to him to hopefully make it easier for him to keep up the many Addons he maintains for the benefit of all of us, then please do so. If he decides to use your work in any way, then it is up to him to decide that.  If he decides to incorporate any of your suggestions, I'm sure he will give you proper credit.

I realize you had good intentions, and it looked like you did a good job and maybe even made some improvements to the Addon, but please be more respectful of all the hardworking Addon developers on this board.  If you end up making any unique Addons that you are willing to share here, and I hope you do, I will zealously defend your work just as vigorously as I am defending Reaper's.  I hope you understand.  I also encourage you to provide suggestions in the threads of how any of the existing Addons can be improved, but don't post a completed Addon unless it is requested by the original Addon maker.

Cheers and Regards

@bphlpt,
No problem. Thanks to make the stuff clear.

I did not find any rules about this kind of action, that's why I was in doubt if it would be wrong to do.
Thanks for removing my post then. I don't want to mess what is still working for the community.

One more time I thank to Reaper for his job.

Thanks for understanding.

You are right that there is not a "rule" about if, but it is rather board/net etiquette or courtesy.  If the original Addon maker is no longer active on the board, or if he gives you prior permission, or he asks for help when he is having a problem either with the Addon or in RL, then those would all change the situation.  Other boards or even other Addon makers might react differently to the "competition", but not here in this case.  Another situation where I think it is perfectly appropriate to post an alternate solution is if there is a difference in application, in other words if one is a Switchless Installer and the other is an Addon.  But even then I would hope the two developers would talk and cooperate with each other to make sure they both understand what the other's intentions are, and different threads should be used.  Or if substantial suggestions are made in the thread about ways to modify/improve the Addon and the original Addon maker specifically declines to incorporate the changes for his own reasons, then I think it is appropriate to start a new thread with the alternate solution and let the community decide which version they prefer.  But remember, hopefully you will be prepared to support your version for an extended period of time, especially if the original Addon maker decides to withdraw his version.

Cheers and Regards

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...