Bluescreen error?

skorch41

I was watching a movie when windows restart due to unexpected error, and it shows a bluescreen with many codes and words that i didn't get to read because its restarting. When windows restarts i've put it on safemode because i was afraid it will crash again.. so when windows reports the problem it didn't connect because of internet connection not working on safemode.. i think.. then i restarted again.. when i tried to do a disk cleanup, there's an option to delete a system error memory dump files which is 142mb. is that the error when windows crashed? i was afraid that windows will crash again that's why i've put it on safemode. i've never experienced anything like this before. what's the meaning of bluescreen error? what do i need to do? i'm using windows vista home premium.. :crying_anim02: :sad01_anim: :help:

and windows says, 'windows has recovered from a serious error'. does is mean that i dont have to worry about it?

Edited by skorch41

I was on Vista presentation few weeks ago where they said that Vista can better handle with BSOD. In 80% of the cases Vista "knows" how to avoid BSOD.

You said you were watching a movie, if you watched an .avi or some other format, you probably have a codec issue here.

I was on Vista presentation few weeks ago where they said that Vista can better handle with BSOD. In 80% of the cases Vista "knows" how to avoid BSOD.

You said you were watching a movie, if you watched an .avi or some other format, you probably have a codec issue here.

really? then what do i have to do? reinstall windows?

really? then what do i have to do? reinstall windows?

No, you don't have to reinstall windows. Just remove all of the codec drivers you have and install just one codec pack. Looks like two or more codecs are interfering here..

No, you don't have to reinstall windows. Just remove all of the codec drivers you have and install just one codec pack. Looks like two or more codecs are interfering here..

i only have 1 codec installed.. i think..

when i download divx player, that has a codec pack that comes with it.. and then nothing else.. vlc media player, the reason i downloaded that player is because i can't watch a video compressed with a H264 codec, and vlc media player can play H264 codec..

• 3 months later...